Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 10th Aug 10, 9:13 PM
    • 360Posts
    • 852Thanks
    Sessie
    Changing our lives....
    • 10th Aug 10, 9:13 PM
    Changing our lives.... 10th Aug 10 at 9:13 PM
    Hey all,

New to posting but have been lurking for quite a while now and am really impressed with everyone's ideas and dedication to sorting out their finances.

Whilst we don't have HUGE debts, we are just finding that things are becoming tighter and I've been inspired by so much I've read here that I think will help ease the pressure on our family.

Basic details are: I am married with twins - a boy and a girl who turned 2 recently, the result of 2 private IVF attempts (oh they TELL you everyone gets at least one free go on the NHS, utter rubbish!).

Hubby works full time (with quite a lot of overtime) and I work part time. My parents look after the children when I'm at work so we have no childcare costs which is great.

So we have £5k on the credit card, which was for the second IVF - we are paying more than the minimum payment every month but it just doesn't seem to be going down. We NEVER use the card for anything else, we just got it for the IVF and have not once been tempted to use it for anything else.

Apart from our mortgage that's pretty much it - I owe my mum £130 as she paid a rather large unexpected dentist's bill for me - but that will be repaid at the end of August. That's really where we come in...

I was hit by that dentist bill and realised that, despite being 40 we have NO savings, nothing to fall back on if something goes wrong. When it was just the two of us that was OK but now? We have the children and a responsibility to be able to feed, clothe and keep a roof over their heads no matter what. We had just been living month to month and kind of hoping that everything would be OK. Also, we weren't exactly "careful" when we shopped - we bought brands, we impulse bought, we bought things we already had in because we didn't check first... and then when we got to the till, wondered how the shop had come to £250 every fortnight!

I realised that we have to become WAY more savvy - and so I've been almost LIVING on these forums collecting ideas, recipes and inspiration from all of you.

I will be back in the next few days (children permitting! They are on the go from dawn til dusk and a lot of nights I'm too tired to get online!) with details of the first few things I've been doing to try to rein in our spending and start to take more responsibility and create a backup account and also just generally start living a more sensible and frugal life. That's not to say we were living it up before, just... we were living for today... which isn't great in the long run when you end up paying for it tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...

I hope this is the right place for this diary, like I say we're not drowning in debt but we are starting to find it difficult to meet our outgoings each month now we have the children and don't have two full time incomes any more. This is more of a "prevention" act on my part than a "recovery", but I'd much rather be here, having faced it NOW... than in the recovery a year down the line.

x
Page 12
  • Pinky15
    Hi Sessie - another one here enjoying reading your diary. You get sooo much done. I have upped my hours recently but soon am going to reduce them, as I seem to have no time to do anything.

Nov 2012 - Loan £1200, CC1 £1450
    CC2 £1300, CC3 £100
    Next £200

I will get rid!!!!
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 27th Feb 13, 11:43 AM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Ended up walking down to the factory sweet shop before I picked the children up from school on Monday. They had boxes of butter popcorn (in bags to do in the microwave - four bags per box) for 50p!! So I bought 4 boxes - that's the next 16 Friday Night is Film Night snacks sorted for £2! . The children stay up later on a Friday and we get blankets and pillows and all snuggle up together and watch something whilst nibbling.

Went to the dentist yesterday and she repaired the tooth for now (cost £60 which was pretty good as it was crumbling to bits) - it should last a good few months but it eventually needs root canal work and a cap on. Estimated cost? £600! . I asked whether it would be easier/cheaper just to take it out but as it's right at the front it would be pretty unsightly and not easy to make a bridge to replace it so... *sigh* guess I have something to save for in that last tin I bought!

I've been thinking for a few weeks now about maybe getting a job a couple of nights a week maybe in the garage shop or one of the restaurants that's close by - perhaps I need to do more than just think about it now! I don't know if I'd just be too tired though, what with working 3 days one week and 4 the next alternately AND running the house AND having the twins. Also, not sure how I'd work that when Mr S works away for the whole week, which he's been doing a lot recently.

Also, need to find out whether it'd actually be worth it - as I'd be taxed on the income so might end up tiring myself out for maybe an extra £20 a week. Hmm...

Am currently sitting in agony, not able to do ANYTHING I had planned as I put my back out yesterday morning too. I bent down to fasten Boychild's coat zip and BAM! Disc popped out. Can't remember if I've explained before but I slipped two discs about 15 years ago and it just "goes" a few times a year, sometimes from the most minor of movements. Was in tremendous pain all day - was taking me two or three full minutes just to stand up out of my chair to go to the loo or get a drink. Took too many painkillers and just lay in bed (still in pain) too wired to sleep and having the most RANDOM thoughts!

Tried to go into work this morning but was sick as soon as I got there, partly with pain, partly with too many painkillers. Luckily my Manager knows I don't swing the lead and as soon as he saw me told me to get home again. So I'm just having a quick flick around the net now and then I'm going to try and get some sleep. Mum and dad are going to keep the children at theirs for tonight as I just wouldn't be able to cope with them. I wouldn't be able to bath them or undress them tonight or sit on the floor and read bedtime stories and I certainly wouldn't be able to walk them to the bus tomorrow, carrying all their school stuff. Sometimes they dash off ahead and I have to run after them and catch their hand before they get near the road, not risking that happening and not being able to keep them safe.

Didn't manage to put £20 in the savings tin, only £10 as I had to get a taxi home from work today which cost £10. Still, the amount is still going up!

Meals yesterday and today from stores so that's still going well.

Bit of a boring one today and something of a "poor me" one too! Sorry!
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
    • tattycath
    • By tattycath 27th Feb 13, 1:43 PM
    • 6,803 Posts
    • 35,741 Thanks
    tattycath
    Hope you're feeling better soon. ((hugs))
    GE 36 *MFD
    MFIT-T4 No 106
    Mortgage overpayments: August: £203.90
    July : £5.05/£200 grocery 1/7/17 £98.36/£150
    Emergency savings £67.00/£2000
    Savercard Christmas savings £60
    12/3/17 175lb - 15/3/17 173lb - 28/6/17 167lb - 14/7/17 164lb - 12/9/17 160lb
  • BubblyBo
    Hope that bad back feels better soon.
    Love reading your diary, you are so motivated.
    • tattycath
    • By tattycath 28th Feb 13, 12:17 AM
    • 6,803 Posts
    • 35,741 Thanks
    tattycath
    I'm implementing your idea about shopping locally- It's working for us. -Especially when Mr tc goes to the shop as it comes out of his ready cash, not mine. Joking aside, this means I can make more overpayments on things, whereas if I paid for the small shopping trips my lovely Mr tc would not think to overpay something.
    GE 36 *MFD
    MFIT-T4 No 106
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 28th Feb 13, 10:19 AM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Thanks for your good wishes guys.

Currently waiting for the doctor to ring me. I am in so much pain it's ridiculous. I can't go on like this. Hoping she might send me to hospital to see if something.. ANYTHING can be done. The children are supposed to be coming back tonight and there's just NO WAY I can look after them.
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
    • tattycath
    • By tattycath 28th Feb 13, 12:00 PM
    • 6,803 Posts
    • 35,741 Thanks
    tattycath
    Thanks for your good wishes guys.

Currently waiting for the doctor to ring me. I am in so much pain it's ridiculous. I can't go on like this. Hoping she might send me to hospital to see if something.. ANYTHING can be done. The children are supposed to be coming back tonight and there's just NO WAY I can look after them.
    Originally posted by Sessie
    (((hugs))) hope the dr can do something to ease your pain.
    GE 36 *MFD
    MFIT-T4 No 106
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 1st Mar 13, 7:13 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Things are NOT good.

Spent over four hours in A&E yesterday being poked, prodded and asked a million questions (all of which they could have got from my notes but hey...). In the end, despite my doctor saying I needed an urgent scan (as I couldn't feel it when I was.. uh... passing water, which is apparently a big red flag with back problems) they didn't do one as they said whatever the result it wouldn't change what they were planning to do. Which was basically pack me off home with a load of drugs. .

They've given me diazepam which is SUPPOSED to relieve the horrendous spasm the whole of my back is in. I had a big dose yesterday and have taken two smaller ones today and the pain hasn't changed a BIT. Have hardly been able to even walk around the living room today, barely slept again last night and the pain is just unbearable. I have horrible sciatic pain down both my legs, the toes on my right foot are just numb and cold, my neck and shoulders are really achy and tight from having to press down with my hands to get up out of the chair, on and off the loo and generally press along the wall to walk anywhere in the house. I have a headache which is mostly from holding myself all tense but I CAN'T relax at all.

I've only got enough diazepam for tomorrow and Sunday, I can see us having to go back to A&E on Sunday to beg for some more and them just saying, "See your GP on Monday" - because yeah, getting in to see your GP on the same day you ring is THAT easy....

I have been told by various GPs and Consultants over the last five years or so that I need an operation and it will solve most if not all of my back issues but every time I am referred for it, the PCT deny me and say they don't have the money. The private cost is £22,500 so there's no chance in hell I can fund it myself. It's a NIGHTMARE trying to look after twin 4 year olds, work and run a house when your other half works away for weeks on end when my back goes like this. I'm lucky that I have family close by who help out immensely but it's just infuriating that I can't get the help I so desperately need. If I was on heroin, I'd get methadone. If I'd had a boob job and wanted the implants out, I'd get that. Both of those things are CHOICE, my back problem isn't. It just seems so unfair.

Anyway, on the bright side, I have a huge pile of magazines and some of the books I got for Christmas that I can sit and read over the next few days (difficult to concentrate for long when the pain is this bad hence magazines rather than books) and as the pain is making me feel sick, I barely want to eat so I'll lose a bit of weight and also my stores will last longer! Gotta look for the silver lining eh?

Finally, we cancelled Sky last night and have bought a Humax (FreeSat plus - has all the Sky things like pause, rewind live TV etc...). It cost £250 but there's no subscription fee after that. Sky was costing us £34 a month and as our machine was playing up they were going to charge us some ridiculous fee to replace it so in the long-run this is going to be better. We had the £250 in a savings account so it's freed up £34 a month from now on. We hardly watch TV ourselves and most of the children's channels are still on FreeSat so it made sense.

Mr S and the children are going bowling tomorrow with some of his family (paid for by the Tesco voucher exchange!) but I'll have to stay home as there's no way I can even sit on the seats there to watch.

I think the only outlay we'll have in the next few days is another prescription charge for me, if they will even give me any more diazepam and we need a costume for Boychild for World Book Day on Wednesday. Girlchild has a witch costume from Halloween so she can be the witch from Room On The Broom. I seem to think one of the supermarkets sell Mr Men costumes so I'll send Mr S out on Sunday to try to find one of those for him.

Anyway, can't sit with the laptop any longer, too hurty so I'll sign off for now.
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
    • tattycath
    • By tattycath 2nd Mar 13, 12:01 AM
    • 6,803 Posts
    • 35,741 Thanks
    tattycath
    (((Hugs))) can you not go to a and e and tell them you can't cope, your toes are numb and they must surely do something? Quite frankly I find it disgusting that they have just packed you off home with obviously ineffective pain relief. I really hope the hospitals GPs etc will sort this out for you soon. X
    If they won't help you at a and e over the weekend I would go to the drs on Monday and tell them you need medical attention urgently and refuse to move until someone sees you, you can't go on like this. It"s pants.
    Last edited by tattycath; 02-03-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    GE 36 *MFD
    MFIT-T4 No 106
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 2nd Mar 13, 7:57 AM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    I was screaming the place down on Thursday Cath (A&E) but the doc said although he KNOWS I need the operation, if the PCT have said no there's not a chance I'll get it so there wasn't even any point in doing the scan.

The letter I got back from them said I didn't show "sufficient need" to have it! I mean, you know I have to have time off work regularly, I can't care for my children or do anything in my house but apparently that's not "sufficient need".

My dad is furious too, he's all for writing to our MP and the local paper and everything! Thing is, I know there are many other people in as bad if not worse a position than me and that the funds are just not there so it's a bit of a no-win situation.

