Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Shopping & Freebies > I wanna buy-it or do-it > itailor anyone used this website (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
itailor anyone used this website
Views: 156,802
# 1
WOW Factor 0
msmyth18
Old 11-09-2010, 10:39 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default itailor anyone used this website

Hello,

Ive come across a site called itailor which tailors shirts exactly how you want for 19 a shirt. This seems really good value- i would like to know if anyone has ever used this site before?
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Coopdivi
Old 12-09-2010, 1:36 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Is it called itailor dot com? If so there is no address or phone number on the website and the domain registration details are hidden behind a proxy.

http://whois.domaintools.com/itailor.com

Clicking the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page gets this:

http://www.itailor.com/html/contactus.aspx

When I visited the website today it said that the shirts cost 17.99 but when I tested the purchasing procedure I got charged in Euros. A shipping fee was added and a credit card surcharge despite the FAQs claiming there wouldn't be one. Total price 27.24 Euros. Still cheap mind you for what you're getting but...

All transactions are made through an online payment merchant called ThaiEPay which leads me to suspect that Itailor are either based in Thailand or more probably because of lower labour costs Cambodia.

A couple of other things. Delivery will take at least 3 weeks and on occasions a lot longer. You maybe subject to customs duty and vat.

It's a very professional website. Somebody has put a lot of time and money into designing it. It's certainly not your typical Chinese knock off scam site. But until they show more transparency over contact details and pricing my advice to you would be avoid Itailor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coopdivi For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
peterbo
Old 23-09-2010, 12:38 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unhappy not delivered

I ordered a shirt from them on august 12th. I live in Holland and have not yet received the order.
I sent 2 mails inquiring about my order to service@itailoronline.com and info@itailoronline.com, but got no response.
# 4
James Druce
Old 23-09-2010, 7:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Unhappy Why dont you responded to my emails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTailor View Post
Hi Guys
This is Mike CEO of iTailor,we do exist and own one of the largest skilled tailor factory with over 200 people ,you can also read more in about us page and do email from contact page if any question
we have shipped thousands of shirt across europe and look forward to serve everyone in this community
Our price is for real ,we do not have any extra charges for any style options like other sites,we use high quality 100 percent cotton and of course there is a standard shipping charge in the end
We are able to offer 3 times less the price because we are the factory direct working in this business for over 45 years

You can also do research and see in many forum people receiving the shirts in Holland,francs ,italy etc

Respectfully,
Mike
itailor.com

Hi,

I have placed a trial order for 2 shirts prior to what I thought was going to be an ongoing order once a month but alas the experience I have received so far has been less then pleasant.
You register your online account and enter your measurements but itaylor seem to ignore these! *I have sent 15 emails with my "actual" size requirements and get a response saying they will make the shirts that are actually twice the size so totally useless.

The site and the functionality is a pleasant experience but the lack of response and the ability to understand a customers requirement raises many concerns.
This being said I have escalated a claim to pull back the monies from their account.

Shame as this could of been a lucrative relationship for them!

Regards
James Druce
# 5
cidr
Old 15-10-2010, 7:05 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have used Itailor. My shirt was delivered an around 3 weeks. The shirt looks good; The material's a little thin but that's maybe the type of fabric I picked (since you - Itailor, are responding to threads - is that right about ceratain materials?)

I picked the italian 1 button collar and found it a little too soft and small. I don't know if that's the case with all of their shirts and is the french collar a little bigger?

As far a the measurements I gave, it's quite tricky to get the right fit the first time. My shirt I received was quite tight in general, mainly around the arms and chest. I also picked Euro slim. My guess is, whatever you measure with the tape, give a bit more, maybe a half inch here and there but if you take off some of the actual measurments, be prepared for some tightness.

Everyone's often used to baggier shirts so it's easy to take off some of your measurement's thinking that you'll receive a nicer fit - I imagine that giving the correct measurements and a little more here and there will give you a great fit.

Picking patterned fabric is more expensive than plain, so my advice is to buy a plain shirt first to test the first shirt and if you're happy, then go wild... for the price, it's a very good deal.

@italor - Are all the collars quite soft?

Cheers
# 6
Johnjohn
Old 15-10-2010, 7:27 PM
MoneySaving Convert

I have become fed up with over baggy shirts so had a go at buying made to measure shirts on line. Marks and Spencer produced excellent results based on collar size, age, weight etc..., but they have now put their prices up and some of the fabrics weren't very long-lasting. I then tried a company called Brass Bones who charged about 60. The trouble was that I had real difficulty getting correct measurements as they required lots of body measurements. The shirt that they sent me was beautifully made and the fabric was of excellent quality but, sadly, didn't fit. In the end I got a couple of shirts made at Harvie Hudson on Jermyn Street who measured me up in their shop. At 125 each they can hardly be considered money saving, however they are top-quality fabric and fit perfectly. I will probably now send one to Brass bones to copy as they offer this service. I would also be interested in trying itailor on a similar basis if they start to provide a service where they can copy the dimensions of an existing shirt that fits properly.

