Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Athravan
    Food Intolerance Tests?
    • 1st Oct 06, 10:57 AM
    Food Intolerance Tests? 1st Oct 06 at 10:57 AM
    Does anyone know if there is a reliable place you can get food intolerances? I have been tested for coeliac but I know i have some food intolerances - caffeine, chocolate, alcohol that cause IBS.

Other than an exclusion diet, which I've tried and just found incredibely hard and actually made me feel worse - i've heard of health shops offering an "intolerance" test via a !!!!! of blood... and someone told me there was a more reliable one you could send off for.

My GP told me only coeliac was on the NHS and that I wouldn't even get a lactose intolerance test, which I think would be quite valuable for me.

Are they at all reliable, are they worth the money, and if so, where's the best place to get the most reliable one done?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

92Posts Today

3,183Users online

Martin's Twitter