Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 2
    • foxgloves
    • By foxgloves 6th Sep 10, 11:01 AM
    • 3,704 Posts
    • 18,258 Thanks
    foxgloves
    I think that's a good price. Mine were from a fruit farm & cost a quid for a lb. I bought 4lbs and have used 3lbs to make damson gin. Only made one bottle last year & everyone liked it so much that we thought we'd do extra & save pretty bottles to give it as Christmas gifts this year. With the remaning 1lb, I added a lb of our windfall apples & made damson & apple jelly which is really nice, can use like jam on sweet things, or with meats like lamb. You don't always see damsons & some years they are even more scarce because the crop isn't as good, so I like to buy some every year.
    • Savannah02K
    • By Savannah02K 6th Sep 10, 12:18 PM
    • 291 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Savannah02K
    Agent 1013 - I'm West Midlands too, where have you seen damsons for free? Pretty please ........ Only ones by me (Solihull) have been by roadside. Need to find a safer source. Thanks.
  • Agent1013
    Agent 1013 - I'm West Midlands too, where have you seen damsons for free? Pretty please ........ Only ones by me (Solihull) have been by roadside. Need to find a safer source. Thanks.
    Originally posted by Savannah02K
    Hi Savannah02K, I'm in Wolverhampton and there are lots of tree's along the canal by me. I've found several trees around the Wombourne stretch of the Staffs and Worcs canal and a few around the Compton area of the same canal. I would guess there are more in parts I've not checked as they seem quite plentiful in this area, but you do need to look hard and sometimes fight your way through nettles to reach them

Good Luck!
    • Jackiesc
    • By Jackiesc 16th Sep 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jackiesc
    if any of you live near me(Worcestershire) we have a tree full of damsons you could have as long as you can pick them! I'm not keen and hate to see them wasted!please PM me if interested!
    Originally posted by taplady
    Hi there we are nr wynchcombe and would love to come and pick some of your damsons
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,640Posts Today

6,711Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin