Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Empty pockets
    • By Empty pockets 30th Sep 10, 11:34 PM
    • 1,040Posts
    • 587Thanks
    Empty pockets
    0 WOW
    Icelolly.com
    • 30th Sep 10, 11:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Icelolly.com 30th Sep 10 at 11:34 PM
    Anybody used this comparison site?

http://www.icelolly.com/

Seems cheap...I imagine there are hidden costs somewhere.

Anything to beware of or lookout for?

Thanks
Page 1
  • missout
    • 30th Sep 10, 11:54 PM
    Icelolly .com
    • 30th Sep 10, 11:54 PM
    Have used this site many times had some great deals both in uk and abroad, (just try a night away in uk first for great deal & low prices)
  • bumblesquatt
    • 18th Dec 10, 3:35 PM
    • 18th Dec 10, 3:35 PM
    im assuming there must be "extras" to add onto the price of the holidays advertised on icelolly.com can anyone who has used them shed any light on how much the extras are?

I am desperate for some sunshine
    • pink princess
    • By pink princess 18th Dec 10, 3:39 PM
    • 11,866 Posts
    • 34,902 Thanks
    pink princess
    • 18th Dec 10, 3:39 PM
    • 18th Dec 10, 3:39 PM
    I used them this summer,they advertised £445 per person .Once baggage etc was added on it came to £530 per person .Cheapest we could find by miles.
  • Ponkle22
    • 18th Dec 10, 11:51 PM
    • 18th Dec 10, 11:51 PM
    Yes. Have used them several times successfully and cheaply and so have some friends. However, make sure to keep a note of the code of the holiday you are interested in as the code makes it cheaper (mostly). Do check whether transfers are included or not. The most important thing you do is to type 'review' into google followed by the name of the accommodation/area and read the reviews, as a lot of Ice Lolly places are a bit tacky. However, if you spend time surfing through them you do find some great gems at great prices.

I think there were some negative reviews of Ice Lolly on here (you could try a search) but in my experience its been great.
  • cheapholidays
    • 12th Mar 12, 4:59 PM
    Cheap Holidays
    • 12th Mar 12, 4:59 PM
    I have used them before and found the prices to be genuine and very competitive. I also used cheapbeachholidays.co.uk for my long haul holidays to the maldives.

Does anyone know how to get free business class flight upgrades?
    • welda
    • By welda 12th Mar 12, 5:16 PM
    • 580 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    welda
    • 12th Mar 12, 5:16 PM
    • 12th Mar 12, 5:16 PM
    Used this site today, 2wk all incl @ £504pp on website, called today, add ons were 15 kilo hold baggage, 5 kilo hand, then transfers to and from resort, pushed total cost to £597 pp.

I paid by CC, 2.5% card fee, I imagine they are all much the same, hence the confiring booking, plus as it gets nearer to easter, prices are rising.

Cheers.....
    • KonkyWonky
    • By KonkyWonky 12th Mar 12, 6:32 PM
    • 621 Posts
    • 247 Thanks
    KonkyWonky
    • 12th Mar 12, 6:32 PM
    • 12th Mar 12, 6:32 PM
    If you want to put baggage in the hold, have in flight meals or a transfer from the airport to the resort then you will pay an additional fee for each of them.

Icelolly are only a broker, they direct you to an agent who takes your booking. You are not booking a package holiday, you are booking a seperate flight (usually Ryanair or Easyjet) and accomodation. Generally you can better the price they give by booking the component parts yourself.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 12th Mar 12, 7:13 PM
    • 10,864 Posts
    • 7,093 Thanks
    Caz3121
    • 12th Mar 12, 7:13 PM
    • 12th Mar 12, 7:13 PM
    Does anyone know how to get free business class flight upgrades?
    Originally posted by cheapholidays
    I would say they don't exist but if you have premium status with the airline and economy is overbooked, you may get selected for upgrade...otherwise you need to part with lots of £s or look out for sales....recently did EDI-LHR-NCE-LHR-EDI for £188 in business which was cheaper than economy
  • rhammer
    Icelolly are only a broker, they direct you to an agent who takes your booking. You are not booking a package holiday, you are booking a seperate flight (usually Ryanair or Easyjet) and accomodation. Generally you can better the price they give by booking the component parts yourself.
    Originally posted by KonkyWonky
    Icelolly take "feeds" from online agents and operators and then display them on their site. Icelolly earn money when you click on the deals (just like travelsupermarket.com). Some of the deals on there are packages (ATOL protected), some are seperate flights and accomodation. Typically Ryanair and Easyjet will be the same price or cheaper (they don't pay commission to agents), but normally the accommodation is cheaper to book through an agent. Obviously depends on which hotel you are booking and through which agent!

Most agents will probably strip all the extras (bags, meals, etc) out of their deals to make them look cheaper and generate more click throughs to their websites.

But, back to the original question, you can't really go wrong with icelolly as they are just a comparison site. Just make sure the travel agent you are booking with is ABTA, ATOL, SFC, protected, etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,932Posts Today

7,361Users online

Martin's Twitter