Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • SusieWinwood
    • By SusieWinwood 9th Nov 10, 9:09 AM
    • 252Posts
    • 130Thanks
    SusieWinwood
    Bizzy Kidz - good or bad?
    • 9th Nov 10, 9:09 AM
    Bizzy Kidz - good or bad? 9th Nov 10 at 9:09 AM
    Does anyone have any info re this modelling agency?

I sent pictures of DD on Friday and got a mail yesterday saying they are interested in her.

I've googled them and there are mixed reviews. Some said they've had a lot of work some say they've had none.

Also they want a £120 up front fee to register and have photos taken. The opinion is no agency should ask for payment up front if they are legit.

I've looked on Katie Froud's website (ex Pretty Polly model) and they are not named and shamed as beong one of the 'bad' agencies BUT she does say that an agency shouldn't ask for an up front fee.

Confused.com am I!

Any input/thoughts anyone?

TIA
    Susie
    "A woman is like a tea bag:
    you never know how strong she is
    until she gets in hot water."
Page 2
  • magandauk
    To me it's a scam :)
    My LO has just been provisionally accepted. I got a bit of excited but then the fees made me think not only twice! Also they claim to have so many clients yet, there are so many mixed reviews all over the internet. I called up couple of them (the obvious ones you can associate with babies & kids) none of them are using BizzyKidz! Not in 2013.
    So to me it looks like another scam! I will not be going with them and I think I saved myself a lot of money here!

My advise ... instead of asking on forums, call couple of companies and ask who they are working with. This way you know the company is legit and your kid might actually get some work. Also, most companies will give you contact details for the agencies.
  • LucyMiller
    bizzykidz
    my son was with bizzykidz for 5 years from a toddler and i was very happy with them. He did regular work for Mothercare and Boden and a few other companies but despite having lots of auditions for commercials he only did 1 tv advert for sainsburys. He wasn't really confident enough i don't think so not the agency fault to be fair. We left when i put him with a drama school local to us and they have an agency so couldn't be with both but we always see bizzykidz children at auditions. I would recommend them and would go back to them if Jake wasn't with his drama school. I can only go on personal experience. If others aren't happy then all i can say is one agency might be good for one but not for another.Thats why theres lots of agencies out there and not just the one i guess
    • Angry mum
    • By Angry mum 17th Jan 16, 2:16 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Angry mum
    I would not recommend this agency at all.
    I put forward my niece before Christmas as part of a whistleblowing project. I can confirm that bizzykidz were very quick to book me in and take £180 from me.
    Then charge £50 for a copy of five photos of my choice which were taken. We were then Added to the website. When jobs arise they send a brief (message) out which you can email them to ask if your child can be put forward for. I emailed on several notified briefs but heard no more. I did notice they push for certain children on all jobs, so unless they start pushing all thier children on the books your child won't stand a chance.
    I joined various agencies and have have auditions from all of them except bizzykidz, so please think before joining them.
    • goodmum
    • By goodmum 23rd Sep 16, 2:22 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    goodmum
    Goodmum
    DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY BIZZY KIDZ
    They are money grabbing scams...
    The studio manager is very rude - because I could not log in he became very rude and aggressive-
    I was only calling up to get log in details for my child- I was not happy with the shoot anyway- it only took less than 4mins for £180.00 SCAM!!- I am glad when he said Right!! I WILL REFUND YOU !!! I had him recorded shame shame shame- HOW COULD YOU RUN A BUSINESS LIKE THAT- He eves struck my child off the books - How could they do that to the kids*** I will be contacting all there agents..
    WARNING PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!!!
    Last edited by goodmum; 23-09-2016 at 2:25 PM. Reason: missed out a letter
    • Samijo
    • By Samijo 7th Jan 18, 12:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Samijo
    Defiantly avoid they took my money and I never had anything from no cast call or anything they are rubbish
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,640Posts Today

8,991Users online

Martin's Twitter