Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tristesse
    Mobility refused for autistic son - with a twist!
    • 4th Oct 10, 2:40 PM
    Mobility refused for autistic son - with a twist! 4th Oct 10 at 2:40 PM
    Hello

My son has been receiving HRC since February and when he was three I applied for the mobility aspect. I had been told that I would be notified in plenty of time about making this claim but this did not happen despite having a letter from them stating this would happen.

His autism is severe enough to qualify for HRM, I did check the criteria and case law before applying including the decision makers guide which is quite clear.

I applied in May shortly after his third birthday, we then moved house and I phoned several times because:

(i) I never received a letter saying that the application had been received. This was confirmed as a system error in a subsequent call.

(ii) I wanted to ensure that the correct new address was held for us. However I was told that the data protection policy said that they could not confirm which address was held even though I rang with my son's unique DLA number each time.

After 14 weeks I decided it was worth chasing up only to be told that the HRM had not been awarded and that a letter had been sent to me at the beginning of September

I didn't receive any such letter. Not to my "new" (been here over three months now) address and not to my old one because I have paid for my post to be redirected for a year with my son's medical needs in mind.

So goodness knows what is going on now. I know there is a time-frame with regard to revisions and appeals.

To be honest I didn't expect to get it on first application and was prepared to go through the normal legal process all the way to tribunal, but this catalogue of "errors" on their part has thrown me and has made me quite suspicious to be honest...

Help and advice very welcome
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,536Posts Today

6,291Users online

Martin's Twitter