Main site > Forums > Who & Where are You? > Disability & Dosh > holiday fund for disabled adults and families (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to

  • Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

    Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

  • No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
holiday fund for disabled adults and families
Closed Thread
Views: 4,874
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
# 1
Old 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 39
Default holiday fund for disabled adults and families

can anyone help i have heard that disabled children's families can claim family fund for holidays but what about disabled adults i can not find anything for adults please can someone help thanks
tripp_989 is offline
Report Post
# 2
Old 07-08-2010, 1:04 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,316

Travel/Holiday Contacts for Disabled People
The link above is from and has a list of charities/organisations which may be able to help. Your local council may also have a fund which could help.
MrsManda is offline
Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsManda For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Old 07-08-2010, 5:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,258

your local disability information officer (our is social work)
may be able to help source and apply for you.
wolfehouse is offline
Report Post
# 4
Old 07-08-2010, 6:44 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: lanarkshire
Posts: 896

our local social work give give you a 100 to help toward a holiday,,I dont know anything else but will be looking at the link posted
colin13 is offline
Report Post
# 5
Old 07-08-2010, 8:23 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 945

the family fund offer help to families with children from birth to 18 years of age.
put family fund in Google and you can fill in the form on line.if its a first application then they send a social worker out to check that you have a disabled child and ask a few questions.

dizzybee is offline
Report Post
# 6
Old 07-08-2010, 8:45 PM
MoneySaving Convert
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 39

hi its myself who is disabled but thanks for the information about family fund and thank you everyone else for your replies
tripp_989 is offline
Report Post
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

 Forum Jump  

Contact Us - - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 1:20 AM.

 Forum Jump  

Free MoneySaving Email

Top deals: Week of 16 April 2014

Get all this & more in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email full of guides, vouchers and Deals

GET THIS FREE WEEKLY EMAIL Full of deals, guides & it's spam free

Latest News & Blogs

Martin's Twitter Feed

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Weekly email:Free breaking bad, top shares ISA, HOT bband deal ending, 2.5% cash ISA, Tesco wine sale, £10 champers.. h?
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Ovivo closure: MSE?s reported the mobile firm to authorities. If you?ve been affected, here?s how you can complain http?
  • Right switching off Twitter now. Going back offline. Thanks to those of both sides tweets for making it a more enjoyable watch.

Cheap Travel Money

Find the best online rate for holiday cash with MSE's TravelMoneyMax.

Find the best online rate for your holiday cash with MoneySavingExpert's TravelMoneyMax.

TuneChecker Top Albums


MSE's Twitter Feed

Always remember anyone can post on the MSE forums, so it can be very different from our opinion.
We use Skimlinks and other affiliated links in some of our boards, for some of our users.