Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    moneytracker
    Indesit Washing Machine Wont Spin
    • 1st Sep 10, 11:37 AM
    Indesit Washing Machine Wont Spin 1st Sep 10 at 11:37 AM
    I have an Indesit WIXL163 which is now nearly 3 years old and cuts off when it hits the spin cycle.

My dad is really good at DIY and can fix most things (as long as it parts and not working a remote). But he would like some ideas as to what this might be.

He asked a friend of his who suggested that the spin cycle has completely gone and would cost 90 for the part to repair. The washing machine only cost 250, and I would rather not pay that much for a repair when I know it is just a matter of time before something else will go.

I would appreciate any help you can offer thanks.

I did have a quick look on the internet and somewhere it said I should try cleaning the filter, according to indesit I should unscrew the panel at the bottom to get to this, but there are no screws. How do I get this off?
    Last edited by moneytracker; 01-09-2010 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Forgot something.
    Now married to the man of my dreams. One year down, forever still to go.
    2008 Wins: Total 3206 2009 Wins: Total 265 2010 Wins: Creme Egg Beach Ball, Miffy stationary set, mascara and Justin Bieber Book

This is not like the xBox, this is real life, like the Wii.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

395Posts Today

1,367Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Apologies for the vulgarity but did the #Wimbledon bbc2 commentator just say "he doesn't beat himself off?"

• Eeek did we forget to pay the meter? No power in MSE Towers - no phones - (appartently power down in whole central london)

• Warning! Did you start Uni in or after 2012? If so govt mooting making your loans more costly. See http://t.co/oF99EWBpIZ RT to spread word

• Follow Martin