Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • savvy
    • By savvy 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    • 29,677Posts
    • 45,215Thanks
    savvy
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5)
    • 29th Sep 10, 11:17 PM
    Making cards - Ideas (part 5) 29th Sep 10 at 11:17 PM
    Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for you

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , the third thread - Part 3, and the fourth thread here - Part 4, it may be a good idea to look these first for advice or ideas.
    Last edited by savvy; 29-09-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Page 262
  • paddingtondoo
    Thanks girls knew I could rely on you - yes they do want me to go in on one of my working from home days for a half an hour meeting once a fortnight.

The really silly thing is if she hadn't tried to demand I got in for 9 o'clock I was quite prepared to suggest I tried to get in early to help out - that loud bang was my boss shooting herself in the foot

I'm a slow burner as far as putting up with stuff is concerned I will take so much but no more - and telling someone youre changing their working arrangements by leaving an ansaphone message when you've seen them 3/4 hour before is quite honestly appalling - I wonder who the invisible woman in my office will be tomorrow when I walk in there at 9:27

Nurse did loads of tests including several armfuls of blood to see if there's a medical reason for me feeling so carp - my mum had a thyroid problem so she's testing me for that as well - she did say my pulse was quite high - wonder why that was????? Should get the results on Friday

OH is away tonight am gonna throw DD into bed and get my crafty head on have some DT work to do that really isn't me as you'll see at the weekend

Hugs to your !!!!! cat Marg - least you could get to see someone can you imagine how long you'd have had to wait if it was you?
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 8th Feb 11, 7:46 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    Rusty congrats on the big order, it's brill

Padster- like The wife said def take notes down about times and dates they could become very useful. Hubby is writting down and submitting a form even if he goes over 5 mins extra because he does about an 1 hr to 1 1/2 hr extra every day and doesn't get paid or time off in lieu for that.

Thanks everyone, i will keep you on call for cuttlebug duty you have made me smile at least. Dreaded going up this pm but i didn't speak and nether did she, It's seems a shame as i am sure she will no doubt take the funnies again but i think it's best we just ignore each other. I don't need her in my life.

Made a card today when i didn't think i would so that was good. Just a kiddies one, used my new candy on it
    Mummy to 2 wonderful boys

Want to be fit for 30 not fat at 30
    but i want never gets!!!
    • Georgiegirl2012
    • By Georgiegirl2012 8th Feb 11, 8:27 PM
    • 538 Posts
    • 6,246 Thanks
    Georgiegirl2012
    Seems when so many of you have so many not great things going on in your lives I shouldn't really complain about being tired, when, mostly, it's under my control (medication and various conditions do contribute)

Last night I ended up turningoff my light at 12.30 but slept much better than I have for weeks and even woke before my alarm. Some of my time was used fairly productively and the result is out there in cyberspace. (it's my first proper commission)

Oh and remember the wedding invite commission I didn't get - the bride to be told me they paid £150 for 102 invites, so my quote of £200 - £250 for 208 (which was what she originally asked me for) was well reasonable
  • ali.b.123
    Hi ladies, ooh seems like loads going on here been making notes so hopefully I wont have forgotten anybody:

Louby: glad the school run wasnt too bad - would it be worth asking her what her problem is face to face to try and clear the air??
    Bettalife - glad your little one is picking up
    Dallam -your patchwork cards are a fab idea
    Mary - good luck for tomorrow
    Vic - congrats on your win
    rainmac - have you been to the space centre before??? wondering if it might be worth a trip at half term?? Bit of a trek but could possible make a stop over out of it??
    the wife hope your granddaughters are feeling better soon.

Right got a question for you: Recently won a £10 spend at Bunny zoes and thinking of getting some copics - so if you are on a limited spend what couple of copics would you get skin/hair tones??? if so what colours?? Mind you there are so many lovely goodies not sure what I need the most - trying to think logically hmm...
    • louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 8th Feb 11, 9:08 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    No don't think so ali she has got a little group around her at all times and i don't want it to get out of hand, they are quite abrupt people, we wouldn't be able to talk nicely and i would like to stay friends with the other 2.
    I am just going to lay low for a bit. But she wants us all to go out next month! what makes her think i want to go out with her now after this?

I am after a scallop punch the size like some of you have for the elizabeth shaw mint treats etc i like the SU one but i can't afford that is there one cheaper thats the same?

but i want never gets!!!
    • rainmac
    • By rainmac 8th Feb 11, 9:19 PM
    • 7,058 Posts
    • 57,284 Thanks
    rainmac
    Hi Ali, have a look at this tutorial, may help decide on colours x I haven't been to the Space Centre before but looked online and it looks good, not too far from us either.

Padster, good luck with your results, hope you feel better soon x
    Last edited by rainmac; 08-02-2011 at 9:24 PM.
    If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain
    • Marg
    • By Marg 8th Feb 11, 9:29 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Ali B - my colouring is generally carp, I think I'm a bit heavy handed and find it hard to do really pale colours with my copics. LOTV have a list of colours they recommend for hair & skin. I haven't got all of them so p'raps that's why

These are on the list: E51, RV02, E02, E50, Y00, E43, YR02, E57, W-3, W-5, C-1, C-3.

Someone else may do better....

Louby - I use a scalloped circle nestie.

