IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Egdgebridge Law Firm Hurghada
Views: 7,478
# 1
mgsteveb
Old 14-10-2010, 1:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Egdgebridge Law Firm Hurghada

Here is a short Story about my Investment in Hurghada Egypt.

My original investment I was conned out of in 2008 over my 50% share of a 20 apartment project in Hurghada but that is another story. I managed to find a Lawyer through Property Community Forum called "Zeiad Yehia" from Edgebridge Law Firm; and an Agent called Peter Mitry; from Egypt-Real;, to help me recoup my investment.

"Zeiad Yehia" agreed to help me on a now win no fee basis as did Peter Mitry from "Egypt Real". Zeiad Yehia was a hard man to get hold of and months could pass by not being able to contact him by phone, text, email even facebook. If you type in Zeiad Yehia into google you will get at no 1 "Earth calling Zeiad Yehia are you out there" After nearly a year "Zeiad Yehia" contacted me saying he had a plan. I was to fly to Hurghada immediately and meet up with a local Lawyer Ibrahim he had instructed to Act on his behalf.

I flew to Hurghada, met Ibrahim and Peter Mitry from "Egypt-Real"; Ibrahim took me to Luxor to get copies of my original contract then back to Hurghada with Peter Mitry from Egypt-Real. I gave Ibrahim my POA to act for me. I then flew back to England glad that something was happening. However, once again Zeiad Yehia was impossible to contact. Some months later Zeiad Yehia did contact me. Apparently Ibrahim, the Lawyer he had instructed, used the Power of Attorney I had given him and decided to take the apartments for himself!

So I was back to square one. Once again Zeiad Yehia became impossible to get hold of, Peter Mitry from Egypt-Real; had no idea what was going on and I was totally gobsmacked as Ibrahim was now the third Lawyer in Hurghada to act on their own interests.

After months of emails and unanswered phone calls to Peter Mitry and Zeiad I finally had a response in May 2010. Zeiad Yehia had instructed a Lawyer called "Ezzat Othman El Sayem" who was starting to work for "Edgebridge Law Firm" to investigate Ibrahim. It was confirmed that Ibrahim had obtained the apartments for himself and I was asked to fly out to Hurghada to give Ezzat POA to act on my behalf to recoup my investment.

Ezzat Othman El Sayem did a great job, contacted the developers, and managed to secure 2 apartments for me from an impossible situation to just cover 75% of my investment and costs. Finally I had found an honest Lawyer. Or had I?

Read on

In June 2010, In the offices of Egypt-real and Edgebridge Law Firm, Hurghada I signed contracts for 2 apartments with Ezzat El Sayem and Peter Mitry Present. I also handed over 980 to Ezzat El Sayem for what he said was connection of Electricity for the developer. Despite many emails from myself and other advocates to Peter Mitry, Ezzat, Zeiad Yehia and the secretary Sam Grover of Edgebridge Law Firm I have still not received a copy of the contract or a reply from anyone from Edgebridge Law Firm.

I am confused, is standard practice for Edgebridge Law Firm and Egypt-real not to supply a copy of a contract or standard practice within the real estate industry in Hurghada. I am further confused as I signed 3 copies both in English and Arabic both on the same page in Peter Mirty’s presence. Yet when I asked Peter Mitry for a copy he said it has to be translated into Arabic, mmmm?

I am further confused as I made a point that included in the contract was that the builders were responsible for the finishing of the Stairs and Hall. I even showed it to Peter Mitry and read it out to him. However, 3 weeks after returning to England, Ezzat from Edgebridge Law firm contacted me through Facebook to ask for another 1500 for the finishing of the stairs and Electric from the hall to the apartments. I have researched costing's through property investment forums and I have been told that they have never heard of people being asked to pay for extra’s like the finishing of the stairs and more money for the installation of electric. Has anyone else been asked to pay for these extra charges who have bought property in Hurghada?

It appears that is is questionable if people ask for money in Hurghada to get prospective buyers to part with their money for extras such as connection of electric and water;. I have done my research and the maximum it should cost is 100 (Including add on's). Also the electric and stairs is included in the contract. If not then where does the request for added extras stop?

I queried these costs with Peter Mitry for the 980 cash I paid and for the extra I was being asked for the Stairs and Hall and why I have not received a copy of the contract. Peter Mitry has not replied to these questions and he has now decided to take a (as I have been told) side exit; from the agreement we had.

I also queried these costs with Ezzat from Edgebridge Law Firm. He sent a message through facebook threatening violence. Has anyone ever heard of a Lawyer contacting clients through facebook and threatening violence?

Ezzat also told me he has taken on the developers and my original opponents as clients! Em client confidentiality, conflict of interests. Do have no ethical Laws for Lawyers in Egypt?

I did however, have a long conversation with a couple who have been in Hurghada for 6 years. It is apparent that the money I was being asked to pay for Electric, stairs etc is typical in Hurghada to squeeze as much money out of people as they can. I am more upset as I trusted Peter Mitry and he just sat there and turned a blind eye when Ezzat Othman El Siam took 890 from me and further asked for 1500 for the finishing of the stairs;. I am even more upset that he saw the contract himself but when asked by friends of mine he lied and said it had to be translated. However, the general conversation was around trust. Hey I have no contract, tell me about it.

I still have not heard from Peter Mitry, Zeiad Yehia, Ezzat Othman El Sayem, Sam Grover or Edgebridge Law firm. I did email Sam Grover of Edgebridge Law firm for a breakdown of costs and / or an explanation. She said she would investigate but I have not heard from her since either!

My position is now Ezzat is asking for 1200 for registration fees. Come on is there anyone who is going to pay 1200 registration fee when they have no copy of a contract?

I would appreciate any advice if anyone knows anything about property in Hurghada, as I am reluctant to do anything without a copy of a contract.

If not then let this be a warning to anyone researching trusted companies to use if you are thinking of investing in Hurghada.

Zeiad Yehia and Ezzat El Sayem of Edgebridge Law Firm.

Last edited by mgsteveb; 12-09-2011 at 6:28 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Caroline_a
Old 14-10-2010, 2:34 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Never heard of a lawyer communicating via Facebook before! Apart from that, all outside my knowledge...
The Following User Says Thank You to Caroline_a For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
carefullycautious
Old 14-10-2010, 7:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

You are asking about giving more money to someone who has been threatening you?

THere is a saying ' A fool and his money are soon parted'

I know 900+ is a lot of money but you could have parted with thousands.

Hope you havent signed anything legally binding

Last edited by carefullycautious; 14-10-2010 at 7:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to carefullycautious For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
FraudBuster
Old 14-10-2010, 7:35 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Google is your friend with links back to this forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to FraudBuster For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
spirit
Old 19-10-2010, 8:02 PM

this forum http://www.propertyhotspotsworldwide.com/index.php will probably be able to help you. I've seen Mr P.M's name mentioned on there a few times OP.

Last edited by spirit; 19-10-2010 at 8:03 PM. Reason: spell
# 6
mgsteveb
Old 21-10-2010, 12:06 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi spirit. If you want to know about all the people who lost their money in Hurghada Egypt then you are right. Go to propertyhotspotsworldwide.com/showthread.php?t=4&page=409.

That page explains it all
# 7
EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM
Old 24-10-2010, 11:48 AM
PPR
MoneySaving Newbie

Dear All,

PLEASE READ.

Steve,

I have been informed about your internet posts against us and against Egypt Real. I am SHOCKED to say the least, and I completely fail to understand your motives. However, I will elucidate the facts here briefly:

I am a reputable solicitor with a long international reputation, who has successfully recovered a lot of property lost rights in Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada, secured and authenticated hundreds of transactions with success. I did and do my best to secure my clients' interests with genuine intentions. Now I find myself in a position to defend myself against your false accusations!

