IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
UKCPS and winning in court
Closed Thread
Views: 7,923
# 21
anewman
Old 12-10-2010, 8:24 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I'd let the trolls post, in the end they only disprove their own points, the truth will out always. They only scare people who skim read and read the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
9.9.2 Charge offenders for the administrative costs of identifying and removing their posts at the rate of £40 per hour necessarily spent plus any external costs that we incur.

9.9.3 Take legal action to recover these costs.
And as PPC charges ARE legal (sarcasm), then these must also be legal and a court case would see UKCPS having to hand over the readies

Last edited by anewman; 12-10-2010 at 9:00 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anewman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 22
Petertit
Old 12-10-2010, 9:53 PM
PPR
MoneySaving Newbie

How naive you lot are. UKCPS has won more court cases than I have had hot dinners (and I have had a few of those). All ignore gets you is a big fat CCJ. Barely a week goes by without another legendary UKCPS court win.

We particularly like facing the "Eagles". Never lost against them yet
# 23
anewman
Old 12-10-2010, 9:55 PM

Have you thought of using names other than Peter to troll? Or would that be too obvious? Still unable to provide case numbers and any more than a list of 4 I see, which are probably bogus.

As yet no conclusive evidence of a single win by UKCPS, despite the claims of numerous.

Last edited by anewman; 12-10-2010 at 9:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to anewman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 24
dacouch
Old 12-10-2010, 9:56 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertit View Post
How naive you lot are. UKCPS has won more court cases than I have had hot dinners (and I have had a few of those). All ignore gets you is a big fat CCJ. Barely a week goes by without another legendary UKCPS court win.

Everyone beats Crystal Palace
The Following User Says Thank You to dacouch For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 25
dacouch
Old 12-10-2010, 9:57 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewman View Post
Have you thought of using names other than Peter to troll? Or would that be too obvious? Still unable to provide case numbers and any more than a list of 4 I see, which are probably bogus.
I think his choice of name is getting more accurate, he just needs to drop the peter from the current name
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dacouch For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 26
Kite2010
Old 12-10-2010, 10:11 PM

Quote:

Poor Peter unable to afford hot dinners because not enough people are fooling for his company's invoices anymore. I shall be sending you a penny, but forgetting to put a stamp on the envelope
The Following User Says Thank You to Kite2010 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 27
anewman
Old 12-10-2010, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite2010 View Post
Poor Peter unable to afford hot dinners because not enough people are fooling for his company's invoices anymore. I shall be sending you a penny, but forgetting to put a stamp on the envelope
Don't forget the "£60 Cheque for PCN enclosed" scrawled across the envelope
# 28
Petertit
Old 12-10-2010, 10:15 PM
PPR
MoneySaving Newbie

Go ahead and laugh. The laugh is on you. Here are some more cases:

ukcps/ McCarthy/Wigan
ukcps/Baines/Liverpool
ukcps/Sidwell/Birmingham
ukcps/Vaughan/Blackpool

What say you doubters now?
# 29
Kite2010
Old 12-10-2010, 10:17 PM

Prove it with proper court case numbers.

Oh wait, you can't do that because they don't exist as your making up random names and locations.

Last edited by Kite2010; 12-10-2010 at 10:20 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kite2010 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 30
anewman
Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Go ahead and laugh. The laugh is on you. Here are some more cases:

ukcps/ McCarthy/Wigan
ukcps/Baines/Liverpool
ukcps/Sidwell/Birmingham
ukcps/Vaughan/Blackpool
Any case numbers yet? The pointless posts do nothing other than to prove your only methods involve scare power. Still no conclusive wins for UKCPS.

I have some cases where UKCPS brought a case and lost.

ukcps/O'Reilly - Leeds
ukcps/Shelly - Huddersfield
ukcps/Cleveland - Sidcup
ukcps/Griffin - London
ukcps/Cameron - Birmingham
ukcps/Hamilton - Liverpool

See random names and places mean nothing. Cases above are fake, including peter's, unless they can be substantiated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anewman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 31
trisontana
Old 12-10-2010, 10:29 PM

Come on Peter, answer my question. How many appeals have the "ethical UKCPS" allowed when simple mistakes made by disabled drivers? I am sure you chums at Mobilise would like to know as well.
Ben Franklin may have discovered electricity – but it is the man who invented the meter who made the money
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 32
Driver8
Old 12-10-2010, 10:34 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:

Ahahahahah Your name sums you up altogether especially the last syllable.

Anyway perky of the pies this is what i stick on hundreds and hundreds of cars in supermarket car parks...........fnaar fnaar

PRIVATE PARKING TICKETS - DON'T PAY!
IT IS NOT A FINE! YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING ILLEGAL!

This is an information page for the thousands of people who receive "tickets" from private companies in the UK ever day at supermarkets, retail parks, and in any other privately-owned carpark.

We are NOT encouraging anybody to openly flout parking restrictions on private land, or to refuse to pay reasonable charges for parking. Landowners have a right to make reasonable charges for the use of their land.

For advice specific to your case, you should visit the forums at http://forums.pepipoo.com or http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...affic-offences.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

1. What you should know about these companies

It is important to remember that private parking companies (or PPCs as they are often called) have NO OFFICIAL POWERS - that's right, none at all! They give out their "tickets" on the basis that you have seen the signs in their car park and that you have therefore agreed to a contract obliging you to pay a certain sum of money.

2. What happens to people who don't pay?

In 99.9% of cases, absolutely NOTHING! The company pays the DVLA £2.50 to get your address, and then sends lots of threatening letters. In the main, these letters can be safely IGNORED. The only way the company can actually force you to pay is by taking you to the small claims court, which costs them even more money. And they are by no means guaranteed to win! And they practically never do.

The two main reasons for this (among others) are the following:

- Only the person DRIVING the car could ever have agreed to any such parking contract. The company can only get the Registered Keeper's address from the DVLA: you don't have to tell them who was driving.

-Many of these charges are so extortionately high that they constitute a penalty, which is unenforceable in a consumer contract.

3. Can they affect my credit rating?

NO! The only way your credit rating could be affected by ignoring private parking companies is if you were taken to court, lost, and then still refused to pay. But they will not take you to court.

IN SHORT

The vast majority of the time, you can safely IGNORE tickets from private parking companies, they are not official fines.

The vast majority of the time, you can safely IGNORE the threatening letters, including those from debt collection agencies.

You DO NOT have to pay a penny of your hard-earned money to these companies. Remember that the chances of being taken to court are very slim indeed.

DO NOT IGNORE COURT PAPERS!
If you receive real court papers from a private parking company (very rare) then you should go to http://forums.pepipoo.com or http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...affic-offences for help defending the claim. Do not be afraid to sign up and ask questions regarding any paperwork you are not sure about.

Don’t believe the above? Watch a solicitor on Watchdog advising you what to do with the scam invoices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

THEY ARE NOT FINES

Only the Police, Courts or Council’s can fine you. NOT a private company, please remember that.

It would be nice to know if someone posts on here as found one on their windscreen. usually Huddersfield and Morley.

Read it and weep perky.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Driver8 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 33
tyramhall
Old 12-10-2010, 10:57 PM
MoneySaving Convert

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ring-***/page5

just came across the above case and want to see what peoples thoughts are to it? Apologies now if its already been discussed. The overall feeling from it is that ignoring their letters is bad advice. This goes against everything i have been told
The Following User Says Thank You to tyramhall For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 34
pstuart
Old 12-10-2010, 11:22 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:

Why post this drivel?

Why don't you just quietly carry on taking people to court (lol as the kids say), surely its more profitable!

In the meantime find a large stone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pstuart For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 35
anewman
Old 12-10-2010, 11:25 PM

Besides, in the end, when they start taking cases to court, they will be recognised for what they are, and with the amount of court time being wasted by PPC's, a nice firm end will be put to their scams. Surprised it hasn't happened already TBH, clamping will see its end soon, PPC's will be next.

Last edited by anewman; 12-10-2010 at 11:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anewman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 36
landmark
Old 12-10-2010, 11:34 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Dealt with fairly and squarely, unlike the way 'they' deal with 'us'
If it moves; sue it!
The Following User Says Thank You to landmark For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 37
anewman
Old 12-10-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyramhall View Post
The overall feeling from it is that ignoring their letters is bad advice. This goes against everything i have been told
The reasons behind recommending to not contact are:

a) it may reveal you as being tlhe driver or be seen as an admission of guilt - this may go against you, and increase the probability of them bringing a court case if you can be identified. Remember, all the plastic parking officer saw and is likely to have taken a picture of is your car, and not you. They cannot prove you were driving, then we move to the registered keeper versus driver debate. Only the driver could have agreed to any contract, the registered keeper is merely the registered keeper. Anyone could have driven and the keeper is not obligated under law to reveal who was driving to a PPC (the case is different for instance where the Police request the information in NIPs).

b) it gets them all excited thinking you might cave in and they harass you all the more.

There have been some cases in the past where those who have had a claim attempt against them in court have told the judge they were advised not to respond to the letters, and the judge was happy with that, and the PPC lost.

Last edited by anewman; 12-10-2010 at 11:38 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anewman For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 38
pstuart
Old 12-10-2010, 11:36 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyramhall View Post
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ring-***/page5

just came across the above case and want to see what peoples thoughts are to it? Apologies now if its already been discussed. The overall feeling from it is that ignoring their letters is bad advice. This goes against everything i have been told
I don't think that you have read all of the consumer action group forums properly, particularly the comments on Trolls!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pstuart For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 39
king100
Old 13-10-2010, 9:41 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Just how thick

UKCPS website

Oh no I need to login to get access

http://ukcps.net/index.php

or you could just go here and get access

http://ukcps.net/contact.php

Why?
I all have learnt is from others on many sites.
Seek legal help if unsure.
Dont pay Private Parking tickets - they are mere invoices.

PRESS THANKS-------------}
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to king100 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 40
ripped off driver
Old 13-10-2010, 9:48 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

That website is hilarious:

"Are 'Parking Charges' legal?
Yes. Parking on private land without permission is tresspass, a Civil offence. It is legal to levy a parking charge which has been notified (by our signs) to motorists. By parking on land we patrol you enter into a contract as indicated by our signage. Motorists do have a legal right of appeal and the parking charge notice gives full details of this."

One minute it is tresspass (sic) and then it is contract. They don't even know the difference.

This from a company which has, according to its own propaganda, won court cases. Hmmm.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ripped off driver For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread