Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Credit Cards > barclaycard login problems (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
barclaycard login problems
Closed Thread
Views: 7,017
# 1
ohsobroke
Old 05-11-2010, 6:28 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default barclaycard login problems

hi is anyone else having problems logging in to barclaycard today? on every attempt it says login failed. just wondering if its a problem with my account or a general problem with their site.
# 2
Geenie
Old 05-11-2010, 7:31 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hi ohsobroke

I haven't had any problem logging in, though I am not a fan of the latest prompt coming up for a password in full view, ie my aunties name above what I need to type in!

"Life is difficult. Life is a series of problems. What makes life difficult is that the process of confronting and solving problems is a painful one." M Scott Peck. The Road Less Travelled.
# 3
stephane
Old 05-11-2010, 8:11 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsobroke View Post
hi is anyone else having problems logging in to barclaycard today? on every attempt it says login failed. just wondering if its a problem with my account or a general problem with their site.
No issues at all....
# 4
hutch610
Old 19-10-2011, 10:53 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsobroke View Post
I getting this now and its third time i have had login problems. Works for few days then fails, i have not put anything wrong in either,
# 5
JDC14
Old 20-10-2011, 12:23 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I'm not but there is a thread full of people having lots of issues with Barclaycard log-in.
# 6
nuthatch
Old 22-11-2011, 3:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Unhappy Barclaycard login failure

Tried to log into my Barclaycard account several times yesterday and kept getting System Error message. Tried again today (from various angles) and still get the same message.
I want to pay my bill before the 'pay by' date, and if this problem continues I'll end up incurring charges!! This is just SO annoying.
I will now give them a call to see if they are experiencing problems with their website....which they obviously are, but I'd like to know what exactly!!
Funnily enough, I remember having similar trouble last month too, but successfully logged in after several attempts. So they need to get this sorted pretty quickly.
# 7
Jennifer_Jane
Old 22-11-2011, 3:31 PM

Logged in fine this morning at about 09:15 or so. All seems fine.*

I paid a manual amount at the weekend and apparently it takes two working days to go through. Nevertheless, it was all in order this morning. I have left in some money owing in order to check that the 'pay by' date and the date which Barclaycard have (and which cannot be changed, it seems), for my DD to go off. But if it all goes wrong, then the interest to pay would be minimal.

All worked fine when I was with Egg.

*PS - have just this moment tried again, and it was slow, but no fundamental problem. Timed: 15:35

Last edited by Jennifer_Jane; 22-11-2011 at 3:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifer_Jane For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Jennifer_Jane
Old 22-11-2011, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenie View Post
Hi ohsobroke

I haven't had any problem logging in, though I am not a fan of the latest prompt coming up for a password in full view, ie my aunties name above what I need to type in!
Wasn't it supposed to be a reminder word, not the actual password itself? A double bluff on your part, perhaps? You have the actual password?
# 9
nuthatch
Old 22-11-2011, 3:56 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Barclaycard login problem - Response

OK - Just contacted Barclaycard using their online chat. I won't go into all the details, but the operator asked exactly what message I was getting which I pasted back to her. This is how it went:

Me: This is the message...."We're sorry there was a problem - we were unable to process your request and as a precaution you have been logged out. Please log back in to continue using mybarclaycard."

Operator: I'm sorry you are having difficulty accessing MyBarclaycard. We are aware of the problem and our technical team is working to fix this issue. Please try to login back later today. If you will encounter same problem please call the internet help desk on 0844 811 1560 sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Hope this helps someone. Meanwhile I'll just try again. However I really do hope that this, as a recurring problem, gets sorted out once and for all.
# 10
Anonymous1973
Old 03-12-2011, 12:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default System Error

I can get the first log-in page but when I have entered my passcode to go to second log-in page I'm getting system error. I called Barclaycard who said that I would have to de then re-register my account! I said I didn't want to do that as it entailed new passwords, details, codes, etc and all they could say was we can do it on the phone for you(!) or 'try tomorrow'!?! Which I did and it still isn't working. Surely I shouldn't have to change passwords, etc / re-create my account because of a fault at Barclaycard's end???
# 11
eschaton
Old 03-12-2011, 3:14 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Fine here.
# 12
angelgirluk
Old 02-02-2012, 6:40 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thumbs down

Major login problems with mine - lets me in with my username and passcode but is claiming that my memorable word is incorrect (which it isn't!!), then when I play along & ask for a reminder to be issued to me by entering my card details as requested, it says ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’.