I will be very brief yet will mention everything. You came to me after you had other partners purchasing a number of properties jointly with you. You have the legal process done in a wrong way, and as a result you and your partners had a power of attorney entitling all of you, jointly or separately, to sell the apartments to yourselves or to third parties.

Your partners have sold all the apartments separately by virtue of the aforementioned power of attorney to a local construction company, and you lost all your legal rights as a result, in a 100% legal way that you cannot claim anything back because it was based on an official power of attorney.

You called me out on the internet, and mentioned that you have lost all your money and became broke, and mentioned that you have no money at all to pay for my services, let alone the fact that my services, or any lawyer's services at that point, was an impossible thing since you came to me after already losing everything LEGALLY.

I accepted your request, and felt genuinely desiring to help you for a couple of reasons; I genuinely wanted to help you in that situation because I felt it was extremely unfair, and I also wanted to add this case to my record, especially if I succeeded to do anything in this hopeless case, since I believed that any success would be really exceptional.

Since then, and just to clarify this IMPORTANT point to all readers, I have done everything on my own expense; legal costs, flights forth and back to Hurghada, paying money to different people for different services, local and international phone calls, and more that I am sure you know of.

You kept calling me on constant basis, and I told you very clearly that I will contact you in the event there was any progress, whilst my assistants were in constant communication with you via emails, which we have documented.

Eventually I called you, and was really happy to inform you that I have successfully recovered two of your lost apartments to you. You didn't care at the time HOW did I do that. All the apartments were already sold legally to a new owner, you got two of them back, all at my own expense without you paying a single penny, yet you were making internet posts at the time that I am not communicating with you properly and were affecting my business negatively while I deserved appreciation not the opposite.

You sent us an email (documented) and apologized a lot, mentioning that you appreciate the work pretty much, and that you are suffering emotional problems and used medications, but you apologized in private only, while your posts remained on the forum, still affecting my business negatively in an extreme unfair manner.

You kept pressing on me to recover more apartments, or else you will continue making more threads about me, and your text messages are still documented. It sounded like a blackmail but I honestly had much bigger issues of other people to think about, and didn't take you seriously, especially after you, and your ex have mentioned the mental therapy to us. I actually wanted to make you happy, really, more especially when you spoke to me on phone about your mother, and her status and feelings because of your huge loss.

I REALLY wanted to help you Steve, with all my heart! I kept denying that you are harming me, because I really wanted to do all what I can do to get you any more property, but I am a lawyer not a magician, although getting you two flats back when you had ZERO legal rights was some sort of magic, but you haven't even appreciated this.

Eventually I asked you to come to Egypt to sign your new contracts; these contracts that put you in the position of a new purchaser, stated that you have paid a huge amount of money to buy these properties, and made you a LEGITIMATE owner while we both know that you paid nothing but your flight ticket to Egypt.

After that you paid some little money, to the developer not to me or my associates, for electricity and water services, which had been connected to the apartments and you got a receipt. I have a copy by the way.
My legal team has started authenticating your recovered properties in court, still at our own expense. All what we asked for was GBP 600 per property!!!!!!! Provided that this would have NEVER been the figure we would ask for in such a case, but your entire situation was taken into consideration and we seriously wanted to only cover the costs. You, for some mysterious reason, believe that we shall not be paid, as if we work for free. Actually it IS for free since the figure we asked is extremely incomparable to the value of the properties we recovered. I got you these properties from NOTHING Steve. Do you understand what NOTHING means?! I asked you in return for GBP 600 / property! You refused to pay. My partner got very upset, and I don’t blame him, mentioning that we DESERVE fees for recovering the properties, and for authenticating them via court case we have done AT OUR EXPENSE! He was not happy with the GBP 600 per property, yet he accepted because I pressed on him, and I now feel really sorry that I did, and when you refused to pay even the figure we asked for, he said clearly that he is not going to deliver your contracts “which we created from NOTHING” until our costs at least are paid, and then we can consider our fees something we paid for charity! Do I make any sense?!

