Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    longandopenroad
    anyone heard of eversheds?
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:16 PM
    anyone heard of eversheds? 22nd Sep 06 at 5:16 PM
    i was made bankrupt in jan,and have been contacted by official receiever regarding early discharge about 2 1/2 mths ago.as far as i was aware it was all going through etc.but i have had a couple of letters from a company called EVERSHEDS telling me they have bought a couple of my debts off the original creditors.why would they buy them if theres a chance i am getting discharged soon,so they are unlikely to get any money?just wondered if anyone knew of this company,and do they buy soon to become discharged debtors debts,do they make money some how?
    automatic discharge 25th Jan 07
Page 1
  • savvykaz
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:33 PM
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:33 PM
    There is an Eversheds in Leeds and they are a firm of solicitors
    DMP starts June 2012, £38,180.

Balance June 2015 £26,046 (paid off 32%)

DMP mutual support thread no 434
  • longandopenroad
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:43 PM
    max recovery
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:43 PM
    sorry re read the letters,the debts have actually been sold to MAX recovery ltd.i still ask the same question,why would another collection agency buy the debt if there is a chance it will get written off
    • santana-mx3
    • By santana-mx3 22nd Sep 06, 5:47 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    santana-mx3
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:47 PM
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:47 PM
    As per Savvykaz's post, the Eversheds I have dealt with are a firm of solicitors (check http://www.eversheds.co.uk and see if the logo is the same).
  • longandopenroad
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:55 PM
    • 22nd Sep 06, 5:55 PM
    Hi Longandopen,

You need to give these letters to the OR immiediately. It's not your place (convieniantly) to communicate or address this company, Ever$hits they're known as. They're a 2-bit company which buys debts for pennies in the pound in the hope you should win the lottery.

Ohhh MAX recovery.

They sell these debts on as the companies concerned are useless. Nothing more, nothing less. It is WHOLLY inappropriate for them to do so.

Don't worry, this isn't a new debt and isn't viewed as such. They don't know that you're about to be discharged. The debt is gone, zilch, wiped out. Let the OR sort it out. As already said, given that you are bankcrupt, not only is it illegal (yes illegal) for them to request money from you, but it is also illegal for you to enter into communication with them. If you don't intend to give them any money, then you have nothing to say to them. Take the letters to the OR and forget about it.

This group here will be able to offer sound advice; http://www.debtquestions.co.uk/debt_forum/

Congratulations on the early discharge btw

Aly
    by ts_aly2000

many thanks for the info.i just couldnt work out why theyd buy a debt that could be written off very soon.but if like you say they do not know this,then that explains why. thanks again
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,313Posts Today

9,525Users online

Martin's Twitter