Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 1
    • diable
    • By diable 7th Nov 10, 3:37 PM
    • 5,123 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    • 7th Nov 10, 3:37 PM
    • 7th Nov 10, 3:37 PM
    I'd check to position of your box before spending any money on additional equipment then if you need a wireless repeater just search on ebuyer. To set one up all it needs to do is to connect wirelessly to your O2 box and the instructions will tell you how to do that.
  • goldndelicious
    • 7th Nov 10, 4:51 PM
    • 7th Nov 10, 4:51 PM
    thanks diable, the position in the house is fine, essentially i'm looking to stretch the wireless range out into the garden, so in the summer i can work from home outside in the sunshine
    Last edited by goldndelicious; 07-11-2010 at 5:02 PM.
    • esuhl
    • By esuhl 7th Nov 10, 10:32 PM
    • 5,594 Posts
    • 3,845 Thanks
    • 7th Nov 10, 10:32 PM
    • 7th Nov 10, 10:32 PM
    When I received a new router from my ISP, I connected it to my existing router via CAT5e cable, put the two routers at different ends of the house (broadcasting with the same SSID but on different channels), and hey presto: full wireless coverage! I doesn't seem possible to connect the two routers wirelessly, however.

Just thought I'd mention it in case you also have a spare router...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,902Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter