Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1097
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 5th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    I suspect the 'Money Saving Expert' web site, has gone the same way as the newspapers. Totally unusable due to advertising video's taking over your machine. Shut down, and get yourself a nice book from your local library.
    It is not a local malaise. All of the so called 'Local Newspapers' have become disgusting entities, that make the 'hackers' look like amateurs.
    Just look how much memory is being acquired, without you knowing it, to force feed you garbage, whilst you cannot even escape the situation, because, downloading of video's, seems to take priopity. Does this send you warning signals? It does to me.
    I can do without this 'scenario' and do not like what I see.
    As for the 13000 victims of the Flying Bedstead, and his trusty team of thieves. In particular, those thieves who perpetuated the scam, and, relied upon the special relationship between EJ and Barclays Bank, to extract an obscene amount of money, in settlement of pre-calculated severance pay. Do you really believe, any of the thieves involved in this scam, would have remained in their place of emplolyment, had there not been a guarantee, their money would be there for the taking.

Good old EJ. An Officer and a Gentleman. Just the job for a scam that leaves him in the 'coop'. Pity he's an old Git. Still,Who's bothered!
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 6th Oct 16, 8:25 PM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Warning - VERY STRONG LANGUAGE
    It's just a rap though just like most others...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHT6EamuC6U
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 6th Oct 16, 8:54 PM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    The Price Of Purity
    http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12772461.The_price_of_purity__how_we_became_a_nati on_of_spa_addicts/

"At 47 I have to keep things ticking over"

Men account for much of the growth in the health-spa market. Stephen Farley, an investment director who works in Edinburgh, has been a spa regular for more than 10 years". He loves spas so much that he and his wife are building their own private one in their new home, complete with sauna, steam room and gym. Currently, Stephen goes to the Balmoral Hotel spa for relaxation and to the Esporta club for the gym facilities. His regular steam room sessions usually last for a minimum of two hours. He goes into the steam room for 15 minutes, then comes out and drinks three pints of water. He then returns to the steam room for another 15 minutes, repeating the process three or four times.
    Last edited by wantanswers; 06-10-2016 at 9:05 PM.
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 14th Oct 16, 11:26 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    [QUOTE=wantanswers;71393889]

Thanks for that I see the article has indeed been updated. Anyway the life of luxury and property purchases seems somewhere near so i'm told. Over £360,000 for a couple of cars and number plates is a bit taking the P!$$ though. BFN
    Originally posted by sleeplessnight
    I must admit to wondering which planet I live on. For exanple. A starving wretch, consistently steals food from a well known Supermarket. Eventually, they 'nail him' - with the freshley cooked Belgium Buns, and, two half eaten doughnuts in his duffle coat pockets. With the greatest of ease, this poor soul is placed in Her Majesty's care for a lengthy term. Meanwhile, there are thieves - with origins in Africa, who are thoroughly versed in English Law, and may even have been educated in our Universities, learning exactly the limitations and boundaries of our legal system. Exploitation, requires an in-depth knowledge of the system you are functioning in. Of course, the greatest benefit, is the ability to avoid prosecution - no matter what the situation.
    Are we really to believe the villain who thieved £113M, is able to pursue the life style of a millionaire?
    If that is so, then, there is very little point in subscribing to the MSE web site. Justice seems to be reserved for the 'small fry'.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 15th Oct 16, 7:56 AM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    "Are we really to believe the villain who thieved £113M, is able to pursue the life style of a millionaire?"

A couple of cruises worth over £65K both from the business account of course. This is some clever boyo sleepless who knows the knack of deceit or alternatively he just exploited a very poor regulated system. Mind you there still seems a problems in putting him away, indictment deferred, still no justice for those he has admitted defrauding.

What was it your man spent some £30k on a cruise, well this Herriot Watt University Graduate doubled it.

I've been told to throw in another £20K spending money from, at the time, one of those currency firms.
    Last edited by wantanswers; 15-10-2016 at 8:02 AM.
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 23rd Oct 16, 12:06 AM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Barristers simply charge £1000 an hour - for nothing
    "Are we really to believe the villain who thieved £113M, is able to pursue the life style of a millionaire?"

