Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1099
    • Glen Clark
    • By Glen Clark 26th Dec 16, 1:12 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 2,668 Thanks
    Glen Clark
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4062114/Son-crooked-bureau-change-boss-killed-jurors-considered-verdicts-20m-fraud-trial-pay-80-000-compensation.html

Try this!

Hopefully the rest of this disgraceful family will also be pursued

Edit
    The link in the post above wasn't working for me - it is now!
    Originally posted by Cardew
    Interesting link thanks.
    Perhaps Benstead did take the easy way out. That doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. He could never earn the monery to pay anyone back because the only thing he seemed to be any good at is scamming people. At least he isn't costing the taxpayer any more.
    For society to function well, people generally need to feel that they have a fair chance of success through their ability and efforts. The more entrenched hereditary elites we have, the less likely people are to feel that way
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 29th Dec 16, 11:18 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    The numbers do not add up! - Mayfair & Grant
    If my memory serves me right, Mayfair & Grant not only sold bullion - for safe keeping in their vaults, but, bought second hand Gold, as well. If second hand Gold was purchased, then, a supply of cash would be needed, and, records kept. Okay, I can see the implied imitation of 'Peter paying Paul' but, the compensation amount specified - £86,000 doesn't tally with the stipulated £450,000 that was extorted from investors in bullion. Are we to believe the banks would have had no concern regarding possible money laundering - 22 investors forking out 450K!
    This brings me to poor little Sabu the Elephant Boy, listening to his Elephant whispering " What about the £450,000 loan that daddy flying bedstead gave you from CCE Ltd - just before those nasty liquidmisers stepped in?"
    Confused? I am.
    (1) How much did the magnificent 22 lose buying bullion?
    (2) How much scrap Gold was purchased and processed
    (3)What was the total paid for the second hand Gold
    (4) Bank Account Details relating to the small quantity of transactions must surely exist - with substantial amounts involved. Which bank?

I get the impression that 'the broad picture' is presented to the Legal Beagles, they have no interest in the 'nitty gritty' - simply what is the magnitude of their fees. The same goes for the Liquidmisers and their actual contribution in the whole charade ( which I would classify as totally inappropriate in a case of fraud, and, actually impeding the investigation by our Police Force).

Unless the numbers are unravelled and made obvious, another Flying Bedstead will walk away from prison, in a couple of years time, with a great deal of money awaiting him. £86K- chicken feed!
    • Glen Clark
    • By Glen Clark 2nd Jan 17, 8:44 AM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 2,668 Thanks
    Glen Clark
    £86K- chicken feed!
    Originally posted by sleeplessnight
    Most of the money must have gone through over generous exchange rates, Peter Bensteads extravagent lifestyle and losses made in other business etc.
    The compensation from Julian Benstead cannot be more than he is actually able to pay.
    If £86k is all he has got he may prefer to spend a bit longer in jail than hand it over. He should not be given the choice, but I suppose they don't know where he might have hidden it
    Last edited by Glen Clark; 02-01-2017 at 8:50 AM.
    For society to function well, people generally need to feel that they have a fair chance of success through their ability and efforts. The more entrenched hereditary elites we have, the less likely people are to feel that way
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 3rd Jan 17, 10:57 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Most of the money must have gone through over generous exchange rates, Peter Bensteads extravagent lifestyle and losses made in other business etc.
    The compensation from Julian Benstead cannot be more than he is actually able to pay.
    If £86k is all he has got he may prefer to spend a bit longer in jail than hand it over. He should not be given the choice, but I suppose they don't know where he might have hidden it
    Originally posted by Glen Clark
    I'm sorry for making a 'pig's ear' in attempting to highlight a specific sum of money that CCE Ltd transferred to Mayfair & Grant - by way of a loan - just ahead of the of CCE Ltd's declaration of insolvency. If memory serves me, the liquidmisers revealed the fact that nearly £500K was transferred as a loan to Mayfair & Grant. What for, if the customers purchasing bullion were being 'ripped off' by ficticious transactions?
    Surely, bank records would exist regarding such a substantial sum.
    Perhaps the Flying Bedsteads No.2 could shed some light on why the Flying Bedsteads 'heir apparant' needed the £500K, and what happened to it.
    I'm quite sure the bulk of the folk who fell foul of this whole evil entreprise, master-minded by the Flying Bedstead Tribe, would vomit if they thought any one of them continued to benefit after a paltry prison term. They should be squeezed like lemons in a press.

Hopefully, now you will appreciate why I sensed the 'smug sense of satisfaction' that our villain might experience, should he have a hidden 'nest egg' of £500K - gratis from Daddy, not forgetting what he extorted from the customers buying bullion. £86K compensation. (' I should be so lucky He say's!')
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 7th Jan 17, 11:00 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    £500K to Mayfair & Grant. Loan? No trace?
    I presume I have a 'Leper' classification. On the other hand, there may have been vested interests at work, over the years. I'm sure the bank concerned, had personnel in place, to defend their actions. Equally, the Royal Mail, declined to engage at any level, with the pillaging of mail, by the administrators. All water under the bridge.
    Now, when it comes down to the magnitude of the theft. The son and heir, is alleged to owe £86K.

This is when the likes of Peli is needed to regurgitate the numbers associated with CCE Ltd, loaning his son, nearly £500K, ahead of the insovency declaration. C'mon Peli, you cannot allow the swine to walk away with a £86K liability.
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 8th Jan 17, 10:15 AM
    • 26,536 Posts
    • 12,774 Thanks
    Cardew
    Devon and Cornwall Police have issued an Update on 04 Jan 2017 but it doesn't say anything. This is the latest information I can find on-line.

As previously reported the confiscation investigations into the convicted defendants continue. Devon & Cornwall Police continue to work with the liquidators of the Crown Companies in respect of the civil matters concerning the estate of Peter Benstead.
    At the time that each defendant was sentenced HHJ Gledhill, the trial judge, put in place a timetable in which the various legal matters concerning the confiscation proceedings, had to be dealt with. The elements of the confiscation proceedings are dealt with within the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002.
    We are partly through that process – The confiscation proceedings against Steven Matthews and Roderick !!!!!!! have been completed, but they had very little in terms of assets. (just a few hundred pounds) and HHJ Gledhill made comment that it would cost considerably more trying to distribute such a small sum.
    Julian Benstead is listed for a hearing on 22nd July 2016, and it is hoped that the matters against him will be concluded on that day.
    Susan Benstead is listed for a hearing in mid September 2016.
    Edward James is also currently listed for a hearing in mid September 2016.
    The administrators also continue to pursue the estate of Peter Benstead through the civil courts.
    These matters are taking longer than it was anticipated but we continue to try and bring these matters to a conclusion.
    Paul Bean
    T / Detective Superintendent
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 11th Jan 17, 10:44 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    As one of the thirteen thousand being sewn into canvas bags!
    They will be asking for collection boxes next, for the thieving scum who helped the Flying Bedstead schemes to survive and re-appear - many times, in different guises. Strange that the Bank who afforded the loyalty to the Flying Bedsteads schemes, never failed to welcome the next venture! That must open a very large question mark!
    If we are to believe that the 'brains behind the scam' were 'under-paid and without any assets' would you employ such individuals to run your enterprise?
    That leaves us with a bank that cannot say NO to a repetitive bankrupt, and, individuals who are working for nothing!

I'm sure Chief Inspector Bean knows different.

13,000 people remain hurting, we see very little evidence of the real villains experiencing more than a head-ache.
    Forget the time wasting scum that have contributed nothing, other than claim disgusting fees for doing nothing. Ahead of their 'take-over', their joyful representatives, raided Royal Mail Sealed Packages, commenced selling all of the office equipment - to whom ever they considered, appropriate , for ridiculously low prices.
    Then they stand back 'panting' when our Police Force is called in to conduct a serious investigation.
    In other words, the assets of a failed entity, are suddenly made available to (WHO) at a price that would make your eyes water.

I'm sorry. This is simply a thieves charter. How do we do something about it?
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 12th Jan 17, 10:49 AM
    • 26,536 Posts
    • 12,774 Thanks
    Cardew
    I'm sure Chief Inspector Bean knows different.
    He has now been promoted to Superintendent!

I wonder if any of the 13,000 are in touch with him about progress to recover monies.

Also is there any progress through the civil courts?
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 31st Jan 17, 3:32 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 845 Thanks
    poacherp
    Fantastic news poacherp, I'm MSE Badger and I've just given you a badge!

6 year anniversary

Congratulations! You’ve been an MSE MoneySaver 6 years! A huge celebratory Mexican Wave from all of us at MoneySaving Towers.

Just received the above from some crackpot disguised as a bloody badger!!

I mean...... who wishes to celebrate the 6th anniversary of losing several grand with a stinking badger??? This CCE case has dragged on and I feel so much happier for a "badge" from Badger

I would much prefer to have my money back - couldn't be more black and white than that!

But hey, Badger, you're a highly intelligent species and are reading this....... though I don't recall seeing a badger wearing glasses.

Your badge is heartily received!
    • poacherp
    • By poacherp 31st Jan 17, 3:34 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 845 Thanks
    poacherp
    Just noted that I've served more time in here than those criminals will serve in prison! As for poor Cardew...... what did you do for 10 years??
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 6th Mar 17, 11:19 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    The only Superintendent I knew, looked after Lord Tredegar's Swimming Pool. s
    He has now been promoted to Superintendent!

I wonder if any of the 13,000 are in touch with him about progress to recover monies.

Also is there any progress through the civil courts?
    Originally posted by Cardew
    As far as I am concerned. Whatever extortionate fees have been siphoned off the dregg's of whatever was left of CCE Ltd, by the so called legal entities involved, I might never have existed as a creditor. No doubt, I'm one of an army ( excluding the Cornish bar-stewards who had their money returned at our expence, during an insolvency, in which they should have been legally involved). This single fact, made me realise the staff involved, and the Cornish customers - who suffererd no loss, were on the same wavelength, when it came to fraud.
    I start to doubt the competence, and integrity, of those conducting the admiinistration. Reflect on the £1M purchase of a property by the spouse of the deceased. This was rapidly re-sold, to increase the content of the cash coffer - irrespective of the fact that it was an appreciatingh asset? AT A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION FROM THE PURCHASE PRICE. Memory seems to suggest just under £700K.
    Other than that, us 'small fry' (though not all small fry) are expected to mind our own business.
    The actual performance of those assigned to this investigation, starts to suggest they will never deliver justice, based on what they cost our tax payers. We have been 'mugged' three times. 1st CCE Ltd, 2nd: The Administrators, 3rd, Our Police Force.
    They do not have the decency to say 'sorry'. I suppose this is how the criminal mind views the mugs in society.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 8th Mar 17, 11:05 PM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 2,331 Thanks
    harz99
    So over £80k is only 9 months bird, sheesh what is it based on - an administrators pay?
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 25th Mar 17, 10:26 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    The 'Duffers' last report.
    Condensed Version:
    Quote. We have done next to nothing this last year, and, continue to 'home in on the residual funds' - extracting a modest amount for answering a small number of futile telephone calls, from the losers (oops! unsecured creditors). At £175 an hour, we have easily covered the wages of our our newest recruit lady telephone assistant, despite her stammer, and, difficulty in understanding the English language.
    Hopefully, we may entrap the 'Flying Bedsteads Estate' - dragging it down to our 'Administration Level'. Unquote.

I gather it is my responsibility, as an unsecured creditor, to view the web site of this 'Cactus Fly Trap', to ascertain how much flesh remains on my skeleton! Even after this extended period of elapsed time, 'Sparsky & Hutch' are being thrown crumbs, to keep them sweet, pending the next killing, if the 'Flying Bedstead's Estate' ends up in their Administrators clutches!

To be frank. I detest our Legal System and those that perpetuate what it stands for. From Magistrates who can't believe everyone never had a Nanny! To the Real Fat Cats, who must command incredible 'sweeteners' in return for services rendered.
    As a small time loser ( a couple of holidays cancelled) as opposed to some of the poor souls who lost their shirts. It must really hurt to see the original perpetrator of the crime, replaced with 'Legal Vultures' who are a disgusting example on 'how not to demonstate the serving of Justice.'

Can you imagine the quality of our Police Force, if they were to be afforded the fees that are creamed off by the likes of the Duffers?
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 26th Mar 17, 10:53 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Career Opportunities in Administration and Insolvency Services
    There must be many graduates out there who hunger for employment in the aforementioned. Needless to say, it was like 'looking for a needle in a hay stack' to identify potential job opportunities, and, evaluate the best performers in a sector that doesn't have a 'goods-out' department, nor publishes 'Customer Reviews'.
    It was purely by chance, when 'reverse engineering' what the sector actually does, that a category emerged - which fully describes their role. 'Extracting the last drop of juice.'
    Bingo. The search engines struck Gold and revealed their closely guarded infrastructure. Here you will find 'performance bragging', 'take-over information among themselves', 'job adverts', and 'items for sale'.
    Now you may marvel at the world of 'minimum effort for maximum reward.' with the assurance that nobody has ever challenged these 'appointed parasites' of their conduct.
    OK, enough suspense.

www.dung beetle gazette. pong
    • kbx
    • By kbx 1st Apr 17, 1:46 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    kbx
    There must be many graduates out there who hunger for employment in the aforementioned. Needless to say, it was like 'looking for a needle in a hay stack' to identify potential job opportunities, and, evaluate the best performers in a sector that doesn't have a 'goods-out' department, nor publishes 'Customer Reviews'.
    It was purely by chance, when 'reverse engineering' what the sector actually does, that a category emerged - which fully describes their role. 'Extracting the last drop of juice.'
    Bingo. The search engines struck Gold and revealed their closely guarded infrastructure. Here you will find 'performance bragging', 'take-over information among themselves', 'job adverts', and 'items for sale'.
    Now you may marvel at the world of 'minimum effort for maximum reward.' with the assurance that nobody has ever challenged these 'appointed parasites' of their conduct.
    OK, enough suspense.

www.dung beetle gazette. pong
    Well thank you for sharing you frustration, which is very slight compensation for the financial loss and, perhaps worse, the knowledge that these 'pillars of society' get away with it.
    They are not, I believe, happy with Brexit, so a small victory for small (terribly stupid and totally uneducated) members of 'the public'.
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 23rd Apr 17, 11:38 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Duffers February 2017 Progress Report
    Well thank you for sharing you frustration, which is very slight compensation for the financial loss and, perhaps worse, the knowledge that these 'pillars of society' get away with it.
    They are not, I believe, happy with Brexit, so a small victory for small (terribly stupid and totally uneducated) members of 'the public'.
    Originally posted by kbx
    A good friend directed me to the Duffers February 2017 'Liquidators Progress Report'. It seems the Judge has decreed the unsecured creditors may view the Duffers web site, to ascertain what is happening. In other words, the Duffers have no obligation to the 13,000, other than the 'sham'that they respond to phone calls from said 13,000 victims - at great cost. I struggled with reading the statement, but, decided it really was garbage, simply concealing the fact that 'the blood letting' would continue until all the victims died.

Please look at the Duffers web site to view the nauseus grabage.
    Last edited by sleeplessnight; 23-04-2017 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Up-date
    • Glen Clark
    • By Glen Clark 28th Apr 17, 1:26 PM
    • 3,669 Posts
    • 2,668 Thanks
    Glen Clark
    So over £80k is only 9 months bird, sheesh what is it based on - an administrators pay?
    Originally posted by harz99
    Does the 9 months bird absolve him of the debt?
    Or is it just a punishment for not producing the money. If he's got it, and they find it, can they still take it after he has done the bird?
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 6th May 17, 11:29 PM
    • 1,531 Posts
    • 274 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Originally posted by kbx
    Right now, you begin to see who your friends really are. The 'good old USA' eventually decided'Aircraft Carrier GB' was their only option. Not before the 'Lend Lease' arrangement was guaranteed to bankrupt and help destroy the British Empire. Post War, both Germany & Japan were provided with the latest technology in engineering - at zero cost. Meanwhile, Great Britain, was lumbered with massive debts, incurred in fighting for the freedom of Europe. This debt was finally paid-off ( without any respite from the USA) leaving the UK obsolete in it's engineering facilities. Yes, this did leave the GB a near penniless Victor, watching those it sacrificed an Empire for, growing fat from the latest engineering technology that could be thrown their way - for free!
    Now, like wounded 'Curr Dogs' the Brits do not like being dictated to by un-grateful 'Scum Bags'. This is why they resist being swamped by Nation, after Nation, who were quite happy to align themselves ( temporarily) with Hitler.
    Whether Europe likes it or not. This little Island, was the only chance they had of avoiding total domination by Hitler. Adolf would have loved to 'co-operate' with the British - effectively barring the USA from entering the war.
    Water under the bridge. All we are left with, are the scum who want rob the British Tax Payers, to fund their own extravagent 'in-house' schemes. With not a 'Chance in Hell', of them returning any funds into the kitty.
    If memory serves me right. Junkers 87 (Stuka) was Blitzeckieg Machine. The prat with a similar name, is already showing his colours. If he, and they, believe the Brits do not have long memories - think again. Our War Dead numbers will shame many of the nations under German Domination.
    • Kebabus
    • By Kebabus 23rd May 17, 12:49 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Kebabus
    I lost around 2000 pounds back in 2010, is there any chance of getting any of it back, still angry after all these years!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

97Posts Today

1,742Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just leaving Manchester after the funeral of my beloved grandma Gladys who passed away last night. https://t.co/nuC9ry5mP6

• The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Follow Martin