Padster - you're right, I lost most of December in A & E with MIL, and feel very lucky that I went to my optician about my eye rather than the GP - I'd still be waiting for the appointment with him. Hope you get to the bottom of what ails you very soon x
  • ali.b.123
    Louby - hmm best to ignore :-)
    Rainmac - thanks but for some reason its not letting me go on on this net book thingy so will have a look tomorrow on the big pooter
    marg thank you xx
    • louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 8th Feb 11, 9:39 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    Louby - I use a scalloped circle nestie.
    Originally posted by Marg
    hmm yes i could use my nestie maybe i'm just being lazy and thinking a punch would be quicker if i need to do alot.

rainmac it may be wise to see if there is some where else you could also pull in on the same day. I am not knocking the space center it has changed a lot since we went but we didn't spend to long there. The best bit for us was doing a weather report on a green screen and climbing up the stairs /rocket.

but i want never gets!!!
    • pennib
    • By pennib 8th Feb 11, 10:00 PM
    • 1,389 Posts
    • 7,319 Thanks
    pennib
    What such lovely cards everybody.
    Here is one the my g'daughter made for our anniversary last month, the roses are 3d. As she is only 9yrs she did very well. Think we got another crafty one in our midst

• macma
    • By macma 8th Feb 11, 10:43 PM
    • 899 Posts
    • 2,725 Thanks
    macma
    wow pennib she's one to watch
    fab card
  • craftygranny
    Louby i have the stampin up one but i also have a 2" scalloped circle which is only a little larger .

Padster no i don't think it's unreasonable to hope they lose their voices with a sore throat i often think the same with princess K .
    But we've spent the last 12 months helping and encouraging carly to speak as with being deaf she struggled until she had her implants . She's up to a 2 year olds level now with speech and language so only 12 months behind but learning fast.
    It's hard to believe now that she lived in her own silent world she's come on such a lot . She has her 12 month post switch on check up on thursday so we'll find out how far behind she is then.

Rainmac the space center sounds good sounds like the kind of thing my grandsons would like .

Wifey hope your grandaughters feel better soon it's definately lurgy land here in yorkshire then.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • paddingtondoo
    Morning all off to work shortly - wish me luck

Good luck for today Mary.

Freebie here from Spyder plus a linky to some fat cats.

Hugs to everyone
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended

• thriftyscotslass
    Lovely card Pennib - I think you have some competition there

Good luck Padster, let us know how you get on.

Craftygranny - WOW!!! Is that a year since Carly's switch on - where has the last year gone . Glad to hear she is making such fabulous progress.

Have a good day everyone. I have a date with the inside of the cooker , Thriftyxxx
    • lizalloareds
    • By lizalloareds 9th Feb 11, 9:44 AM
    • 1,807 Posts
    • 17,414 Thanks
    lizalloareds
    Morning everyone, wet again here

got friends coming round for a cuppa so will be back later

x
  • Addams
    Mary - Hope the scan goes well

Paddington - Hope your work situation improves soon. Good luck for today

Viclspence - Well done

Rusty - Well done on your card order. Maybe you can start a moonpig type card service!

Pennib - What a lovely card, your granddaughter is very talented
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • THE-WIFE
    Craftygranny, that such brilliant news about Carly, please let us know how she does on Thursday.

Pennib, lovely card and what a talented little miss.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CARP, SHE'S UP"!

• Marg
    • By Marg 9th Feb 11, 12:00 PM
    • 2,173 Posts
    • 25,241 Thanks
    Marg
    Rainmac - a BIG THANK YOU for the lovely card and images you sent me, they are gorgeous - naughty girl!

Hope all goes well today for Mary Op, & Padster and Carly's implant check up proves she is doing well.

Betterlife - how's your littlie today - better I hope x

Can anyone help? I've searched & searched for a turtle digi I saw very recently. I can't remember where I saw him, it's driving me mad, it's just a plain turtle on it's own, a bit like those on Karen's Doodles but it isn't one of hers. Can anyone else remember seeing it?

Pennib - Welcome!
    • louby-lou-lou
    • By louby-lou-lou 9th Feb 11, 12:28 PM
    • 1,483 Posts
    • 9,607 Thanks
    louby-lou-lou
    [QUOTE=Marg;41041294]
    Can anyone help? I've searched & searched for a turtle digi I saw very recently. I can't remember where I saw him, it's driving me mad, it's just a plain turtle on it's own, a bit like those on Karen's Doodles but it isn't one of hers. Can anyone else remember seeing it?
    QUOTE]

Marg i have a sleeply turtle digi with like a night cap/hat on if you would like me to email you it pm me.

Lovely card Pennib your daughter has a good talent there.

but i want never gets!!!
    • PepPop
    • By PepPop 9th Feb 11, 12:58 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 18,641 Thanks
    PepPop
    Mary Good luck today - got everything crossed for you

Rusty YAY congratulations on your order

Padster Hope you get on OK today and if not point me in her direction - cuttlebug at the ready. Although I'd send your OH I think the good old Glasgow kiss will work better

Marg Your poor cat - hope she's ok today.

dallam Your cards are gorgeous! Love the gingham flowers - did you make them or did you buy them?

Louby Keep your chin up and keep smiling

Georgiegirl Great twisted easel card and congrats on your commission

pennib Brilliant card - your granddaughter is very talented

craftygranny I can't believe that it's been a year since Carly's switch on - wow. Brilliant that she's coming on so well - smart little cookie there

Thrify that sounds so romantic do you fancy double dating with mine??

Marg have a look here - this might help

I've set up a new blog with just pics on it to show people my makes and I've been asked for a price for this. The box is made from A3 parchment card so I'd say it's about 7 inches tall. The question is what would you charge? She's gonna be looking for a few - I don't want to overcharge but at the same time I don't want to undercharge either. The pram is thick pearl card. HELP!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

105Posts Today

1,987Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin