Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1101
    • MoneyLoser
    • By MoneyLoser 27th Oct 17, 9:17 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 164 Thanks
    MoneyLoser
    The Confiscation Unit confiscates assets from individuals found guilty and distributes the proceeds to victims of the criminal activity. I don't know whether costs are deducted.

The late payers argunent concerns the rights of creditors of the company and concerns the final distribution by the liquidators of the value of the company assets, after deduction of the liquidator' costs. Because of costs, a negligible distribution is expected.

It looks like Mrs Benstead's Cornwall property has been confiscated or maybe the proceeds of sale. I wonder whether the French property escaped confiscation?
    • buffer2212
    • By buffer2212 1st Nov 17, 4:01 PM
    • 64 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    buffer2212
    Envelope's
    What about the unopened envelope's,is that gone????????????
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 3rd Nov 17, 10:44 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    What about the unopened envelope's,is that gone????????????
    Originally posted by buffer2212
    I'm afraid that ship sailed a long while back when the judge said it should go into the main pot!
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 6th Nov 17, 2:19 PM
    • 27,114 Posts
    • 13,226 Thanks
    Cardew
    I'm afraid that ship sailed a long while back when the judge said it should go into the main pot!
    Originally posted by Grey Rook
    Has the 'late payers' case been resolved yet?
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 9th Nov 17, 11:02 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    Has the 'late payers' case been resolved yet?
    Originally posted by Cardew
    Still ongoing I'm sorry to say.
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 9th Nov 17, 2:05 PM
    • 27,114 Posts
    • 13,226 Thanks
    Cardew
    I understood that if successful the 'late payers' claim would be for 100% of their losses to be paid for the remaining moneys, including any assets confiscated.

How does that fit with the 6% of the losses, reclaimed from the Matriarch of the Benstead clan, being distributed to all creditors?
    • goldenicon
    • By goldenicon 19th Nov 17, 2:14 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    goldenicon
    I lost £500 to them back in 2010.

Just got an email from the tribunal and I will only be awarded £30.83

Any advice?
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 20th Nov 17, 11:46 AM
    • 8,838 Posts
    • 21,142 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi everyone

Biggles has mentioned on the Site Feedback board that other than this dedicated thread the Crown Currency sub-board has become rather superflous.

It does look as though several people have been posting currency questions on this board when they're more likely to get their question answered on the Overseas travel MoneySaving boards.

We're looking into closing this sub-board to new posts but absolutely do not want this specific discussion to end.

We'd like to know where you'd prefer us to move it to so that it doesn't get lost.

If you've all subscribed to it and set your forum account to email you when someone posts on the thread you shouldn't lose track of it anyway but let us know. We're mindful many of you may still be using the old green forum version too. You may also find it easier to keep track if you're using the blue forum version but that's by no means compulsory.

Let us know which board you'd like us to move it to and we'll bear that in mind.

Talk to you soon

Andrea
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 20th Nov 17, 4:59 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    The Crown Currency Case is still ongoing but Biggles is obviously not a creditor.
    • goldenicon
    • By goldenicon 20th Nov 17, 8:23 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    goldenicon
    I lost £500 to them back in 2010.

Just got an email from the tribunal and I will only be awarded £30.83

Any advice?
    Originally posted by goldenicon
    Will I ever see my £500.00 or should I accept the payment. Is there any way to insist on full payment or is their decision final?

Thanks.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 21st Nov 17, 6:56 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    Will I ever see my £500.00 or should I accept the payment. Is there any way to insist on full payment or is their decision final?

Thanks.
    Originally posted by goldenicon
    Goldenicon it is not about accepting the offer or insisting on full payment. This payment is from the Proceeds of Crime Act and is separate from the liquidation being undertaken by Duff & Phelps. So you should take it as you have nothing to lose.
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 21st Nov 17, 8:46 AM
    • 7,516 Posts
    • 4,909 Thanks
    Biggles
    The Crown Currency Case is still ongoing but Biggles is obviously not a creditor.
    Originally posted by Grey Rook
    That wasn't my point.

New posters have been reading 'currency exchange' and posting questions on here about changing GBP to EUR etc, only to be told 'It's the wrong forum'. Just look down the posts over the last few months, there's hardly a post on Crown itself.

Some no doubt eventually find the right forum, others get confused and fed up and don't come back to MSE.

Hopefully the steps MSE are taking will help in future.
    • goldenicon
    • By goldenicon 21st Nov 17, 11:11 AM
    • 24 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    goldenicon
    @ Grey Rook.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought that the offer was the final payment.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 26th Nov 17, 10:24 PM
    • 3,220 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/martin-lewis-slams-facebook-after-11592159

Martin Lewis slams facebook. This has been going on for months. I saw this months ago...why is Martin just jumping on the bandwagon now?
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 26th Nov 17, 11:11 PM
    • 3,220 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5005041/martin-lewis-rages-at-facebook-after-social-network-con-uses-his-pic-to-trick-oap-out-of-150k/

Unbelievable Martin, As i said this has been going on for months, the advert from facebook, and now after allegedly a pensioner loses £150k you decide to come out...
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 27th Nov 17, 7:20 AM
    • 3,220 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/oap-conned-out-150000-company-11588291

This facebook ad has been going on for months, in fact a similar ad or the same ad appeared using a higher profile person, Simon Cowell as a front. When looking at it more closely it was or did appear an obvious scam. In fact if i recall the same or similar ad was appearing only days ago, but not sure.

It takes an allegation by a pensioner losing £150,000 to bring it into the public domain it seems. This ad should have been stopped months ago and i suspect if facebook had known about it they would have shut it down. But as always the horse has now bolted and critics jump in.....
    • pelirocco
    • By pelirocco 27th Nov 17, 7:45 AM
    • 7,591 Posts
    • 8,463 Thanks
    pelirocco
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/martin-lewis-slams-facebook-after-11592159

Martin Lewis slams facebook. This has been going on for months. I saw this months ago...why is Martin just jumping on the bandwagon now?
    Originally posted by wantanswers
    Its hardly jumping on the bandwagon is it
    Why would people invest £150000.00 because of advert on Facebook should be the question
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 27th Nov 17, 8:49 AM
    • 3,220 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Its hardly jumping on the bandwagon is it
    Why would people invest £150000.00 because of advert on Facebook should be the question
    Originally posted by pelirocco
    I couldn't agree more pelirocco.

This advert has been running Months and was clearly a scam, well i thought so, but i'm just a thick 70 year old pensioner.

But never the less, this seemingly well educated lady sees an advert on facebook which is fronted by Martin Lewis, does her checks no doubt and thinks it is a good investment opportunity. She then i presume walks into her bank, tell the bank of her brilliant opportunity and the bank then presses a button and £150,000 is transferred, no questions asked i presume.....just unbelievable.
    • simmey
    • By simmey 29th Nov 17, 10:35 AM
    • 167 Posts
    • 86 Thanks
    simmey
    I have received an email from LCC Confiscation Unit offering me £36.86 for my £600 I lost, they want my bank account details, has anyone here given them their details and received the payment? After losing money initially I am now wary of giving my bank details out.

Please help.
    Last edited by simmey; 29-11-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 1st Dec 17, 7:12 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 682 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    I have received an email from LCC Confiscation Unit offering me £36.86 for my £600 I lost, they want my bank account details, has anyone here given them their details and received the payment? After losing money initially I am now wary of giving my bank details out.

Please help.
    Originally posted by simmey
    It is fine if you reply to LCCCconfiscationunit@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,340Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin