Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Armorel
    Vodafone overcharging
    • 24th Jul 10, 11:53 AM
    Vodafone overcharging 24th Jul 10 at 11:53 AM
    My son is currently battling Vodafone who have been overcharging him for his mobile broadband to the extent that he literally has no money in his bank account to pay the direct debit. He is working part time but also on reduced benefits and his income is pretty low.

He was a customer of Vodafone for a year, on a good tariff, and not once did he go over his allotted download limit. He was an examplary customer and gave them no trouble.

When that contract expired, he suddenly found it was four times what he'd originally signed up for and decided to cancel the contract.

Vodafone called him and tempted him with a new contract (I believe it is an 18 month contract) so he agreed to sign up again. Since then he has had endless problems.

Basically, the software monitoring program that Vodafone provided with the mobile broadband dongle is telling him that he has not exceeded his 3Gb download limit but they are billing him for as much as 16G of internet usage a month
    He has written several letters, the dongle has been back for checking, he's had to get help from the Citizens Advice Bureau but Vodafone are dragging their feet rather than sorting this out.

The upshot is this - he simply CANNOT afford to pay £100 a month for internet access when he signed up for a £15 a month contract with 3Gb download limit. He disputes the huge download charges that Vodafone are levying on him.

Vodafone insists that he telephone them directly to discuss this but he can't afford to be kept hanging around for twenty minutes on their helpline because he only has a mobile phone not a landline. It seems to me that Vodafone is going to extract money from him whatever he does

He's been forced to cancel his direct debit because, if Vodafone keep taking out £100 a month, he won't be able to pay his rent or buy food. He had absolutely no choice in this matter and we are desperately worried that he will get into serious financial and legal trouble because of it.

He is Asperger Syndrome and has already had a breakdown in the past. This situation is getting him down and we are desperately worried for his health. PLEASE can a Vodafone representative get in touch with me by private message on this forum so I can help him resolve this dreadful situation.

Thank you,

Armorel
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

208Posts Today

1,451Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning! Twitter's app update's outrageously reset autoplay video settings, so you eat data at speed. Full help http://t.co/42tOE1EagR RT

• RT @Harry_Bhoy: @MartinSLewis Saved my gran £323 by changing her electricity provider,and haggled her free broadband from Virgin worth £264?

• RT @OfficialChops: @MartinSLewis Hello, Rio HD is free on sky store 'buy and keep'. Today Only. You DO NOT have to have a sky movies subsc?

• Follow Martin