Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    vix0112
    Crail car boot sale in Fife
    • 2nd Aug 10, 12:11 PM
    Crail car boot sale in Fife 2nd Aug 10 at 12:11 PM
    Hi,
    I'm planning to be a 1st time car boot seller.
    Does anyone know which Sunday's Crail holds them? I know it's every second Sunday but which ones? The web site doesn't have much info.

Also, anyone got any tips?
    I'm really just looking to have a bit of a clear out & make any extra money that I can. Any rules about what's the best items to sell? What won't sell etc?
    How do I price things?

I normally give everything away on freecycle or to charity shops but a friend recently talked me into a car boot sale.

So far I have lots of books & DVD, the books are all great condition with me buying them brand new and reading them only once and most of the DVD's are unopened still in cellophane! (We never got around to watching them before we migrated to Blu-rays!) A good few box set ones aswell.
    Will things like handbags sell, I have a few of these?
    We also have a few computer type bits & bobs & even an xbox?

Lastly, is there anything worth buying to re-sell and tempt buyers over with?

All tips welcome but please no cheeky comments
    Last edited by vix0112; 02-08-2010 at 3:29 PM.
Page 1
  • suzybloo
    • 5th Aug 10, 7:35 AM
    • 5th Aug 10, 7:35 AM
    Sorry havent any idea about when they hold their car boot sales, but would definately look at selling your items especially the xbox, handbags and dvd sets on ebay. You will probably find buyers at the boot sale want things for pennies as they are just having a day out or are looking to buy to sell things on, but on ebay they are more than likely looking for a specific item and would be prepared to pay more. I have found this in the past, 9 times out of ten you never get the price you are asking.

good luck
    This year so far:

grocery spending jan : 125 - 148 spent :
    feb 160 - 42.33 upto 06/02
    Incidentals jan 100 -102 spent :feb 80
    Ebay earnings 2015 - 12-> 06/02
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

263Posts Today

1,152Users online

Martin's Twitter