The online chat box isn't popping up for me either (I find it easier on there than calling) and I tried using the online email form, but when I come to submit it, it says that I am using unknown characters in my email (when I'm not)!! Frustrated is NOT the word!!

Any help here will be much appreciated x
Since registering I have;

Had a free haircut, free Starbucks coffee (daily), free Visit Scotland book, free Open University Fossils guide book, free Rimmel Mascara, free Rimmel nail varnish, free sun cream, free Nivea cream, free Olay samples, free Lacoste samples... I've lost track already......!!
# 13
angelgirluk
Old 02-02-2012, 6:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Angry

Thank you for choosing Barclaycard. An Advisor will be with you shortly. Your chat may be monitored and recorded for training and security purposes, any abusive or inappropriate dialogue will be reported. You are now connected with Shin.

Shin: Hi, thanks for visiting MyBarclaycard. You're chatting to Shin. What problems are you experiencing today Claire?

Claire: Hi Shin. This evening I activated my new Barclay card. I am a new account holder but when trying to log in to my account online, I can get as far as my memorable word, but it is not accepting it. When I press on the link to have my memorable word sent to me, I enter my card details as requested, but receive this message ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’. I do remember my memorable word as I only created the account last week and wrote all my details down and stored them in a safe place. I need access to my account as soon as possible.

Shin: I see.

Shin: I am sorry to hear that Claire. Do you see a hint or the memorable word reminder for your memorable word please?

Claire: Yes I do, but once I click this and enter my card details as requested I receieve this message: ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’

Shin: Ok.

Shin: If there is a clue and you cannot log-in, it just means that you maybe entering incorrect Memorable Word. Kindly click on the 'Forgot Memorable Word' tab to reset. Your memorable word can only be 6-8 letters long and none of those can be next to each other on the same row of keys, so for example, the word "Andrew" won't work because the "we" part are on the same row right next to each other, it also can't have any repeated letters so words like "Hannah" won't work either because of the "nn".

Claire: Please read again what I wrote above. I have done this already (EVEN THOUGH I KNOW MY MEMORABLE WORD IS CORRECT) but it won't even let me re-set the word!!

Shin: Ok.

Shin: I'm sorry that you are experiencing difficulty accessing MyBarclaycard. In order to help you further, I can give you the number for Internet Help Desk so they can reset your log-in details, for you to access your account. The number is 0844 811 1560 (Monday to Sunday: 8AM-10PM). Please stay on the line until you log-in.

Claire: I am not happy. This number will charge me for calling!

Claire: Hello?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgirluk View Post
Major login problems with mine - lets me in with my username and passcode but is claiming that my memorable word is incorrect (which it isn't!!), then when I play along & ask for a reminder to be issued to me by entering my card details as requested, it says ‘Your logon request could not be processed. Please check your details and try again’.

The online chat box isn't popping up for me either (I find it easier on there than calling) and I tried using the online email form, but when I come to submit it, it says that I am using unknown characters in my email (when I'm not)!! Frustrated is NOT the word!!

Any help here will be much appreciated x
Since registering I have;

Had a free haircut, free Starbucks coffee (daily), free Visit Scotland book, free Open University Fossils guide book, free Rimmel Mascara, free Rimmel nail varnish, free sun cream, free Nivea cream, free Olay samples, free Lacoste samples... I've lost track already......!!
# 14
ChristineJ93
Old 09-02-2012, 1:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Also having Barclaycard login issues

Hi,

I also can't login today. I haven't changed any of my login details, yet I can't login. First time I have had this issue.

Is it best to just wait and try again later?

Thanks
Christine
# 15
LADY A
Old 09-02-2012, 1:26 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinej93 View Post
hi,

i also can't login today. I haven't changed any of my login details, yet i can't login. First time i have had this issue.

Is it best to just wait and try again later?

Thanks
christine
same here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
# 16
jr064
Old 09-02-2012, 2:13 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

same here. I successfully logged in a few days ago. Today i can't login, no matter what i try. i cahtted to a virtual person, who suggested that barclaycard were having issues with some browsers. he saked me to try IE8, which they know works. i tried IE8 and it still had login problems. So, he told me contact INternet customer services on the 0844 number.

This is absolutely unacceptable from Barclaycard. especially since it seems that from the start of the thread, it was happening 2 weeks ago !
Closed Thread