A few minutes ago before I write this reply you texted me mentioning that you are under mental health in the U.K and that you have lost everything. If you are in a self-destroy mood then PLEASE do not destroy my name too with your posts!!! This is me; the ONLY ONE since this disaster happened to you who actually helped, I got you a considerable amount of money back out of entirely nothing, and now whoever would search Google my firm’s name would find your posts in the first page! How fair does this sound?!
Eventually, the developer has asked you, not us not Egypt Real who actually did all what they could do to help you all the way, to pay GBP 1500 to build the stairs to your apartments, especially when they have bought these apartments with actual money from your ex partners, and EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM which you have publicly smeared has succeeded to take these properties away from them and give it to you without a single penny you have paid! They are demanding GBP 1500 to build the stairs, so you can be able to sell these properties via Egypt Real and get some cash back, but you also refused to pay this amount. However, this is YOUR problem, neither EDGEBRIDGE’s nor Egypt Real’s. You are dealing with the developer directly from now on.
Please be informed that I am not representing you any more, just as I just told you on a text message, and that I am taking legal actions on a criminal and civil bases to recover my reputation and my rights. I am not claiming financial compensation though, not because I do not deserve it but because I know you do not have money, and mostly because I DO NOT CARE about your money.
Regards,

Zeiad

PS: All the documents mentioned in the above post are in our possession, and we are ready to upload them to the internet and provide a link if need be.

Last edited by EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM; 24-10-2010 at 11:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
Doozergirl
Old 24-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM View Post
After that you paid some little money, to the developer not to me or my associates, for electricity and water services, which had been connected to the apartments and you got a receipt. I have a copy by the way.
My legal team has started authenticating your recovered properties in court, still at our own expense. All what we asked for was GBP 600 per property!!!!!!! Provided that this would have NEVER been the figure we would ask for in such a case, but your entire situation was taken into consideration and we seriously wanted to only cover the costs. You, for some mysterious reason, believe that we shall not be paid, as if we work for free. Actually it IS for free since the figure we asked is extremely incomparable to the value of the properties we recovered. I got you these properties from NOTHING Steve. Do you understand what NOTHING means?! I asked you in return for GBP 600 / property! You refused to pay. My partner got very upset, and I don’t blame him, mentioning that we DESERVE fees for recovering the properties, and for authenticating them via court case we have done AT OUR EXPENSE! He was not happy with the GBP 600 per property, yet he accepted because I pressed on him, and I now feel really sorry that I did, and when you refused to pay even the figure we asked for, he said clearly that he is not going to deliver your contracts “which we created from NOTHING” until our costs at least are paid, and then we can consider our fees something we paid for charity! Do I make any sense?!

A few minutes ago before I write this reply you texted me mentioning that you are under mental health in the U.K and that you have lost everything. If you are in a self-destroy mood then PLEASE do not destroy my name too with your posts!!! This is me; the ONLY ONE since this disaster happened to you who actually helped, I got you a considerable amount of money back out of entirely nothing, and now whoever would search Google my firm’s name would find your posts in the first page! How fair does this sound?!
Eventually, the developer has asked you, not us not Egypt Real who actually did all what they could do to help you all the way, to pay GBP 1500 to build the stairs to your apartments, especially when they have bought these apartments with actual money from your ex partners, and EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM which you have publicly smeared has succeeded to take these properties away from them and give it to you without a single penny you have paid! They are demanding GBP 1500 to build the stairs, so you can be able to sell these properties via Egypt Real and get some cash back, but you also refused to pay this amount. However, this is YOUR problem, neither EDGEBRIDGE’s nor Egypt Real’s. You are dealing with the developer directly from now on.
Please be informed that I am not representing you any more, just as I just told you on a text message, and that I am taking legal actions on a criminal and civil bases to recover my reputation and my rights. I am not claiming financial compensation though, not because I do not deserve it but because I know you do not have money, and mostly because I DO NOT CARE about your money.
Regards,

Zeiad

PS: All the documents mentioned in the above post are in our possession, and we are ready to upload them to the internet and provide a link if need be.
The only person ruining your reputation is you. Freak.

No genuine nor reputable lawyer would do what you just did.
everything that is supposed to be in heaven is alread here, on earth.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Doozergirl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM
Old 24-10-2010, 12:01 PM
PPR
MoneySaving Newbie

Excuse me? Did you read my post?! Please elaborate!
# 10
Emmzi
Old 24-10-2010, 12:03 PM

I'm having a twilight zone moment.

Plus, "i will be brief"? My @rse!
Debt free 4th April 2007.
New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emmzi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Emmzi
Old 24-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
lawyers respect client confidentialitty even when the client is being an @rse and would not have posted this way but rather gone offocially thorugh the web site moderators/ owners to seek a correction.

Bog off scammer. We've seen it all before and we don't really care.
Debt free 4th April 2007.
New house. Bigger mortgage. MFWB after I have my buffer cash in place.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emmzi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Doozergirl
Old 24-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I tried. most of it is nonsense.

In the UK solicitors don't discuss their client's business in public. If you were my solicitor I'd have the Regulators straight onto but you're not my solicitor and you're not in the UK. My solicitor probably wouldn't have much need to Google herself as she is a professional.

Go away please. Take your private business somewhere else and we'll leave this thread here for posterity just to show any potential clients what a complete lunatic you are.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Doozergirl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
925dancer
Old 24-10-2010, 12:07 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Regardless of what has and hasn't gone on, what lawyer responds on a public forum, as Emmzi has said, disclosing client sensitive information! The also dis-instructs said client on the public forum. Oh and communicating via text message? Very professional.

If you really are a reputable lawyer, you wouldn't be playing this out here but taking the correct and appropriate legal channels.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 925dancer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
FraudBuster
Old 24-10-2010, 1:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Caveat Emptor.

Due Diligence.
The Following User Says Thank You to FraudBuster For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
losgiganteskid
Old 24-10-2010, 2:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Think this thread is complete bumpkum !
# 16
Aberdeenangarse
Old 24-10-2010, 3:12 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doozergirl View Post
The only person ruining your reputation is you. Freak.

No genuine nor reputable lawyer would do what you just did.
+1

Sounds like EDGEBRIDGE LAW FIRM are a right bunch of tossers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aberdeenangarse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
mgsteveb
Old 24-10-2010, 4:05 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Here is my responce.

It still does not explain if Ezzat was my Lawyer why he has my opposition as clients. As my Lawyer he should look after my interests. Conflict of interests?
It still does not explain why I gave Ezzat 980 for electricity charges when I signed the contracts, why when I ask for a breakdown or explanation of this cost I do not get one.
It still does not explain why I have no copy of the contracts, even an unsigned one, where I can check the terms of the contract.
It still does not explain why Ezzat asked for 1500 "Though Facebook" for finishing of stairs? It is on the contract it is the builder’s responsibility.
It does not explain that even buildings can be sold "Off plan". So why ask for money to finish stairs when you can sell property without it being built yet as in Tiba Towers.
It still does not explain why after asking for an explanation of the 1500 charge for finishing stairs Ezzat sent me an email "through facebook” threatening violence, see www. s996.photobucket.com/albums/af88/mgsteveb/Edgebridge%20Law%20Firm%20Hurghada/

