Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • Stigy
    • By Stigy 18th Oct 10, 10:04 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 603 Thanks
    Stigy
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:04 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:04 PM
    I'm buying this car but the number plate doesn't appear when I check in the DVLA database. I'm buying from a Ford dealer so should be legit but it's getting me a bit worried. Are there any genuine reasons why it wouldn't be in there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Can't post link but reg is GF59 UZO
    Originally posted by richgw
    Not wanting to tell you how to suck eggs, but are you sure the Reg is correct? Is it a Ford?
  • geordie_taxi
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:13 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:13 PM
    Why not just phone up the DVLA and ask them about the car or ask the garage and see what they say.
  • richgw
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:15 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:15 PM
    Yes sure it's right. Tried numerous times. It's a ford focus from dagenham motors. Tried to post a link to picture but wouldn't let me.

Iterestingly if I put it in moneysupermarket for an insurance quote it finds it.
    • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    • By atrixblue.-MFR-. 18th Oct 10, 10:17 PM
    • 6,406 Posts
    • 4,431 Thanks
    atrixblue.-MFR-.
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:17 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:17 PM
    GF59 UZO is insured but the vehicle in question is listed as OTHER? i would check the log book against the vehicles VIN under the bonnet? if the vehicle was out of sort from a description to insurers then it wouldnt get insured surely? if you have doubts over the vehicle then get an rac or AA inspection done on it at the forecourt £120+ though so make sure your really interested in buying it before splashing cash out. all dealers wont mind this inspection if he starts asking why and oh i dont think necessary then leave it.
    Last edited by atrixblue.-MFR-.; 18-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
    I make spelling mistakes, its not intentional, its a condition I have please afford people who have these conditions some respect and not single out their posts for correcting mistakes.
    • Stigy
    • By Stigy 18th Oct 10, 10:18 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 603 Thanks
    Stigy
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:18 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:18 PM
    Yes sure it's right. Tried numerous times. It's a ford focus from dagenham motors. Tried to post a link to picture but wouldn't let me.

Iterestingly if I put it in moneysupermarket for an insurance quote it finds it.
    Originally posted by richgw
    I tried the reg too, and you are correct.

If it's from a dealer I'd imagine it's legit, but I agree with Geordie_Taxi (surprisingly ), in that calling the Ford dealer would be worthwhile and see what they say!
  • geordie_taxi
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:22 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:22 PM
    but I agree with Geordie_Taxi (surprisingly )
    Originally posted by Stigy
    Rofl mite have to use that as my new signature
  • scbk
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:34 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:34 PM
    Someone probably made a mistake when registering it, entering the make/model

It is listed on the ford etis site though, it's a focus 1.6 100ps built in Germany
    • Stigy
    • By Stigy 18th Oct 10, 10:41 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 603 Thanks
    Stigy
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:41 PM
    • 18th Oct 10, 10:41 PM
    Rofl mite have to use that as my new signature
    Originally posted by geordie_taxi
    Plaese do, quoting me does no end of good to my ego!
    • smjxm09
    • By smjxm09 19th Oct 10, 6:11 AM
    • 437 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    smjxm09
    Car is registered on the Ford Etis website.

Focus 2008- C307, 1.6L Duratec 16V PFI (100PS) Sigma, Moondust Silver (Metallic)
    Build date 06.10.2009
    Registration date 26 10 2009
  • richgw
    Thanks for your help guys. Those details stack up with the car. I'm getting an independent check done so we'll see what they say.
    • wendyrobson
    • By wendyrobson 19th Oct 10, 7:33 AM
    • 113 Posts
    • 48 Thanks
    wendyrobson
    car not showing dvla
    I bought a Ford Focus (British spec) in Belgium - imported it to UK and registered it here. Whenever I search for insurance quotes using reg no. it can't be found on dvla site and i have to input vehicle details. So perhaps this is an import....... just a thought
    • Lirin
    • By Lirin 19th Oct 10, 8:20 AM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 7,055 Thanks
    Lirin
    My v6 doesn't show on the DVLA, Motor Insurers, and ANPR. It's ex-Police and an import.... Causes a slight hassle on the mainland, never been stopped in NI yet! Is fully legal as well.
    • harveybobbles
    • By harveybobbles 19th Oct 10, 8:44 AM
    • 8,757 Posts
    • 4,019 Thanks
    harveybobbles
    If its not showing on the DVLa site then there is a chance it could have been on a private plate and it's waiting for it all to be logged back on as GF59 UZO
  • richgw
    If its not showing on the DVLa site then there is a chance it could have been on a private plate and it's waiting for it all to be logged back on as GF59 UZO
    Originally posted by harveybobbles
    Got it in one! Just rang the dealer and asked if it had had a plate change and it did used to have a private plate. That plate is still registered with the DVLA as the Focus.

Thanks again everyone. I can stop worrying now!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,724Posts Today

6,392Users online

Martin's Twitter