Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    artystix
    Student Finance Overpayment
    • 1st Nov 10, 7:55 AM
    Student Finance Overpayment 1st Nov 10 at 7:55 AM
    My daughter attended Aberystwyth Uni, doing Psychology last year, her 1st yr.
    She completed the first year and passed all the 1st yr exams.

However she decided she did not want to continue with the course. And wanted a total change.

she applied and got a place at Harper Adams Uni doing Rural Enterprise.

She informed all the correct people, got transfer forms, contacted Student Finance and told them!
    She is on full loan and has highest level of maintenance grant possible, due to family finances.

She worked all summer as a waitress. To keep herself afloat.

She was told by student Finance thay she did not qualify for the summer payment so did not recieve it.

Friday she recieved a letter from student finance saying they had overpaid her by 600+ (i cant remember exact amount)

It states they have written to her previously asking for the money, but we've had no other letters.

where does she stand with this?

in our experience of student finance they dont know anything about anything!

Anyone else had this problem and how was it solved

i have told her to phone them, but she cant while at uni as it will take all her mobile phone minutes!
    First win 14/12 Playtex bra & Knickers!!!!
    won Rimmel Foundation 08/02
    Environmental Justice Foundation T-Shirt 11/02
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

396Posts Today

1,904Users online

Martin's Twitter