Hopefully the diazepam will start to kick in today and the spasm will relax a bit and the disc will move back into place. Then it's just a case of having a week off to let it settle down again. The children are going to go back to mum's in the week next week but I need them home this weekend as I missed them so much last week. I needed them to be away due to my total inability to do ANYTHING but I really did miss them.

Have just taken painkillers and this morning's dose of diazepam and am feeling a bit nauseous and light-headed, think I should have had some breakfast first. Probably will be back later.
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
  • Pinky15
    Sending hugs also - how awful. I know family members who suffer from back pain and its terrible and that's without little ones to look after. x

Nov 2012 - Loan £1200, CC1 £1450
    CC2 £1300, CC3 £100
    Next £200

I will get rid!!!!
  • BubblyBo
    Sending hugs to you.....must be so awful to be in so much pain and no light at the end of the tunnel.
    • tattycath
    • By tattycath 5th Mar 13, 9:48 PM
    • 6,803 Posts
    • 35,741 Thanks
    tattycath
    Hi Sessie. How are you? Hope you are feeling better. ((hugs)) xx
    GE 36 *MFD
    MFIT-T4 No 106
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 7th Mar 13, 2:05 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Thanks for all your good wishes.

It's FINALLY starting to ease off a bit, should be back at work next week though I'll be taking it easy for a few days yet. Will be making YET another appt with my GP to see whether we can get any further regarding the operation but I'm not holding out any hope.

Not much to report on the moneysaving/house front as obviously I've just been sitting around reading and watching TV - still, have now watched everything that was backed up on the Sky box so we can now get rid of that (well, keep it in the garage as a back up in case the new FreeSat one ever dies on us!). Am really impressed with the new box, have already set up some new recordings and series links and watched something on iPlayer and given I'm not the most tech-savvy person, the fact I've been able to work that out without even referencing the booklet speaks volumes about how easy it is to work.

Bought a few snack type things for the children today - all reduced or on offers at the local Co-op and some milk and sugar. Still don't need anything else so spending is right down to a minimum.

Hopefully will be back with something worth saying in the next few days, once things get back to normal.
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 9th Mar 13, 7:45 AM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Still in a good deal of pain, made a rather rash promise to work that I'd go back on Tuesday, now wondering about how wise that was.

Will be trying to get a doc's appointment on Monday - partly to have a rant about how this can't just go on indefinitely and also to get a sick note for work - maybe he/she (you never know who you'll see at my surgery!) will tell me it's too early to go back and give me one for longer - at least then work will have it on doc's advice that I can't go back then. It's been really quiet at work so it's not like they'll be suffering for me not having been there but I always feel guilty being off so at least if I get a doc's note I'll feel a bit "better" about remaining off.

Managed to make tea from stores last night - we usually have a "fish and chips" Friday but I made the chips from spuds we had in and the kids and Mr S had some sausages from the freezer. I just had the rest of the tin of spaghetti that the kids didn't have as I'm not very hungry at the moment given I'm just sitting about all day and not burning any energy off (except in swearing fits!! ).

We are going to ma-in-law's today so I can just sit and talk while the children play and then later we have a birthday party for one of the children in their class but it's at a soft play place near home so again I can just sit and have a coffee (wait.... more likely to be a hot chocolate!) while they run around. Quite pleased it's late in the day (4-6) as by the time we get home and into pyjamas they should be quite tired so hopefully bedtime will be easy.

Need to go to supermarket for a few things today (mainly fresh stuff and a new water bottle for school as Girlchild has lost the lid to hers) so off to write a list. Children currently happy playing computer games (only on a weekend) and Mr S still snoring his head off (I do mornings, he does bedtimes).

Let's see if I get a "surprise" lie-in in the morning.... * cynical face*.

Thank you for all of your good wishes, it's nice to see.
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
  • BubblyBo
    Good to see your posts returning to normal.
    Sorry to hear that you are in so much pain still. I would certainly make sure the GP knows that you are not able to continue like this and the powers that me are making you unable to enjoy a normel life by refusing the op.
    Take care
    Try to be Happy while saving money!
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 22nd Mar 13, 10:41 AM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Thanks Bo,

Have been back to the docs and there's just no chance of me having the op. He says there's just no point even writing (again) to the Exceptions Panel to try to plead my case, the money just isn't there. I can't even ask to go to another area as the lack of funds is effective everywhere.

