Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stclair
    • By stclair 21st Oct 10, 9:32 PM
    • 6,220Posts
    • 3,335Thanks
    stclair
    What Time Does The Banks Systems Update
    • 21st Oct 10, 9:32 PM
    What Time Does The Banks Systems Update 21st Oct 10 at 9:32 PM
    I just wondered if anyone could shed any light at what times banks systems update for BACS credits etc.

I know Natwest/RBS is at about 02.30am in the morning Monday - Friday

What about the other banks?
    Last edited by stclair; 21-10-2010 at 9:48 PM.
    I Work For the RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
Page 1
  • iereboy
    • 21st Oct 10, 9:42 PM
    • 21st Oct 10, 9:42 PM
    LLoyds between 11:45pm - 12:15 am for credits in the week day.

For Monday's credits, it happens on a Sunday between 12 midday -2pm
  • Mark_In_Hampshire
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:05 AM
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:05 AM
    Halifax - instant for faster payments (available balance and statement transaction online) - other types of credits used to change at 04:00 or thereabouts, but it's been a while since I've had occasion to log in at that sort of hour to see it, or at bang on 09:00 when the online banking thing seems to break down altogether for a few minutes while the database updates and thousands of people all try to log in simultaneously.
    • Mrs_Ryan
    • By Mrs_Ryan 22nd Oct 10, 1:29 AM
    • 9,153 Posts
    • 16,221 Thanks
    Mrs_Ryan
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:29 AM
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:29 AM
    Santander seems to be at 11pm the day before the credit is due - for example, OH gets paid weekly each Friday. However, upon logging in at 11.30pm last night his money was in and was able to use his card online. A&L used to be anytime between 1am and 3am so this is a definite improvement - about the one thing Santander managed to get right
    'Goodbyes are not forever, goodbyes are not the end, it simply means I'll miss you, until we meet again' Proud to have been a sponsor to an amazing guy who I will miss a lot!!
    Will always miss you Elle and will never forget you, brightest star in the sky xx
    • simax
    • By simax 22nd Oct 10, 8:46 AM
    • 1,754 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    simax
    • 22nd Oct 10, 8:46 AM
    • 22nd Oct 10, 8:46 AM
    Also, on Santander, BACS credits due on a Monday get credited at approx 4pm on the day before.
    I say it as it is - you may not like that but what would you prefer? A string of false platitudes that are no help whatsoever just to make you feel better? If my advice has helped, please press the Thanks button over here ----------------V. Cheers
  • Lulee36
    • 22nd Oct 10, 11:41 AM
    • 22nd Oct 10, 11:41 AM
    does anyone know when Barclays updates im thinking of switching from Lloyds
  • Fedz
    • 22nd Oct 10, 12:37 PM
    • 22nd Oct 10, 12:37 PM
    Nationwide & Co-op are 1am from what I've noticed
    Proudly Banking & Saving With:
    The Co-operative Bank.
    Castle & Minster Credit Union.
    Yorkshire Building Society.
  • NinaS
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:28 PM
    BACS Payments
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:28 PM
    Hi

I have recently started a new job where I get paid by BACS into my Lloyds TSB account .

My date this month falls on Sunday 24th October - Does anyone know when the money is likely to appear in my account?

I hoped it would be today, but no such luck!

Thanks
  • Lulee36
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:33 PM
    • 22nd Oct 10, 1:33 PM
    Hi

I have recently started a new job where I get paid by BACS into my Lloyds TSB account .

My date this month falls on Sunday 24th October - Does anyone know when the money is likely to appear in my account?

I hoped it would be today, but no such luck!

Thanks
    Originally posted by NinaS

Im with Lloyds usually if my payday falls on a weekend its in the bank the friday before , if it falls on the monday its usally available Sunday afternoon.

Maybe your new employer will pay them for Mondays banking day ?
  • NinaS
    Im with Lloyds usually if my payday falls on a weekend its in the bank the friday before , if it falls on the monday its usally available Sunday afternoon.

Maybe your new employer will pay them for Mondays banking day ?
    Originally posted by Lulee36
    Hi,

Thanks for replying. My payday falls on the 24th of each month and this is the first time it has landed on a weekend.

I hoped it would be in today, but I have checked and it's not in my bank.

I am assuming they have it set up to be paid at the same time each month, but I am there only employee and so they are not sure whether I will get it on saturday or monday.

For previous employers, if my payday has fallen on a weekend, then I have always been paid on the Friday before, so fingers crossed it will be in there tomorrow!

Thanks

Nina
    • stclair
    • By stclair 22nd Oct 10, 7:21 PM
    • 6,220 Posts
    • 3,335 Thanks
    stclair
    Does anyone have any idea what time barclays systems updates?
    I Work For the RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • Mikeyorks
    but I am there only employee and so they are not sure whether I will get it on saturday or monday.
    Originally posted by NinaS
    Most salaries are paid via BACS Direct Credit - almost inevitable they will credit on the preceding working day if the employer has a target date that hits a weekend. As BACS directly control the end to end process.

But if you're the sole employee .... likely it's a DIY job from your employer and direct to your account from theirs? So if they just initiate the BACS say 3 days prior the 24th? Then it could well be the 26th before you see it this month? I would have a word and ask them to initiate the credit with due regard to weekends / Bank holidays.
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • vinh1000
    halifax tends to update at 2am in my experience
    barclays 12am-2am typically in my experience
  • mgplym
    Halifax
    I am with Halifax and my account updates at 3.30am
    • jamespir
    • By jamespir 29th Nov 11, 3:02 AM
    • 18,729 Posts
    • 19,767 Thanks
    jamespir
    barclays usally updates about 1215 am
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 29th Nov 11, 4:02 AM
    • 2,962 Posts
    • 895 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    Very True

I know when I start a new job or change bank details etc, I like to check that the 1st credit has gone in ok. I found NatWest/RBS were the best for showing up credits.

Youll be surprise actually at the amount of people that ask the question.
    Originally posted by stclair
    • Bosie
    • By Bosie 29th Nov 11, 7:11 AM
    • 1,217 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    Bosie
    When my main bank was with Yorkshire Bank I would have Carer's allowance due on a Monday, but if I logged on just before midnight on the Friday it was in.
  • RobEssex
    Also, on Santander, BACS credits due on a Monday get credited at approx 4pm on the day before.
    Originally posted by simax
    Is this true?
    • bengal-stripe
    • By bengal-stripe 19th Feb 12, 7:33 PM
    • 3,017 Posts
    • 1,898 Thanks
    bengal-stripe
    Originally posted by simax
    Is this true?
    Originally posted by RobEssex
    I don't think this is the case any longer.

A few years ago, Santander (or Abbey) used to update the Monday transactions on Sunday between 3 and 4 pm. But that got shifted further back and now takes place between 10 and 11 pm on Sunday.

I am expecting a regular payment on Mondays, when I log-in at 11 pm it has (virtually) always been credited by then.
    • property.advert
    • By property.advert 20th Feb 12, 3:20 AM
    • 4,040 Posts
    • 2,158 Thanks
    property.advert
    I don't think there is a set time these days. I know I am often online when Nationwide figures update and the times are not set in stone. Neither is there a pattern I can ascertain.

I guess technology allows them to process things faster but I have noticed that some items such as child benefit can actually come in on a Sunday afternoon !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,394Posts Today

4,628Users online

Martin's Twitter