Over the years I have wasted loads of money on shirts that don't fit properly, so I am happy to pay a bit more for shirts that actually fit. I just need to find a reliable supplier that's a bit cheaper than 125.
# 7
peterbo
Old 15-10-2010, 10:11 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Received!

Quote:
Dear Sir,
I just checked into this forum after a while and saw your message,Kindly email info@itailor.com to check on your shirts,those emails that you mention are not the correct ones and hence no response
Thanks for your patience
iTailor
Well Mike, I replied to the email address that the mail was sent from, and the address posted on the website. But, even better. I received a response after 6 days. That means that the address is correct, but the response is just very slow.
The person at Itailor claimed that I did not enter my house number. I sent a screenshot of the address page in my itailor account which included my house number. They sent a mail stating to re-send the/a shirt.
After a long wait I finally received the shirt on yesterday october 14.
The shirt looks good. Indeed a little thin material and buttons but we will see how it turns out.
So my verdict. itailor seems to deliver eventually, but from my experience the customer service is not very good. I really had to put some effort to prove myself. The mails were not very professional and gave the impression that the people are not very capable..
# 8
soapbox440
Old 01-11-2010, 3:27 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Any progress on this? I'm considering ordering but weary of the fabric quality. I'd love to hear a review from someone who has recieved a delivery.
# 9
neilbrowning
Old 02-11-2010, 3:25 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi,
I've bought two shirts from itailor, both solid colours (pink and blue).
The first one seemed a little big on me so I ordered again and took a few centimetres off here and there.
I have to agree that the cotton quality isn't great ... seem to get creased quite quickly. The cuffs are very narrow ... I can't get my watch under them (Maybe I'll mention this in my next order).
The fit is amazing ... I absolutely hate baggy shirts .... even tailored fit from TM Lewin is far too big. I'm not heroin addict skinny ... I just want a shirt that fits.

I will be ordering again ... probably going for a pattern or herringbone (if there is one).

The best thing to do is buy one and make your own mind up!

n
# 10
matthijsm81
Old 10-11-2010, 7:21 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Various experiences

So far, I have ordered 8 shirts on iTailor. My experiences vary.

First of all I really like the shirts. It would have been nice if they gave me the opportunity to choose a higher collar, but you can't have all. Pay attention to the colors of the buttons or fabric they display on the website. I found out that they are a little bit different then they are in real life (contrast, color vividness). The cuffs are very narrow and there is no way to alter it.

Most of the time the shirts ship very fast and are delivered in 3 weeks, even before the website displays that they will ship out.

The customer service is horrible though. Lately I ordered two shirts on October 2nd which I still haven't received (IT11075). Yesterday I received the shirt I ordered on October 12 (IT12667). I've contacted their customer service several times now, and they've stated several things out the current order status of my October 2nd order. I doubt if the comprehension of English language is really sufficient to help me, as I still have not received any of the shirts ordered on October 2nd.

So, to be quiet honest, I am not really sure if I will order another shirt of them.

Another tip would be to make your first order one single, cheap, shirt. This gives you the possibility to alter the measurement if the shirt doesn't fit.

Last edited by matthijsm81; 10-11-2010 at 7:24 AM. Reason: added comment about cuffs
# 11
glyn2721
Old 19-11-2010, 2:00 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default itailor

I ordered a shirt on 30/10/10, received it 19/11/10...
the shirt is exactly as i ordered.
colours are good. the material is not too bad, but would like a bit thicker... the sizes i will say are as i ordered, but will make a little bit larger the next time.

for the cost and service of the shirt i am very happy.
I will be using again
The Following User Says Thank You to glyn2721 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
macpahire
Old 21-11-2010, 5:21 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterbo View Post
I ordered a shirt from them on august 12th. I live in Holland and have not yet received the order.
I sent 2 mails inquiring about my order to service@itailoronline.com and info@itailoronline.com, but got no response.
A friend of mine received his first order a couple of weeks ago, and is more than happy with the quality and fit of his shirt,
# 13
pag teesside
Old 19-01-2011, 2:50 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default What a shambles

Well I have had to register in here now as they respoond to messages in here. I ordered a shirt at the end of November. Tracking says despatched on the 15th December. Still no shirt.

Having tried to email them a numerous occassions I got nothing back. Then I used the email address listed above and got a responce asking me to wait a week.
If I do not recieve the shirt they will either reorder the shirt or refund the money.

I have now waited a further 2 weeks, sent a email and not heard anything. I was ordering one shirt to check the sizes and looking to place regular orders for work.

Would have been perfect but from this experiance I think I will just leave them well alone and hope either the money or the shirt turns up some time soon....

Its a shame because I liked the website, the design and up until delivery everything was very good. If you are goig to use them be careful.
The Following User Says Thank You to pag teesside For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
Miao
Old 21-01-2011, 2:14 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Dear Sir,
I just checked into this forum after a while and saw your message,Kindly email info@itailor.com to check on your shirts,those emails that you mention are not the correct ones and hence no response
Thanks for your patience
iTailor
If you are so professional, why dont you update the website to the info@itailor.com rather than keeping the old one "info@itailoronline.com" ??

Any body has updates about this site?
# 15
Neal_Morgan
Old 01-02-2011, 6:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default I did a test purchase

Being ever skeptic of what a sub 20 shirt will look like I ordered one shirt, I customised as I wanted and ordered on 7th January. Today 1st February it arrived. It is as I wished, I chose the black fabric which is a little more than the 17 basic and feels good quality, you can't see through it as I feared. Although I do think the cuff is a little short and would like to see an extra 1/2 inch in the cuff length.

I tried to order three more today,basically the same with different colour options. I'm a little disappointed that the paypal button is not working as I don't want to pay the 5% credit card fee, as a soletrader I know paypal fees and credit card fees are about the same, certainly not 5%

Neal
The Following User Says Thank You to Neal_Morgan For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
pag teesside
Old 07-02-2011, 4:37 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal_Morgan View Post
Being ever skeptic of what a sub 20 shirt will look like I ordered one shirt, I customised as I wanted and ordered on 7th January. Today 1st February it arrived. It is as I wished, I chose the black fabric which is a little more than the 17 basic and feels good quality, you can't see through it as I feared. Although I do think the cuff is a little short and would like to see an extra 1/2 inch in the cuff length.

I tried to order three more today,basically the same with different colour options. I'm a little disappointed that the paypal button is not working as I don't want to pay the 5% credit card fee, as a soletrader I know paypal fees and credit card fees are about the same, certainly not 5%

Neal

Well done Neal,

I have ordered the cheapest shirt I can with a few different alterations just to get a feel of the workmanship and sizing. Nothing received from teh first order in November. They have remade the shirt and it says despatched on the 1st Feb. Still nothing. I will wait a few more days then I will just cancel the order.

They may be cheap but you cant get through to them and they have a number of emails they do not respond to but I live in hope that it will turn up some time soon.

When it does I will come back on here and let people know about the quality and the shirt. Good/bad or indifferent.
The Following User Says Thank You to pag teesside For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
kingcohen
Old 08-02-2011, 1:12 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I too was suspicious about what seemed to be too good to be true, tailored shirts for circa 20, when I'm used to paying circa 100 I need NOT have worried. I understood right from the beginning the time constraints, it is all explained quite clearly onsite. My skepticism meant I too only ordered 1 shirt at first but instead of other posters I went for the most complicated shirt I could find, I even emailed in as one of the colours I wanted (on the cuff) wasn't displayed on site. I got almost an instant email back from Mike who I have subsequently found out works European hours in Thailand (if only I could find employees with such work ethic) telling me my specific was no problem and that the shirt was logged and would be with me within the allocated time period.

Again like other posters I was worried about the quality of the shirt, again my worries were unfounded, the shirts were great, exactly the same quality as much more expensive ones i've purchased from high street retailers and similar to other hand made shirts I've bought

I've now ordered continuesly over the last 6 months, some 12 shirts to date. ok its a bit annoying having to wait for the shirt but the price more than compensates....

Long story short, cant recommend the site more and I hope others use and enjoy
# 18
martyn2709
Old 10-02-2011, 3:07 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Smile itailor

All i can say is that these are the best shirts I have ever had. They fit perfectly, my designs came out superb, they arrived on time & are great value.

I have ordered 8 so far & am just about to order some ties.

My investigation has shown that this is nit a scam or a dodgy Thai comapny, but a long established comapny that has been going for at least 20yrs
# 19
kodesh
Old 11-02-2011, 8:58 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down itailor.com terrible return policy BEWARE!!

I ordered a shirt for them over two months ago and the shirt was most definitly too small. after contacting them about the mistake they proceeded to give me a run around about how it was my measuring that was at fault. i had to send them pictures of me wearing the shirt and showing it was too small after that itailorteam said i needed to send them pictures of the shirt laid out with a measuring tape. I did all this also only to get a response that they still believed it to be my measuring error and that hey would not refund my $56 or exchange my shirt.

In my book this is just BAD BUISNESS I WILL NEVER RECOMEND ITAILOR UNTIL THEY CHANGE THEIR RETURN POLICY!

I've been doing buisness online for over 10yrs, and ill tell you just because they have a good site doesnt mean they know how to please or keep customers.

A Very unhappy ITAILOR.COM X-customer
The Following User Says Thank You to kodesh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
Richard Williams
Old 19-02-2011, 2:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs up iTailor

I came across the site a few weeks ago after I'd given up on finding a shirt of a style I wanted on the high street.

I had my doubts about the company to begin with, so thought I'd risk just ordering one shirt.

The site was very user-friendly in enabling me to "design" my own shirt within a very wide set of the company's parameters.

Once postage was added the shirt did cost more overall than the initial blurb suggested, but still came in at about 24.

The shirt arrived within about three weeks and met the spec I had set, and seems to be of high quality fabric and finish.

I'll get it through a couple of wearing and washing cycles before I make final judgement. If OK after that I will certainly order more.