Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    climbintheladderouttadebt
    RCM - Dodgy Debt Collectors?
    • 23rd Jul 10, 1:51 PM
    RCM - Dodgy Debt Collectors? 23rd Jul 10 at 1:51 PM
    I'm tackling some debts for a friend. Just last month, a company called RCM contacted her, via a bright yellow postcard, with some info but not many details.

(RECEIVED 22 JUNE 2010)

It stated someone would be visiting the family home on Tuesday (that day, from what I remember) between 9am & 9pm. The contact listed was M Owen 0870 240 4582
    Registered in England No. 4215488
    Postage paid Birmingham 4308
    Reference number 1074418 (printed on address side)

(original thread here

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2549753&highlight=

Now, the company have been back in contact and it turns out to be someone else. A letter dated 14 July explains who their client is and the amount owed. That's fine. However, some things differ from the postcard, such as the 'Registered in England No.' and the reference number.

On the card it said 'Registered in England No. 4215488' and 'Reference number 1074418'

On the letter it said 'Registered in England No. 2136169' and 'Reference number Y307110'.

Has anyone got any experience with these people? Ideally I'd like to set up a payment plan on friend's behalf (by letter ONLY). But I'd like to complain about their tactics and wondered if they may be mis-representing themselves or have acted unfairly in any way for us to complain about?

Any ideas if we have a complaint here or anything to worry about?

Many thanks!
    I've got nothing else but I've got my family.
    Mum to Moo age 6, Wills aged 3. 2nd wedding anniversary 11/13!

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

157Posts Today

2,014Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin