Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 22
    • bullshot
    • By bullshot 20th Jun 16, 6:28 PM
    • 4,015 Posts
    • 67,428 Thanks
    bullshot
    Please read the post directly above yours, and indeed the thread title.
    Originally posted by tomtontom
    Sorry if my post annoyed you but I did click on a link from MSE page re consumer rights which said if I needed help and advice 'click here'....sorry for being really thick and not reading the thread title.I assumed( wrongly it would seem) the link would direct me to the correct thread.As you are so quick to point out it was the wrong thread, why not try being really nice and help me locate the right thread.

I read other posts on here that asked for advice and they were given it , but admit I did not read the thread title.How I wish I was perfect.
    Last edited by bullshot; 20-06-2016 at 6:32 PM.
    • tomtontom
    • By tomtontom 20th Jun 16, 6:34 PM
    • 7,202 Posts
    • 16,355 Thanks
    tomtontom
    Sorry if my post annoyed you but I did click on a link from MSE page re consumer rights which said if I needed help and advice 'click here'....sorry for being really thick and not reading the thread title.I assumed( wrongly it would seem) the link would direct me to the correct thread.As you are so quick to point out it was the wrong thread, why not try being really nice and help me locate the right thread.
    Originally posted by bullshot
    You didn't annoy me. You should start a thread on this page:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173

Although on the information you posted you're not going to get much joy, your contract is with the shop you purchased from, not the manufacturer.
    • pigsmightfly
    • By pigsmightfly 31st Jul 16, 6:24 PM
    • 1,120 Posts
    • 722 Thanks
    pigsmightfly
    Return?
    If I bought something online over 90 days ago and a fault has appeared, can I return it?
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 31st Jul 16, 8:24 PM
    • 18,640 Posts
    • 15,521 Thanks
    wealdroam
    If I bought something online over 90 days ago and a fault has appeared, can I return it?
    Originally posted by pigsmightfly
    Please re-read the title of this thread.
    • Persondriving
    • By Persondriving 16th Sep 16, 6:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Persondriving
    Asda incompetent
    Asda charged me for items that were not delivered and didn't even notice.I complained and eventually got a refund but there was no apology. Also had a driver who parked on my drive although it was 2 small bags of shopping. There was plenty of space to park.

When I mentioned it to the driver, he laughed at me. I notified Asda, still waiting for the reply, whilst I shop at Aldi.
    Its important to check your receipt whether in store or against online purchases as there are often "mistakes" made. Also put everything in writing , when you complain.
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 16th Sep 16, 7:43 PM
    • 3,042 Posts
    • 8,354 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Asda charged me for items that were not delivered and didn't even notice.I complained and eventually got a refund but there was no apology. Also had a driver who parked on my drive although it was 2 small bags of shopping. There was plenty of space to park.

When I mentioned it to the driver, he laughed at me. I notified Asda, still waiting for the reply, whilst I shop at Aldi.
    Its important to check your receipt whether in store or against online purchases as there are often "mistakes" made. Also put everything in writing , when you complain.
    Originally posted by Persondriving
    1) this thread is not for asking questions - clearly stated in its title

2) you don't appear to have a consumer rights question. Their is actually a board called "praise, vent and warnings" where you can have a vent about the service you received.

3) can't see what the issue is with the van parking on your drive regardless of whether it was 2 bags or 20 the driver was delivering.
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 31st Oct 16, 2:34 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    We had an interesting experience today. Took an 8 month old defective item back to a shop for the second time, no problem with a refund, except it was purchased on a card that has been ceased and the account closed.

The shop claimed that under money laundering legislation they could only refund back to the account used for the original purchase and that we would have to contact the original card issuer to have them transfer the money to us!

There must be many instances where folks have changed banks or cards between making a purchase and needing a refund due to faulty goods...

Anyone been there?
    • LilElvis
    • By LilElvis 31st Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 3,042 Posts
    • 8,354 Thanks
    LilElvis
    Please start your own thread. This one isn't for asking questions - the clue is in the capitalisation in the title.
    • Frozen_up_north
    • By Frozen_up_north 31st Oct 16, 3:39 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    Frozen_up_north
    Consumer rights is in the title, give me a break
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 31st Oct 16, 3:40 PM
    • 18,640 Posts
    • 15,521 Thanks
    wealdroam
    Consumer rights is in the title, give me a break
    Originally posted by Frozen_up_north
    The title of this thread is:

Consumer Rights: MSE Article discussion (DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE)

The title of this forum board is The Consumer Rights Board
    Feel free to ask your question by starting a new thread.
    Last edited by wealdroam; 31-10-2016 at 3:42 PM.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 31st Oct 16, 10:41 PM
    • 3,442 Posts
    • 2,851 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    It even says 'do not ask consumer questions here' at the top of the page....
    • Katielm
    • By Katielm 29th Nov 16, 10:08 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Katielm
    Laptop broken
    My husband bought a laptop from buyitdirect.co.uk after 3 weeks the power button broke , we phoned them and sent the laptop back after 3 weeks and lots of phone calls that are expensive they said we had broke the power button and it would cost £259.30 to repair which I refused. They say they sent it to Lenovo. On Nov 16th they said they would return the laptop and we still haven't received it back . I contacted the ombudsman and they said they couldn't deal with it and referred us to somebody else who don't seem to be helping us as we've heard nothing back . I have no idea what to do now any help would be appreciated thankyou
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 29th Nov 16, 10:10 PM
    • 1,000 Posts
    • 2,572 Thanks
    Bogalot
    Katielm, please see the thread title, and the previous posts!
    • Jamcat
    • By Jamcat 9th Jul 17, 2:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jamcat
    Refund on a item brought from a high street store
    Dear Sir/ Madam

My sister purchased a pair of shoes for my birthday from a store on Bromley High Street, Kent on 3rd July 2017.

Unfortunately, the style of the shoe did not fit my feet properly, so I went to return these shoes with the receipt on 09th July 2017.

I live in Bexley and as my dad was visiting he was able to drive me down to the shop which is 35 minutes from where I live to return the item for a refund.

However, when I explained to the three young assistants behind the till, about the situation they stated they are unable to give me a refund and that they can only offer an exchange or credit note.

I then went on to explain that the shoes are not worn or damaged and I have returned it within 14 days with the receipt so why am I not entitled to a refund?

They explained it is their boss policy and they never offer refunds on all items. Annoyed by this response I stated I am sure this is against the law but they restated their policy over again.

I had a look around in the stall but nothing I really wanted caught my eyes. I tried on some garments which stated one size but as a plus size person their one size items did not fit nicely. In the end I just chose a dress which I know I am not going to wear and the assistant stated you now have £5.01 left to spend. So had to choose two earrings, which I am not going to wear which left £0.01, thankfully she didn't want to write me out a credit note for that amount.

But stated I am only buying these items out of protest as I feel it is a con to make someone purchase items they do not want as no option for a refund. She went on to state I could have a credit note again but explained as I don't live locally and have no means of transport at the moment a credit note would not be suitable. I questioned where is the notice, which states no refunds and it was near a corner and not really visible to be noticed by all customers purchasing goods. My sister was never notified that refunds will not be issued if in the event the shoes was not suitable, if fact my sister was horrified by the poor customer service she received.

I have these items now in a bag and wondering if I should donate to my local charity shop as my sister spent £22.00 on these shoes and is really saddens her that I have no gift.
    Please advise if you think I have any rights on this matter?

Thank you
    • naedanger
    • By naedanger 9th Jul 17, 3:01 PM
    • 2,180 Posts
    • 1,767 Thanks
    naedanger
    Dear Sir/ Madam

My sister purchased a pair of shoes for my birthday from a store on Bromley High Street, Kent on 3rd July 2017.

Unfortunately, the style of the shoe did not fit my feet properly, so I went to return these shoes with the receipt on 09th July 2017.

I live in Bexley and as my dad was visiting he was able to drive me down to the shop which is 35 minutes from where I live to return the item for a refund.

However, when I explained to the three young assistants behind the till, about the situation they stated they are unable to give me a refund and that they can only offer an exchange or credit note.

I then went on to explain that the shoes are not worn or damaged and I have returned it within 14 days with the receipt so why am I not entitled to a refund?

They explained it is their boss policy and they never offer refunds on all items. Annoyed by this response I stated I am sure this is against the law but they restated their policy over again.

I had a look around in the stall but nothing I really wanted caught my eyes. I tried on some garments which stated one size but as a plus size person their one size items did not fit nicely. In the end I just chose a dress which I know I am not going to wear and the assistant stated you now have £5.01 left to spend. So had to choose two earrings, which I am not going to wear which left £0.01, thankfully she didn't want to write me out a credit note for that amount.

But stated I am only buying these items out of protest as I feel it is a con to make someone purchase items they do not want as no option for a refund. She went on to state I could have a credit note again but explained as I don't live locally and have no means of transport at the moment a credit note would not be suitable. I questioned where is the notice, which states no refunds and it was near a corner and not really visible to be noticed by all customers purchasing goods. My sister was never notified that refunds will not be issued if in the event the shoes was not suitable, if fact my sister was horrified by the poor customer service she received.

I have these items now in a bag and wondering if I should donate to my local charity shop as my sister spent £22.00 on these shoes and is really saddens her that I have no gift.

Thank you
    Originally posted by Jamcat
    Unfortunately you (and your sister) have no right to a refund. When an item is bought in a shop you have no right to a refund unless the item is inherently faulty or the shop promised you would have a right to a refund.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 9th Jul 17, 3:05 PM
    • 9,730 Posts
    • 6,755 Thanks
    neilmcl

Thank you
    Originally posted by Jamcat
    Did you not read the title of this thread, particularly the following "DO NOT ASK CONSUMER QUESTIONS HERE".

Please start a new thread if you want to discuss your issue.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,811Posts Today

8,962Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin