Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • earwig
    • By earwig 4th Oct 06, 12:08 PM
    • 1,050Posts
    • 693Thanks
    earwig
    Is your heating ON or OFF?
    • 4th Oct 06, 12:08 PM
    Is your heating ON or OFF? 4th Oct 06 at 12:08 PM
    hi
    just wonder how many of you have put the heating on yet i was going to wait untill november but my 7 year old dd woke me up at 430 this morring saying she was cold i swear i saw steam coming from her mouth so i got up and put it on the house was cold though and my ds has woken up a few time durring the night to (his only two) i now wonder if it was because he was cold too

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by Former MSE Zorica; 11-11-2014 at 5:43 PM.
Page 609
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 6th Oct 17, 11:31 PM
    • 12,915 Posts
    • 17,108 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    Is this a DIY job or must it be done by a CORGI-registered plumber? (Sorry to be a bit thick, but I assume flushing it through means the tank and radiators are cleared of sludge, and the boiler is unaffected apart from the obvious efficiency gain).
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Flushing a vented system through (including the boiler) and cleaning out the radiators can be a DIY job. The only fluids involved are water so no need for a Gas Safe plumber. Likewise, with my old boiler, after ensuring that the system is correctly refilled with water and inhibitor mix, relighting the boiler just involves turning on the gas cöck and pressing the piezo igniter following the instructions printed on the inside of the boiler casing.

If in doubt, always call in a professional.
    Last edited by Gloomendoom; 07-10-2017 at 12:13 AM.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

2,177Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin