Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Vodafone 1Gb No Expiry Sim
    • 23rd Aug 10, 8:31 PM
    Vodafone 1Gb No Expiry Sim 23rd Aug 10 at 8:31 PM
    If anyone can help I have a question regarding PAYG Mobile Broadband, and the Vodafone older option of the 1Gb version with no expiry.

I would like to have the option of mobile broadband on my Netbook when I am away from home, but know my usage will be very minimal and can't justify a monthly ongoing cost. The older Vodafone 1Gb with no expiry would be absolutely ideal for me.

I have noticed the Sim card for this (1Gb/no expiry) on ebay . Has anyone got any experience of this and whether you find you are suddenly on the newer 30 day limit when your 1Gb usage runs out and you go to top up?

As this is I Sim card only deal, I had thought about buying one of the newer versions (3Gb/30 Day expiry) in order to get the USB dongle to use with the older Sim card, but don't know if it will work and provide the ongoing 'no expiry' option. For the set up cost of both with a no expiry date, I feel this is worth it to me if used long term.
    Can anyone advise if you can use the newer version USB dongle with the older Sim, and achieve the 'no expiry' equivalent?
    I have read info. on Vodafone's own forum that suggest no and also yes.

Can anyone advise on the above?

Much appreciated in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,599Posts Today

9,081Users online

Martin's Twitter