Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • freya18th
    • By freya18th 22nd Sep 06, 6:17 PM
    • 229Posts
    • 35Thanks
    freya18th
    0 WOW
    Monarch Hand luggage 10kg
    • 22nd Sep 06, 6:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Monarch Hand luggage 10kg 22nd Sep 06 at 6:17 PM
    Just been there website and they now say they have reduced hold luggage back down to 20kg and put hand luggage up to 10kg it only was 5kg before the scare.This seems a lot and I don't know what number to contact to see if this is right.Can anyone help.
Page 1
    • alanjuk
    • By alanjuk 22nd Sep 06, 8:07 PM
    • 328 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    alanjuk
    • 22nd Sep 06, 8:07 PM
    • 22nd Sep 06, 8:07 PM
    It was 10 Kg before the scare I travelled to Mallorca with them in June with just hand luggage and it weighed 9.5 Kg so was just within the limit
    • freya18th
    • By freya18th 23rd Sep 06, 8:32 AM
    • 229 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    freya18th
    • 23rd Sep 06, 8:32 AM
    • 23rd Sep 06, 8:32 AM
    It was 10 Kg before the scare I travelled to Mallorca with them in June with just hand luggage and it weighed 9.5 Kg so was just within the limit
    by alanjuk
    Hi, Thanks for prompt reply. I paid for flight over internet and in ref number details etc. it says 5kg hand luggage. Made the booking in November last year so things might have change.
    • alanjuk
    • By alanjuk 23rd Sep 06, 11:15 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 114 Thanks
    alanjuk
    • 23rd Sep 06, 11:15 AM
    • 23rd Sep 06, 11:15 AM
    It appears that if you are flying monarch scheduled then the allowance is 10 Kg but if it is monarch charter then it is only 5 Kg, hope this is helpful too you.
    see here for charter
    and here for scheduled
  • Jake'sGran
    • 23rd Sep 06, 6:42 PM
    • 23rd Sep 06, 6:42 PM
    It appears that if you are flying monarch scheduled then the allowance is 10 Kg but if it is monarch charter then it is only 5 Kg, hope this is helpful too you.
    see here for charter
    and here for scheduled
    by alanjuk
    Yes, this is correct. I checked earlier as we are going next week. The schedule service is great and they are very helpful to me as I have a health problem. I only use this service as the flight times are perfect for me i.e. 2pm leaving and eta UK on return is about the same.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,534Posts Today

5,667Users online

Martin's Twitter