Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    holatara
    Advice Needed - Nationwide Mortgage Declined - Any Hope in Appealing?
    • 17th Sep 10, 3:51 PM
    Advice Needed - Nationwide Mortgage Declined - Any Hope in Appealing? 17th Sep 10 at 3:51 PM

My OH and I applied for a mortgage with Nationwide. We originally had 15% deposit and were requiring 145k. My OH already owns a house, is self employed and earning around on average 40k a year net with perfect credit. I earn 26k, am a first time buyer and, unfortunately have one 5 1/2 year old default from an old mobile phone (I was young and foolish!).

We have gone through a mortgage broker who declared the default to Nationwide and said keep your fingers crossed. Obviously weren't crossed tightly enough as it came back declined - reason being high risk.

This was 2 weeks ago. I have since settled the balance of the default (351) and am awaiting my credit report to update. Our broker is sending my proof of payment along with a letter of explanation to Nationwide. We also now have 25% deposit. What do you think our chances of the appeal being successful are? The broker reckons it's good as our LTV is now 75% and although the default will still be showing on my report , as it's now satisfied and 6 months away from dropping off it may, just may be overlooked?

Any advice would be great guys! Thanks in advance!
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

604Posts Today

4,299Users online

Martin's Twitter