Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    kingsGambit
    0 WOW
    Cheapest place to get Vita-Mix Blender
    • 31st Oct 10, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Cheapest place to get Vita-Mix Blender 31st Oct 10 at 6:38 PM
    I'm after a vitamix TNC at the cheapest price. I'm aware that you can purchase one for a discount at costco and various food/trade shows across the country, but unfortunately my nearest costco doesn't have it and there isn't a show up in NE scotland any time soon. From checking online it seems my options are rather limited to the following:

1. It's priced at £429 on the vitamix website but P&P is extra (£40) (although there are internet codes which will forego P&P from affiliate companies).

2. John Lewis sell the 010231 model, which is the same as the TNC model at £429.

And that's it! I can't do better than £429. Anyone know how I can get it cheaper?

(As a side, anyone know if I can get the 5200 model with full 7yr warranty in the UK?)
Page 2
    • consultant31
    • By consultant31 25th Jun 16, 9:03 AM
    • 4,723 Posts
    • 14,390 Thanks
    consultant31
    Bumping as I have a yearning for one ...... Any good offers around ?
    Originally posted by Fairenuff
    It's the season of Agricultural and other types of shows up and down the country.

The prices of the Vitamix are rarely discounted, but you do get lots of add-ons...extra jug (worth over £100), various recipe books and the like. It's well worth a look if you have a show in your county.

For anyone interested, the Great Yorkshire Show is in Harrogate early next month and they have a cracking Vitamix stand. I spend an hour there watching the demos every year
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
    • Deb0402
    • By Deb0402 3rd Sep 16, 9:23 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Deb0402
    Hi I bought a reconditioned Vitamix from John Lewis for £299.99. I am not sure if they are still selling them but it is worth checking. Another make that is almost as good (and half the price) is an Omniblend. They can be picked up for around £200 and do everything that a Vitamix does.
    • JenJaque
    • By JenJaque 17th Dec 16, 10:06 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JenJaque
    Buy a blender with bigger jar for smoothies aside from considering its spinning blades. One of its benefits is to get the thick liquid down and mix them thoroughly.
    • imho
    • By imho 25th Dec 16, 2:38 PM
    • 2,439 Posts
    • 1,592 Thanks
    imho
    Lakeland has a sale on and Vitamix is about £50 off two different ones so still expensive

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/brands/vitamix
    • ScarlettKitsune
    • By ScarlettKitsune 10th Feb 17, 11:18 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    ScarlettKitsune
    *bump*

I've been looking for a cost friendly vitamix. The cheapest I've found so far is the John Lewis refurbished models for £350.

Does anyone know of any cheaper ones kicking about?
    • A.Penny.Saved
    • By A.Penny.Saved 11th Feb 17, 3:26 PM
    • 1,595 Posts
    • 843 Thanks
    A.Penny.Saved
    Hi I bought a reconditioned Vitamix from John Lewis for £299.99. I am not sure if they are still selling them but it is worth checking. Another make that is almost as good (and half the price) is an Omniblend. They can be picked up for around £200 and do everything that a Vitamix does.
    Originally posted by Deb0402
    Read the reviews of them.......they get slated for reliability and are no where near as good as Vitamix or Optimum. Omniblend is cheap Chinese rubbish.
    • consultant31
    • By consultant31 26th Feb 17, 5:11 PM
    • 4,723 Posts
    • 14,390 Thanks
    consultant31
    *bump*

I've been looking for a cost friendly vitamix. The cheapest I've found so far is the John Lewis refurbished models for £350.

Does anyone know of any cheaper ones kicking about?
    Originally posted by ScarlettKitsune
    I've always believed that you get what you pay for. In my honest opinion, the Vitamix is worth every penny of its cost, especially when you consider how long they last.
    The guarantee is generally around 7 years (though I see that this refurb model is 5 years) but they seem to last much longer than that. I've heard of people having them for 20 years.....that certainly wouldn't be the case for many other manufacturers.
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
    • mycleverbunnies
    • By mycleverbunnies 3rd May 17, 1:38 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    mycleverbunnies
    I bought a Nutrimaster in Sept 2015 from ideal world.It has all the abilities of a vitamix with a 2hp motor.My daughter saw how much I loved mine and bought one too.I use it everyday more than once.I've made soup,smoothies,hummus,guacamole,gluten free flours,vegan cheese sauce,tomato based sauce, gluten free pizza dough,nut milks etc.I have coeliac & lactose intolerance so it's amazing for me and saved so much money.We both paid £159.99 for ours in 4 monthly instalments.I bought it after watching a presentation on it.I can say with absolute certainty that I have never regretted the purchase & neither has my daughter.We actually tell our machines that we love them! I had an issue a month ago where the blades came loose in the jug .Customer service with nutrimaster is the best and a replacement machine(not
    just jug!) was couriered to me.
    It has made anything I've wanted with regards to my dietary requirements.
    • TinaGutierrez
    • By TinaGutierrez 11th Sep 17, 12:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    TinaGutierrez
    Re: Cheapest place to get Vita-Mix Blender
    Regardless of the reason you decided to purchase a Vitamix 5200, the reality is that buying a Vitamix is not cheap, in-fact, it's practically an investment of a small fortune!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,312Posts Today

6,018Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin