Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    islandhealer
    Argos Television Warranty
    • 20th Jul 10, 8:53 AM
    Argos Television Warranty 20th Jul 10 at 8:53 AM
    Hi

I recently purchased a Sony Television from Argos. This was advertised with a three year guarantee.

The television was delivered on 21 June and I only found out on 3 July that there should have been a special leaflet in the box that was Argos/Sony warranty that had to be sent off recorded delivery within 30 days.

Since then I have been in contact with Argos to get this missing leaflet. They keep saying it is Sony's responsibility. But when I contact Sony they say they can't send it out as it is a special warranty between Argos and Sony and it is up to Argos to sort it out.

I sent a recorded delivery letter to Argos that was not even acknowledged. Then sent an email and was told by Argos on the 3 July that they had contacted Sony and the leaflet/warranty would arrive in 14 days.

Nothing has arrived, so I e-mailed Argos yesterday to be told it has nothing to do with them and I have to contact Sony????

By the time I get this warranty leaflet or if I ever do, it will out of the 30 day limit.

Does anyone know the Head Office of Argos or the Complaints Managers address as no-one else seems to know what they are talking about.

Thank you for your help.
    I would
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,507Posts Today

6,570Users online

Martin's Twitter