Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    tronik
    sacked for being off sick
    • 30th Sep 06, 12:38 PM
    sacked for being off sick 30th Sep 06 at 12:38 PM
    hello every1 what can i do,i was recently sacked whilst being signed off sick by doctor,rec'd letter from employer during the week i was off sick.I was previously given a verbal warning for lateness due to the clocking in clock being approx 10 mins fast. When clocked in,my watch and everyone elses stating i was infact 3-5 mins early i did mention this to supervisor at the time.The employer stated in dismissal letter i was warned in verbal warning if i had any more time off,I would clearly remember if the warning stated anything about absence when the warning was for lateness as i stated above ,but was not warned cos warning was for lateness only.I rec'd the 1 verbal warning only was then sacked,i was only at the company for 3 months my problem now is that i signed on for jobseekers allowance and they have suspended benefit till mid december leaving me to live on hardship payment of 60% of the 112 fortnight jobseekers allowance.I live alone and rent from housing association so the 60 odd pounds i get a f/night is making it virtually impossible to get by.hhhheeeellllpppp,cheers in advance for any advice anyone might have,jason
    Last edited by tronik; 30-09-2006 at 12:41 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,374Posts Today

6,841Users online

Martin's Twitter