Still, my back is waaay better than it was. I'm on a TON of medication now but it IS better. I am going back to work NEXT week for sure.

We are still pretty much living out of the freezer and cupboards although the freezer is now getting on the low side so we will need to do a shop maybe in two or three weeks. I will be doing a meal plan based on what's left and what I can get from that great butchers I go to locally though.

My savings tin has had a few notes stashed away in it lately too. Mr S hasn't realised that as Girlchild is now taking packups we are only paying half the school dinner money every week so I'm stashing away £10 a week each week as I take out £20 to cover them both. Bless, if he actually thought about it he'd realise but ... all the more for me to save and produce at the end of November with a flourish eh?!

Plan, possibly for next week, to ease myself into moving around a bit more, is to sort out my clothes and get rid of either "don'f fit" or "know I won't wear again"s - probably to the charity shop as I can drop them off at the same time I go to the butchers.

Also, need a ride out to B and M - will ask my older sis as she loves going there for cheap stuff too!

So, all in all, things are slowly getting back to normal and I'll be setting myself a few more challenges and whatnot soon.
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 3rd Jul 17, 8:40 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    So, been gone a little while ((!) but am back now. Have been a regular lurker the past few years but as things are "all change" chez Sessie, I think it's time to start recording things again!!

We saw a mortgage advisor this past weekend with a view to moving to a bigger house. The twins are now almost 9 and with them being boy/girl they can't continue sharing a room indefinitely. Plus, we need a dining room/somewhere for them to do homework as the kitchen table is only very small and not really suitable. The house generally just isn't big enough any more.

There's also the question of my work. They are relocating next year and I can't follow them as it's too far away. Mr Sessie works away nearly all the time so they need at least one parent to be seen during the week! I work part time and am currently waiting to see whether I can work from home (fingers crossed, REALLY don't want to have to start looking for a new job now, have been with my employer for 20 years) so another room where I could do that from would really help.

I'm still quite the "yellow sticker" lady and rarely go shopping without checking what we have in and a list handy but we are going to have to rein ourselves in a bit more as most lenders now don't offer interest only mortgages (which we currently have, along with quite a good amount of equity so we know we can pay the current one off when we sell our house and still have a great deposit to put down on the next one) but most now insist on capital AND interest so the monthly payments are going to rise considerably. Having spoken to the advisor, we can afford the payments on the type of property we are looking at but as I say, things will be tighter so this is my record of how we are going to get there.

I did post last week on the Decluttering thread but as my remit is now more than just "getting rid" of stuff, I thought it would be better to reopen my diary. So here I am! Going to post this now (as I remember WELL typing reams of text and then losing it when trying to post!) so I'll be back in a few!!
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 3rd Jul 17, 8:54 PM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Today I got Mr Sessie (one of the few days he's actually home!) to go into the attic and get down our two massive files with all our paperwork in. We are going to need to sort out all the documents the mortgage advisor needs for proof of income, policies etc.. and I also need to thin it down as I reckon I have documents going back about ten years!! That's a job for next week as I'm on holiday from work and I can spread papers all over the living room floor whist I watch Wimbledon!!

I also went into the children's wardrobe and pulled out all the clothes that no longer fit. There was a lot!!! Have just bought bin bags to put them all in so I can get them stored. I was going to charity shop them but as I have a TON (and I really mean a ton! Think TWO of the mahossive Ikea bags FULL to brimming) of books that I also need to offload, I am thinking of having a car boot sale. Even if I only make £50, that's £50 more than if I just gave it all away. Before I make a final decision, I need to have an evening checking out what I'd get for the books on Music Magpie and/or Ziffit but I did check a few today and it doesn't seem like much, even for pretty new books so maybe the boot sale is more likely. There are lot of big ones near to us so... we'll see.

I was lucky enough to win a product test for some Sanctuary products on another website recently (which was fab as I LOVE their stuff but usually only get it with birthday/Christmas money as it's quite expensive) and I've got the comping bug again so have gone in for a few competitions over the last few days. Hey, not in it can't win it and they were email entry ones so no cost!

In the decluttering vein I also went through my email inbox and unsubscribed from a load of sites that bombard me with daily emails and drive me mad popping up on my phone every five minutes.

I'm inventorying my freezer and cupboards and trying to eat from them for as long as we can (there is a LOT of stuff in them!) but will still need to shop for fresh stuff, fruit, veg, meat, milk etc.. especially as the children both take packed lunches, but will be looking for best prices as always.

I need to pull everything out of the airing cupboard and be honest about what we need to keep and what we don't. We have a lot of REALLY old sheets and towels that I always shove to the back because they're so threadbare so I might donate them to an animal shelter and ask for replacements for presents.

The same applies to my kitchen cupboards (utensils etc). I have a lot of things I never use so again, need to pare down to what we need.

The childrens' are is more difficult because obviously they want to keep EVERYTHING, even things they haven't played with for ages so I think a little duplicity is required. This means moving them into storage in the garage and if they're not mentioned for a few months, out they go!!

We are still a ways away from actually moving, we need to get all the paperwork sorted and submitted to get the mortgage offer, get the few final bits of prettifying our current house finished, so we can get it on the market and the minor thing of FINDING ANOTHER HOUSE TO MOVE INTO!! However, what I'm keen to avoid is carting a whole load of STUFF to the new place. I figure if I start now - and have this place as my reckoning - I'll be well on my way to achieving that.

So, MSE, Sessie is back!! Bring it on!!
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
    • Sessie
    • By Sessie 8th Jul 17, 10:43 AM
    • 360 Posts
    • 852 Thanks
    Sessie
    Have made a shopping list which is JUST the fresh things and staples that we need (fruit, veg, milk, cat food, bread etc...) and also things that will make up meals from the meat and other things I have in the fridge and freezer. Am going shopping after work (where I am now) so let's see how good I am at sticking to the list!! It was quite scary NOT writing a list as long as my arm as I was going to check cupboards etc.. before I added something and often we have enough to last us the week. Normally I'd maybe have two deodorants in but buy another with the justification of "it'll get used...". No more of that Sessie!!

I am doing a version of the Grocery Challenge in that I'm going to keep the receipt from today and from any other spends in the next month to see EXACTLY where our money is going and then try to reduce it by, say, 10% per month.

I've also started a list of "things I spend on every week" - ie bus fares to and from school/work (sometimes we walk to school depending on the weather but it's over 2 miles so it doesn't always happen with two reluctant 8 year olds!!), Slimming World (this is important to me, if I go to the class I'm much more motivated to stick to it), the childrens' pocket money, fresh things we run out of during the week (need to get into the habit of ONLY taking enough to the local shop to get THAT specific thing!!). I will total that up and then allow myself an extra £10 for the first couple of weeks as there's bound to be something I've not thought of. My plan is to take that amount out of the bank on a weekend and have it in my purse and then try not to use the debit card for anything for as long as I can. I thought about taking the card out of my purse but worry that something could happen in an emergency when I might need it. I'm pretty sure I'm strong enough to see it through but time will tell and if I'm not, then yes, the card will be left at home!

I'm keen to see how much per week doing the above will save us. I have an internal competition in my head as to how quickly I can get the balance in that account up to £1,000 (it's NEVER in the red, but sometimes it's quite close to the lower end of the black!).

As for work, well I'll be being made redundant at some point but we don't know when yet. I think it will be early Spring next year so another reason to rein in and back our savings up. I knew it was highly possible so I'm not surprised. I'm sad, I love my job but it is what it is. I can mope around but it won't change anything. I know roughly what redundancy I'll get and it will see us through for quite a few months, although I will start temping as soon as I leave my current job until I find another. I'm also not worried about finding another as I will do whatever it takes to earn my share. I've never been out of work in my life and don't plan on it now!

Going to post this and then add some more, always worry that I'm going to lose a massive block of text as it's happened more than once on here!
    Sealed Pot 5 number 1544
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

626Posts Today

5,929Users online

Martin's Twitter