Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • geordie_ben
    • By geordie_ben 17th Oct 10, 1:23 PM
    • 3,065Posts
    • 9,032Thanks
    geordie_ben
    0 WOW
    Free Theatre & Concerts Tickets - Discussion Area
    • 17th Oct 10, 1:23 PM
    0 WOW
    Free Theatre & Concerts Tickets - Discussion Area 17th Oct 10 at 1:23 PM
    Please use this thread to chat about the free theatre ticket offers which can be found here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=37596830#post37596830

Please note that swapping of tickets should not be posted as it is against the site rules to exchange personal details. See here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=3477024&postcount=20

If you obtained your tickets via seefilmfirst, you should email them so they can re-allocate your tickets.

Quote:
    If by change you cannot make it to a screening, we can give your ticket to someone else. Please let us know by e-mail on icantgo@seefilmfirst.com
    Last edited by geordie_ben; 18-10-2010 at 8:17 AM.
    Remember, remember, REMEMBER cashback and discount codes!
    Officially Debt Free as of 25/03/11
Page 21
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 10th Nov 15, 9:26 PM
    • 528 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    General Grant
    I've followed instructions on the ticket about collecting earlier than 30 minutes before the show starts and had the venue tell me to come back later (when I tried to collect an hour and then 35 minutes before the start). They refused to print any tickets until 30 minutes before the show was due to start.
    • myrrh
    • By myrrh 31st Jan 16, 4:57 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 8,648 Thanks
    myrrh
    Carnival Dreams: The Musical in Croydon Thu/Fri
    We have a few complimentary tickets to Carnival Dreams: The Musical starring Cheryl Fergison (East Enders) in Croydon on Thursday next week.
    It's Carnival time in Argentina and a small community dance group are preparing for the annual Samba competition.

Whilst fighting his own inner demons, former dance champion Andre tries to instill a passion to succeed but senior dance tutor Jose's bullying and bigotry does little to raise morale. Jose is consumed with contempt for the people who surround him. A bible-quoting misogynist who physically and mentally abuses his wife Teresa, Jose delights in trying to humiliate the flamboyantly camp drag queen Carmen and is determined to quash the growing romance between his daughter Cristina and Duarte, whose only crime is the colour of his skin. When the embittered Maria persuades Teresa and Cristina to escape Jose's clutches, a heart-wrenching tragedy unfolds. Can the dance troupe survive and win against this adversity?

This new musical, written by Norman Mark with hauntingly original music by Robert Orledge and directed by Andrew Lynford, will make you laugh and cry, it will shock and inspire.

Suitable for Ages 12+

Show is at 7.30pm, applicants must collect tickets before 7.00pm

For more information and to download tickets: http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/624945

There is a small admin charge for these tickets.

This is invited guests only
    • jonty03
    • By jonty03 8th Feb 16, 8:02 PM
    • 683 Posts
    • 10,583 Thanks
    jonty03
    Apologies if already posted somewhere but received an email today from SFF - it look as as though they are going to charge £1 per ticket admin fee for concert/show tickets. It says it's non-refundable but not sure what happens if you get there and all tickets have already been allocated!

We get occasional complimentary tickets for shows, concerts and other events which have proved extremely popular.

There are many reasons for getting tickets - from bulk ticket cancellations, slow sales, or, as with film, the producers simply want to spread positive word of mouth about the show or the venue. Whatever the reason, it means more opportunities for you, ranging from musicals to magic shows, modern dance to mime, comedy to pop concerts. Admin Charge
    We’ve had so much positive feedback from our members on events to date that we are keen to develop more. However, resourcing this is expensive as we do not receive any fees for this service. Consequently, we are going to start charging an administration fee for such events - it will be minimal, usually £1 per ticket – and please note that this admin fee will not apply to FILM promotions.
    We hope that this will help you to enjoy more of what our cities have to offer. EAS offer remains the same – you will get priority notification, although admin charge will still apply.

We are very excited about being able to bring you these tickets, and looking to bringing new entertainment opportunities to our members.
    Last edited by jonty03; 09-02-2016 at 12:39 PM.
    • quoia
    • By quoia 24th Mar 16, 4:04 PM
    • 12,830 Posts
    • 140,063 Thanks
    quoia
    Apologies if already posted somewhere but received an email today from SFF - it look as as though they are going to charge £1 per ticket admin fee for concert/show tickets. It says it's non-refundable but not sure what happens if you get there and all tickets have already been allocated!

We get occasional complimentary tickets for shows, concerts and other events which have proved extremely popular.

There are many reasons for getting tickets - from bulk ticket cancellations, slow sales, or, as with film, the producers simply want to spread positive word of mouth about the show or the venue. Whatever the reason, it means more opportunities for you, ranging from musicals to magic shows, modern dance to mime, comedy to pop concerts. Admin Charge
    We’ve had so much positive feedback from our members on events to date that we are keen to develop more. However, resourcing this is expensive as we do not receive any fees for this service. Consequently, we are going to start charging an administration fee for such events - it will be minimal, usually £1 per ticket – and please note that this admin fee will not apply to FILM promotions.
    We hope that this will help you to enjoy more of what our cities have to offer. EAS offer remains the same – you will get priority notification, although admin charge will still apply.

We are very excited about being able to bring you these tickets, and looking to bringing new entertainment opportunities to our members.
    Originally posted by jonty03
    Just posted one on the "FREE" Theatre codes ...

...but moderator or board guide has moved it into a"NEW" thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5436140

titled

Free Theatre & Concert Tickets that incur small admin charges

on the

Freebies (Low Spend) FORUM

IF you want to be ALERTED to NEW POSTS then you need to SUBSCRIBE to it ...

... and (I GUESS?) post similar "ADMIN FEE" posts on the same thread

My post is for THE VAMPS on 25th & 26th March at the NEC GENTING ARENA
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•Ώ•)›
    ‹(•Ώ•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • General Grant
    • By General Grant 24th Mar 16, 4:22 PM
    • 528 Posts
    • 545 Thanks
    General Grant
    Regarding the fee payment -
    the Code Only thread mentions that payment has to be via PayPal.
    I wonder if it is worth adding that it doesn't have to be from a PayPal account: you can use your normal card account but PayPal process the payment.
    • CKsuper
    • By CKsuper 29th Mar 16, 9:41 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 91 Thanks
    CKsuper
    Just posted one on the "FREE" Theatre codes ...

...but moderator or board guide has moved it into a"NEW" thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5436140

titled

Free Theatre & Concert Tickets that incur small admin charges

on the

Freebies (Low Spend) FORUM

IF you want to be ALERTED to NEW POSTS then you need to SUBSCRIBE to it ...

... and (I GUESS?) post similar "ADMIN FEE" posts on the same thread

My post is for THE VAMPS on 25th & 26th March at the NEC GENTING ARENA
    Originally posted by quoia

The link doesn't seem to be working. I tried going directly to the freebies low spend page, but still can't find the new page. Can anyone advise?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 29th Mar 16, 9:45 AM
    • 11,584 Posts
    • 37,928 Thanks
    sarah1972
    The link doesn't seem to be working. I tried going directly to the freebies low spend page, but still can't find the new page. Can anyone advise?
    Originally posted by CKsuper
    They are all here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2106851

None on the low spend board as it was decided that they would stay on the main thread.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • quoia
    • By quoia 19th Jun 16, 2:52 PM
    • 12,830 Posts
    • 140,063 Thanks
    quoia
    We are pleased to have access to a few tickets to the amazing StoneFree Festival Sunday this week.
    There is an amazing line up and activities start in the O2 from 2pm – doors at 4.30pm – so SFF vouchers can be exchanged for allocated seating tickets from 2pm until 7pm on the day of performance.
    Sunday Rick Wakeman headlines and there is an amazing line up to support.
    Tickets are very limited and as ever this is in line with T&C and on basis that we get your feedback for the producers
    For more information and to download tickets for SUNDAY:
    http://www.showfilmfirst.com/pin/437479
    Originally posted by nsmacd1

Did anyone get tickets for this ?
    Is anybody going?

Only I'd really like to congratulate SFF on their "generous" "offer"

Sadly I was not able to get tickets due to their policy ...

This code was for use by invited guest list only

which I presume has BACKFIRED, given that even at this late hour (Sunday afternoon after 14:50 - main event starts in little more than an hour) there are still tickets available.

Here is me, BIG BIG FAN of ALL of the artists performing today, Rick Wakeman, ex-Genesis guitarist Steve Hackett, Marillion and Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here Symphonic Live) , all of which I've seen live before, and can't get any ......

.... even though I was prepared to spend most of the day and "loads" of dosh travelling the 150 miles from Derby to the O2 arena, and back again.

What was the point SFF?

Tickets to GIVE AWAY and you don't actually succeed in achieving this simple task !!!

GRRRRR!
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•Ώ•)›
    ‹(•Ώ•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S ω6.59 so far ..
    • Gizmo-macca
    • By Gizmo-macca 20th Jun 16, 8:44 AM
    • 74 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    Gizmo-macca
    I went , it wasn't all that but pretty epic in feel, a lot of it went on too long.
    • Daveswife
    • By Daveswife 23rd Jun 16, 8:58 AM
    • 301 Posts
    • 367 Thanks
    Daveswife
    Really pleased to see that SFF have started a partnership with Grand Opera House York. Don't mind paying £1 a ticket as it means they are less likely to be claimed and then wasted by 'chancers'.
    Blessed are the vegetarians.
    • jess444
    • By jess444 15th Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 3,171 Thanks
    jess444
    Hi, I have just got a voucher for tickets to see Bear Grylles Endeavour in the Liverpool Echo Arena tomorrow. £2 admin fee per ticket paid. Now noticed that I have to exchange voucher for tickets between 2pm and 4pm, but show doesn't start until 7.30. Anyone know whether it is usually possible to collect tickets closer to the show time as busy in the afternoon.
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 16th Oct 16, 3:21 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 3,466 Thanks
    Poochface
    Hi, I have just got a voucher for tickets to see Bear Grylles Endeavour in the Liverpool Echo Arena tomorrow. £2 admin fee per ticket paid. Now noticed that I have to exchange voucher for tickets between 2pm and 4pm, but show doesn't start until 7.30. Anyone know whether it is usually possible to collect tickets closer to the show time as busy in the afternoon.
    Originally posted by jess444
    It's tells you everything you need to know on your ticket..

SFF Vouchers can only be redeemed for tickets between 12 noon and 4pm. Ticket states the 'doors open time'. Show starts at 7.30pm
    These times are the only times available to validate SFF Vouchers – with no exceptions. If you cannot make these times, please do not take tickets
    • jess444
    • By jess444 18th Oct 16, 11:17 AM
    • 1,222 Posts
    • 3,171 Thanks
    jess444
    It's tells you everything you need to know on your ticket..

SFF Vouchers can only be redeemed for tickets between 12 noon and 4pm. Ticket states the 'doors open time'. Show starts at 7.30pm
    These times are the only times available to validate SFF Vouchers – with no exceptions. If you cannot make these times, please do not take tickets
    Originally posted by Poochface
    Thanks for your reply. I decided to cancel the tickets as unable to get the venue in the afternoon to redeem voucher.
    • Poochface
    • By Poochface 18th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 3,466 Thanks
    Poochface
    Thanks for your reply. I decided to cancel the tickets as unable to get the venue in the afternoon to redeem voucher.
    Originally posted by jess444
    Aww what a shame. Whilst I wouldn't have paid the full ticket price, it was well worth the £2 admin fee.
    • wildcath_20
    • By wildcath_20 20th Oct 16, 11:47 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    wildcath_20
    Hi

Does anyone have a code for bear grylls in Birmingham that they don't want as I have just booked 2 places and now a friend wants to come

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,082Posts Today

8,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: Tonight #MartinLewis looks into our family finances; Marriage tax allowance, student loans and child tax credit, 8pm on @ITV?

• Don't forget 8pm tonight ITV - should be a good show. As always my aim is to, in effect, pay you to watch #martinlewis money show

• RT @bbc5live: After midday, money-saving @MartinSLewis will be here to answer your financial questions ????https://t.co/UQMSd5TKbb https://t.?

• Follow Martin