Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1096
    • sean-mac1
    • By sean-mac1 19th Aug 16, 2:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sean-mac1
    Late Payers
    Is anyone able to let me know what the latest info is as regards so called 'Late Payers'
    • karie
    • By karie 9th Sep 16, 10:22 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 212 Thanks
    karie
    I received this update around beginning of August:

The primary delay now relates to the identification of cheque deposits. Following this process the method of distributing the Trust Monies needs to be agreed with the Representativeís solicitors and ratified by the Court. The Joint Liquidators continue to complete this process as quickly as possible.
    • Grey Rook
    • By Grey Rook 14th Sep 16, 10:02 PM
    • 900 Posts
    • 670 Thanks
    Grey Rook
    'as quickly as possible' is Liquidator speak for, 'we'll spin it out until the money runs out.'
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 14th Sep 16, 11:03 PM
    • 1,502 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    The 'un-written code' between 'Liquidmisers & their Regulars!'
    We nearly all, were taken in by the pretence that nobody knew the state of CCE Ltd finances - before the 'plug was pulled' on their operation. You may recall that the Flying Bedstead had previous dealings with some of the Liquidmiser personnel, of old. I suggest, this time, The Flying Bedsteads 'Swan Song' was crafted in conjunction with those same personnel - especially keen to impress their new American bosses. I suggest some 'razor sharp accounting' knew exactly how much money remained in the CCE Ltd coffers, because, the only criteria was meeting the £2M the Liquidmisers demanded. Well ahead of the 'cease trading date', CCE Ltd knew they were insolvent, but, they were determined to plunder the last penny, without jeopardising the Liquidmisers fees. That is what I call 'Sharp Practice'.
    Looking back on this sorry saga. There is nothing of merit to record. The most unlikely people behaving like a Punch & Judy Show, prepared to 'rip-off' their fellow victims.
    Of course, I acknowledge the 'real work' conducted by Chief Inspector Bean & his Team. It almost strangles me to supress my contempt for the Liquidmisers.
    So, we contemplate the final outcome of those who are used to manipulating ordinary folk, to their own advantage, whilst making them pay the legal fees for the priveledge of being 'ripped-off' a second time! 13,000 people, subjected to approximately 5 years of apprehension, which they could well have done without. Sadistic, is too kind a description.
    We must not forget the 'up-front' winners of the whole charade. The Flying Bedsteads team. They all walked away with smile on their faces - for a job well orchestrated. Bless them for returning money to fellow Cornish, well ahead of contract date. Nothing wrong with that, is there? Bloated with every entitlement that was going - except, they must have wondered why the 'Boss insisted on returning money to Cornish residents' ahead of contract date.
    Meanwhile, these same cookies, were asking us plebs to buy 'contracts that had been cancelled - at knock down prices!'
    At this juncture, I ask you to consider the same scenario. In my view, at this time, the whole system was rotton to the core.
    • Glen Clark
    • By Glen Clark 20th Sep 16, 9:04 AM
    • 3,312 Posts
    • 2,393 Thanks
    Glen Clark
    Peter Benstead had a long history of getting away with bankruptcies. So its not surprising he felt he could get away with this one like all the others. Chief Inspector Bean and his team got him this time.
    The real shame is they weren't on to him much earlier, long before he started Crown Currency. Then all this and a lot more misery would have been avoided.
    The Council Tax on a 3 bed semi is higher than Buckingham Palace
    • Cardew
    • By Cardew 20th Sep 16, 10:45 PM
    • 25,751 Posts
    • 12,350 Thanks
    Cardew
    CI Bean still has a lot of work to do to trace the missing money. Let us hope that when the members of the Benstead clan are released from prison, they will be hounded by the police.

What a family! I wonder what the grandchildren will think when they find out about the family history!
    • wantanswers
    • By wantanswers 22nd Sep 16, 4:29 PM
    • 3,194 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    wantanswers
    Well Grey Rook....

Our man finally sees the light......bye.

Company director tricked investors into £18m fraud

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/company-director-tricked-investors-into-18m-fraud-xhq7d8gdr
    • sleeplessnight
    • By sleeplessnight 27th Sep 16, 10:35 PM
    • 1,502 Posts
    • 271 Thanks
    sleeplessnight
    Peter Benstead had a long history of getting away with bankruptcies. So its not surprising he felt he could get away with this one like all the others. Chief Inspector Bean and his team got him this time.
    The real shame is they weren't on to him much earlier, long before he started Crown Currency. Then all this and a lot more misery would have been avoided.
    Originally posted by Glen Clark
    That 'long history' created a team of thieves, only too pleased to engage in the next 'scam'. The 'Finale' was beautifully executed.
    Even those 'appointed' to handle the insolvency - (yet again)- were able to make substantial capital out of the disposal of company assets. That residual amount of money (£2 Million) say's it all.
    Meanwhile, the snakes who manipulated their web site customers, into parting with their savings, walked 'Scott Free' - bloated with benefits they did not deserve. Is there nobody prepared to admit this team of scheming thieves, actually existed?
    Do you really believe 'The Team' would have carried-on, until the last purchase was made, if there was the prospect of them not being paid?
    Think about it. The real thieves are still walking around. If you believe the geriatric - 'annointed with blame' should be in prison, then, so should the seniors in Barcalys Bank, from the branch he dealt with. They were warned from within. He was simply 'Mr Gullibilty', and, expendable.
    Villains exist in all sorts of situations. Do not believe this insolvency was free of corruption.
    • harz99
    • By harz99 28th Sep 16, 7:50 AM
    • 2,119 Posts
    • 1,746 Thanks
    harz99
    I'm just waiting for the outcomes of the next two trials of EJ and one other. Hopefully more justice doled out just in time for Christmas in jail.

My money is long gone and never coming back, but seeing them get their deserts is at least some consolation.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,338Posts Today

7,213Users online

Martin's Twitter