A couple of cruises worth over £65K both from the business account of course. This is some clever boyo sleepless who knows the knack of deceit or alternatively he just exploited a very poor regulated system. Mind you there still seems a problems in putting him away, indictment deferred, still no justice for those he has admitted defrauding.

What was it your man spent some £30k on a cruise, well this Herriot Watt University Graduate doubled it.

I've been told to throw in another £20K spending money from, at the time, one of those currency firms.
    Originally posted by wantanswers
    Want, without funds, Mr Everyman, doesn't have a chance in Hell, of beating the villains in this World. 'The Highway Men' - or persons associated with the 'Briefs' who pretend to be such caring individuals, are simply money grabbers. You may have noticed how little of what you provided for your brief, how much they ignored!
    In general, they are already looking ahead to the next court case - with the attendand fees.
    Doesn't it give you a nice comforting feeling, to know your £1000 a day, is so well spent?
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 24th Oct 16, 11:36 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Up-Date on Fees charged by 'Wig wearing Scumbags'
    I'm told that my fee estimates are wildly inaccurate.
    As for the 'villain' - the State appoint the defence barrister.
    As for the victim, be prepared to 'flensed' by the Barristers who will present their case, not yours, in pusuit of a quick settlement. Many of these individuals, when pursued in private law suites, have ever remembered a single crucial detail, in the case they were representing.
    If you do employ the 'wig wearing' brigade. Make a comprehensive note of the proceedings. Believe me, they will have made next to zero notes, and, rely on your abject belief in theit professionalism.
    Lastly, make them sign as having read and agreed the content of your notes.

Now you are armed, to engage with their Masters. Not before time.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 25th Oct 16, 12:13 PM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers

Now you are armed, to engage with their Masters. Not before time.
    This one needs to be out of the way first sleepless but it seem there are problems.....maybe after 4 years of negotiating the value of his fraud and admitting it he still believes he is innocent....hey ho!

8 years of the proverbial for lots.

http://stephenfarley.co.uk/glossary/cameron-farley-ltd/
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 25th Oct 16, 12:44 PM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    It's a tough old world sleepless...

"Cameron Farley has been determined by British regulators to be a Ponzi scheme and placed in liquidation, according to the lawsuit. Plaintiffs in litigation filed against Gain claim that it should have conducted more due diligence on Cameron Farley and that it was negligent or reckless in missing red flags in connection with the firm, according to the lawsuit. The litigation is ongoing, according to the ruling."

http://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20150812/NEWS06/150819939

BTW it's a very old article
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 26th Oct 16, 12:35 AM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Hi Want,
    I suspect there was no other alternative. He is totally full of 'bull !!!!' and tries to strangle those who even have the temerity to visit his web site. If our legal system cannot cancel, and remove, the likes of this scumbag, then, where do we go next? Perhaps he should be invited to a 'shoot in Scotland' - all fees paid!
    Even fishing on the Loch's in the cold weather, can be dangerous for those 'not in the know!'
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 28th Oct 16, 9:43 AM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    His crime was simply preventable sleepless. One judge has already remarked "regrettable".

Maybe that is why he still has the confidence to show "no remorse" according to the Scottish Police Officer, but we will have to wait and see how The Hon Lady Scott views it.
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 29th Oct 16, 11:02 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    His crime was simply preventable sleepless. One judge has already remarked "regrettable".

Maybe that is why he still has the confidence to show "no remorse" according to the Scottish Police Officer, but we will have to wait and see how The Hon Lady Scott views it.
    Want, I admire your tolerance in his situation. You are actually projecting a response to other poor souls, who may follow in your foot steps. "Ah Well, it couldn't be helped!"

Anyone who blatently continues to spend ill gotten gains on luxuries - pending protracted legal wrangling, and clever distractions - all avidly agreed by those with their noses in the snout of the villain they are supposedly representing. Deserves no understanding - whatsoever. What a disgusting scenario of British Law!
    Try examining the records of Dorchester, regarding court proceedings - circa 1860. A man, caught thieving a chicken, to feed his starving family. Another actually slaughtered a sheep.
    The local residents, including their young children, used to watch the frequent hangings. Sounds horrendous doesn't it. The fact is, the chicken was meant to feed the family of they who nurtured it. Equally, the sheep was shepharded, for the same reason.

If you applied the same quality of British Law - as of today, there would riots and people would revert to the law that existed in the Klondike, during the Gold Rush Era.

Want. There will others in the same boat that you found yourself in. They will desperately need good advice, to avoid what you have had to accept as ' normal in such cases'. I have only tasted the delights of being witness, and victim of, the activities of a thieving Cornish Conglomorate. Right now, just like your Simon Farley, they continue as if nothing has changed. Sure, the 'Supremo' - topped himself, before others, would have been too happy to help him on his way.
    I would love to find a mechanism that really illustrates the 'profiteering between defunct company bosses and the Liquidmisers'. Literally, a new company can be assembled ( if you have a good friend in the Administrators Business) for less than One Thousand Pound. That means computers, office furniture, - you name it. It happens time after time!
    Okay, I will 'Bow Out' at this point. You know, Mr Everyman, should never receive this kind of treatment. It actually transitions beyond farce. Driven by a greedy Legal Profession, who have no regard for the law - simply the opportunities it provides for those who function within it.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 30th Oct 16, 8:11 AM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Want, I admire your tolerance in his situation. You are actually projecting a response to other poor souls, who may follow in your foot steps. "Ah Well, it couldn't be helped!"
    Far from it sleepless, but we must wait and see the man behind bars first...
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 30th Oct 16, 11:10 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Meanwhile, he drains and diverts the total remaining assets, into a luxury life style. Is that what you want? Some people would say their luxurious life style, was worth the two years actually spent in prison.
    I tend towards the person trying to feed his family, then, having his bird, or animal, stolen. That is when I would happily join the crowd watching the Gallows, at Dorchester.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 31st Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Meanwhile, he drains and diverts the total remaining assets, into a luxury life style. Is that what you want?
    He did that prior September 2008 sleepless and boy what a lifestyle he and his missus had. Anyway its gone September 2016 and he still walks the streets, now there must be a clue in there somewhere.

But he has pleaded guilty. Albeit it appears negotiable.
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 31st Oct 16, 11:03 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    He did that prior September 2008 sleepless and boy what a lifestyle he and his missus had. Anyway its gone September 2016 and he still walks the streets, now there must be a clue in there somewhere.

But he has pleaded guilty. Albeit it appears negotiable.
    It now revolves around the cost of accommodating this scum bag, in HM Prison, at cost to all of tax payers, whilst subsidising and supporting the family of this vermin, whilst he served his time. It isn't going to happen! The victims were not 'The State', so, they are expendable - once the Legal Vultures have drained the available free cash, from the tank, then, the Judges have to minimise the damage to the State. My goodness, we are led to believe in justice. It really is nothing more than a legalised mugging, with the State applauding the situation.
    Can you wonder why the criminal fraternity across Europe, prefer the UK to anywhere else?
    Believe me, when I contemplate our Capitol with those who surround our 'Head of State' and the fact that our Parliament is in the same locality, I really do despair of this land of ours, which has lost control of its Heart. It doesn't need a Wizard, to predict what is necessary save our Island from destruction within.
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 4th Nov 16, 8:58 AM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    In court again yesterday sleepless

Reason for calling CJSWR

Adjourned Diet for Sentence

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/misc-crime-list/31-october-2016.pdf?sfvrsn=8

CJSWR

http://www.gov.scot/resource/doc/925/0110144.pdf

Some several hundred victims waiting for justice sleepless.
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 5th Nov 16, 10:58 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    There is no answer to corruption, where it is the norm
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 7th Nov 16, 9:14 AM
    • 3,215 Posts
    • 857 Thanks
    wantanswers
    There is no answer to corruption, where it is the norm
    Wonder if he gets shredded sleepless.

http://stephenfarley.co.uk/glossary/royal-bank-of-scotland/
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 13th Nov 16, 8:49 PM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 272 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    If the RBS had any sense, they would not have engaged this raving & dangerous lunatic. He has the potential to cause severe financial harm to the bank - at great cost to extricate themselves. Wait and see!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,262Posts Today

7,053Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin