Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • cyberbob
    • #2
    • 13th Jul 10, 1:00 PM
    • #2
    • 13th Jul 10, 1:00 PM
    If its recorded delivery. It probably means it will never track. This normally happens when the service fails. Which is a lot.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 13th Jul 10, 1:04 PM
    • 55,296 Posts
    • 38,632 Thanks
    soolin
    • #3
    • 13th Jul 10, 1:04 PM
    • #3
    • 13th Jul 10, 1:04 PM
    I agree with cyberbob, it basically means that the item has been accepted by the PO. Recorded is standard mail so it will just arrive at some point but may never actually update any further than 'in progress'.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • fridayschild
    • #4
    • 13th Jul 10, 1:29 PM
    • #4
    • 13th Jul 10, 1:29 PM
    Yep, you know you're in trouble when you see that on the website.

    I did once ring them about an item I had sent and they said "just a minute, I'll check for you because 'they' sometimes forget to update it" it turned out that the item was lost but it made me wonder if they had a different system they could check, if you see what I mean.

    (A tiny cynical part of me thinks that my buyer on that occasion used that to claim non-delivery but that's another story)

    Op, it doesn't mean that your item definitely won't arrive, just that you won't be able to track it online.
  • MadelinesMum
    • #5
    • 13th Jul 10, 2:02 PM
    • #5
    • 13th Jul 10, 2:02 PM
    Hi, recently I've sold a few items on ebay that have arrived (+ fb received) but still show as being processed online. I've stopped paying the extra for Recorded Delivery now because if it doesn't track then it's pointless, and if the item does go missing you can claim from your POP anyway.
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need.
  • lewt
    • #6
    • 13th Jul 10, 3:30 PM
    • #6
    • 13th Jul 10, 3:30 PM
    Ok thanks guys. i should think he has just sent it 2nd without telling me
    If i upset you don't stress, never forget that god aint finished with me yet.
  • martindow
    • #7
    • 13th Jul 10, 6:27 PM
    • #7
    • 13th Jul 10, 6:27 PM
    Ok thanks guys. i should think he has just sent it 2nd without telling me
    Originally posted by lewt
    Was his listing offering 1st class? I'd be none too pleased if it turned out to be on a slower service.
  • custardy
    • #8
    • 13th Jul 10, 7:38 PM
    • #8
    • 13th Jul 10, 7:38 PM
    Yep, you know you're in trouble when you see that on the website.

    I did once ring them about an item I had sent and they said "just a minute, I'll check for you because 'they' sometimes forget to update it" it turned out that the item was lost but it made me wonder if they had a different system they could check, if you see what I mean.

    (A tiny cynical part of me thinks that my buyer on that occasion used that to claim non-delivery but that's another story)

    Op, it doesn't mean that your item definitely won't arrive, just that you won't be able to track it online.
    Originally posted by fridayschild
    not as such
    on the RM intranet you can do a full audit trail
    so you can see every scan an item has had
    so say an SD is delayed
    you go on audit train and check its scanning history
    same for an RD,you can see if its been scanned en route
    for example if an item was sent to the wrong delivery office,scanned and forwarded
    the customer site would tell you its progressing through the network
    the intranet site would tell you where it was scanned and the reason inputted for its track status
  • bylromarha
    • #9
    • 13th Jul 10, 7:53 PM
    • #9
    • 13th Jul 10, 7:53 PM
    I used to send a lot of stuff recorded.

    I put in a mass claim for all those which had that line as a status 4 weeks after posting.

    About 25% of those I claimed for came back with a signature as proof of delivery, so claim rejected. They just hadn't bothered to update it online. Got a nice fat cheque for the other 75% I claimed for though
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • MadelinesMum
    I used to send a lot of stuff recorded.

    I put in a mass claim for all those which had that line as a status 4 weeks after posting.

    About 25% of those I claimed for came back with a signature as proof of delivery, so claim rejected. They just hadn't bothered to update it online. Got a nice fat cheque for the other 75% I claimed for though
    Originally posted by bylromarha
    Had the items actually arrived but not signed for or had they been lost?

    I've got about 4 items that still saying being processed although they had been delivered over a week ago.

    I've also given up on RD now.
    I must remember that "Money Saving" is not buying heavily discounted items that I do not need.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 14th Jul 10, 9:34 AM
    • 55,296 Posts
    • 38,632 Thanks
    soolin
    Had the items actually arrived but not signed for or had they been lost?

    I've got about 4 items that still saying being processed although they had been delivered over a week ago.

    I've also given up on RD now.
    Originally posted by MadelinesMum
    I used to have to use recorded for work stuff, it all arrived but never updated online. I would then claim back the 75p per item but RM would just keep sending lots of books of stamps, it was actually a nice little earner.

    Virtually nothing at all sent from here ever updates online, and likewise nothing ever arrives at my door that gets a signature. It is all left in the porch with the rest of the post.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

2,007Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

  • Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

  • Follow Martin