I have tried to contact Edgebridge Law firm through Zeiad, Ezzat, Peter and Sam Glover. I asked for an Explanation and she said she would get back to me that was 3 months ago.
I have even had an intermediary try to communicate and get answers to these questions. I have emailed and tried to contact all involved but came across silence apart from requests for 1200 for registration.
I would gladly pay the 1200 for registration but I have no copy of the contract. What guarantee would I get then for the registration?
I to Mr Zeiad have kept every email you have sent me. I have the "private and confidential" ones that prove that you did manage to secure a promise of 2 apartments a year ago but it was you, not I that advised that you wanted to go for all the apartments. Are you sure you want to go down this rout and publish your plans and what you wanted to do, you; not I.
I did say I would publish my story but not as blackmail. It is I who is being held to ransom. I should have a copy of the contract. Even an unsigned one. I have nothing. When you ask for more money and I ask for an explanation I get threatening messages from Ezzat on facebook.
I have every communication we have had. Zeiad AGREED to help on a no win no fee basis with the agreement if he was successful he would take one apartment as payment. Yes he did all his work without being paid but this was the agreement.
Zeiad makes it sound I am ungrateful but I have many emails of thanks and praise. It is easy to cherry pick the ones that suit your story.
Zeiad has also forgotten to mention the expense I have had flying to Egypt on fools errands in the hope of getting my money back. He has forgotten to mention he instructed a Lawyer called Ibrahim in Hurghada to act for him in my case in June 2009. That I flew out to Hurghada, met Ibrahim and travelled to Luxor to get copies of my original POA for the properties. That I gave Ibrahim my POA to act on my behalf. Zeiad has forgotten that Ibrahim then went on to claim the properties and sell them as his own. That I did not hear from Zeiad for ages.
Yes Zeiad did get his friend to sort out the problem but a problem that should not of happened in the first place.
So we come to posting on forums. It has been 3 months without a copy of the contract and answers to my questions. The only answer we get is please send 1200 for registration. Is there really anyone out there that would send over 1200 for registration when they do not have a contract? I did not want to post on the forums, I wanted to communicate and get an explanation.
However 3 months after asking these questions with no reply from Zeiad I did post on the forums my plight. And that is the only time I get a response from Zeiad who is supposed to be my Lawyer, acting on my behalf and contactable.
Yes I do understand I was in a bad legal situation, Yes I do understand Zeiad and Ezzat did a good job, yes I am grateful. Job well done.
However, I should be able to ask questions about why I am being asked for this money. I should receive an explanation. I should not be left in silence for 3 months and result in posting on forums to get my Lawyer to talk to me.
And now Zeiad posts about my “Mental Health”. Yes it has been stressful; yes it has taken a toll on my mental health. I have asked for nothing but an explanation and the truth, Why wait 3 months to tell me, why wait for me to post my story on the forum.
I have extended a hand of piece to Zeiad in the hope that we can be professional and draw a line under this. However, he has chosen once again not to communicate.
# 18
Homersimpson
Old 24-10-2010, 7:10 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Sucker wanted apply within!
# 19
mgsteveb
Old 25-10-2010, 7:22 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default :(

The Lawyer says he is Suing me now. In UK and Egypt. Well I don't have a penny to my name so good luck with that! Does anyone think I have a defence. He has written on here as well confidential client details of the case and personal detail of my Mental state of mind. How about a counter claim? Yes the whole disaster has lead to health problems. Anyone know a good free lawyer
# 20
Doozergirl
Old 25-10-2010, 7:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsteveb View Post
The Lawyer says he is Suing me now. In UK and Egypt. Well I don't have a penny to my name so good luck with that! Does anyone think I have a defence. He has written on here as well confidential client details of the case and personal detail of my Mental state of mind. How about a counter claim? Yes the whole disaster has lead to health problems. Anyone know a good free lawyer
As my solicitor once said to me. "There is no use trying to get blood out of a stone"

If you have no money then there is no point spending time and money trying to sue you for something you don't have. He's intimidating you for a reason; someone somewhere has taken you for a ride; I doubt he has any law on his side.