Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 1
  • andrew-b
    • 27th Jul 10, 10:02 AM
    • 27th Jul 10, 10:02 AM
    Though i've never tried it, I'm doubtful it will adhere very well or leave a very nice finish. I wouldn't try it myself as it will make you much more work if it starts to peel off.
    If your worried about drying times get a can of water-based paint suitable for wood equivalent to your not a big fan of water-based myself but it dries in a couple of hours. Costs just under 11 for a 750ml can of Dulux water-based gloss/satinwood/eggshell which should cover upto 12 square metres
    • phill99
    • By phill99 27th Jul 10, 2:10 PM
    • 7,184 Posts
    • 6,288 Thanks
    • 27th Jul 10, 2:10 PM
    • 27th Jul 10, 2:10 PM
    Masonary Paint isn't ideal for concrete floors / stairs as it isn't designed to take foot traffic, so therefore will wear off pretty quickly. ideally you should be using floor paint for this, which is specificially designed for concrete floors.

Again Masonary paint isn't an ideal candidate for timber due to its adhesion qualities. The clue's in title.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,551Posts Today

7,896Users online

Martin's Twitter