Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • xPollyx
    • By xPollyx 12th Jul 10, 10:28 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 1Thanks
    xPollyx
    Pastdue Credit Solutions
    • 12th Jul 10, 10:28 PM
    Pastdue Credit Solutions 12th Jul 10 at 10:28 PM
    Hi,

I came home from work today to find a letter from this company had been sent to me. They had my full name and current address. A 'case number' was quoted at the top of the letter. It said "I would be grateful if you could contact me on 0844 559 8349 regarding an important matter" and gave office hours that I could call - no other information was provided to indicate what the letter was about.

I phoned the number (stupidly didnt withold my number) - had to wait for ever for someone to answer. We have lived at our current address for a couple of years - the guy at the end of the phone said he was trying to locate a former tenant that used to rent at my former address and was asking me when I moved out - despite refusing to tell me what it was about. I refused to tell him - only confirmed that I did not live at the address during the period he had been referring to.

It was a really odd letter and I feel quite shaken by it. I made sure when we moved out that we did not have any outstanding bills with our utility companies and I have never used a credit card. Has anyone else heard of this company/ had any dealings with them? I have an awful feeling that they are going to continue to pester me now.
    Last edited by xPollyx; 12-07-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Page 3
    • Sjh07
    • By Sjh07 22nd Apr 16, 4:27 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sjh07
    I have received a letter from them today in regards to an overdue amount of tax credits, i did have a overdue amount many years ago and set up a payment amount but then the last thing i heard the were deducting it from my future award. Will have to look through my paperwork for it.
    Definitely worried after reading these posts
    • peachpiano
    • By peachpiano 30th May 16, 12:18 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    peachpiano
    I just want to thank everyone for all the posts about this company. Past Due Credit Solutions were chasing my mother in law (over 80 and in a care home) for an amount, that they say was due to an electricity company attributed to her old home address. This house was sold several years ago, and I know for a fact we settled all utility bills before handing over the keys to a new owner. Unfortunately all utility bills were thrown out a few months ago.

In all, we received 4 letters from PDCS. The first asked for £247.70, and then they kindly (ha ha) said they would accept £173.39. Where do they get these figures from?!

We ignored all letters as our conscience was clear, and they seem to have dropped harassing my MIL. This company may be legal, but they are vultures. I can only assume that during the handover of ownership of her house, the electricity company computer at some stage was "baffled" by the change of ownership and there was a glitch in their system.

There is no doubt that if we had not been looking after her finances, she would have paid them. This company is targeting vulnerable people, and it is on the border line of legality if you ask me.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 30th May 16, 12:34 PM
    • 13,211 Posts
    • 12,635 Thanks
    sourcrates
    I just want to thank everyone for all the posts about this company. Past Due Credit Solutions were chasing my mother in law (over 80 and in a care home) for an amount, that they say was due to an electricity company attributed to her old home address. This house was sold several years ago, and I know for a fact we settled all utility bills before handing over the keys to a new owner. Unfortunately all utility bills were thrown out a few months ago.

In all, we received 4 letters from PDCS. The first asked for £247.70, and then they kindly (ha ha) said they would accept £173.39. Where do they get these figures from?!

We ignored all letters as our conscience was clear, and they seem to have dropped harassing my MIL. This company may be legal, but they are vultures. I can only assume that during the handover of ownership of her house, the electricity company computer at some stage was "baffled" by the change of ownership and there was a glitch in their system.

There is no doubt that if we had not been looking after her finances, she would have paid them. This company is targeting vulnerable people, and it is on the border line of legality if you ask me.
    Originally posted by peachpiano

They may of gone quiet for now, but unless you put the matter to bed once and for all, its likely they will be back, they revisit unpaid accounts on a regular basis.

You should really challenge them to prove there claims, and tell them you dispute what there saying, otherwise you do risk a CCJ by default.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
    • Paw987
    • By Paw987 15th Nov 16, 7:14 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Paw987
    PDCS harassment
    I experienced harassment from them regarding overpaid tax credits.
    I called their bluff and in a complaint to them I told them I would be happy to be taken to court by them and would have plenty to say in court.
    I never heard from them again.
    When they 'buy debts' they don't have this power to take people to court because they are not the creditor.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 15th Nov 16, 8:41 AM
    • 13,211 Posts
    • 12,635 Thanks
    sourcrates
    I experienced harassment from them regarding overpaid tax credits.
    I called their bluff and in a complaint to them I told them I would be happy to be taken to court by them and would have plenty to say in court.
    I never heard from them again.
    When they 'buy debts' they don't have this power to take people to court because they are not the creditor.
    Originally posted by Paw987
    Sadly they inherit all rights and privileges of the original creditor, so they can take you to court quite easily.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 05-01-2017 at 1:00 PM.
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• gurmeet1967
    • By gurmeet1967 5th Jan 17, 11:41 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gurmeet1967
    similar letter - pastdue credit solution
    Hi
    I also had received teh similar letter from pastdue. It says huge amount due from SSE and mentions the address i rented 14 year before. i had cleared all bills, but don't have any document right now. Please advise. Also, will it effect my credit history?
    regards
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 5th Jan 17, 12:59 PM
    • 13,211 Posts
    • 12,635 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Hi
    I also had received teh similar letter from pastdue. It says huge amount due from SSE and mentions the address i rented 14 year before. i had cleared all bills, but don't have any document right now. Please advise. Also, will it effect my credit history?
    regards
    Originally posted by gurmeet1967
    Hi,

After 14 years the debt would be statute barred under the Limitations act 1980.

That means they cannot use the courts to pursue this debt.

A simple letter stating this is all that's needed.

Link to template letter here :

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Time-has-run-out-to-recover-the-debt-%28sole-name%29.aspx

• gurmeet1967
    • By gurmeet1967 6th Jan 17, 4:28 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    gurmeet1967
    Thanks
    Thanks for your advice!
    • Anne4312
    • By Anne4312 15th Jan 17, 6:52 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Anne4312
    Past due complaint
    Hi

I received a letter from pastdue yesterday. It was addressed to me, but at my partners address. I have no idea how they got this address, because I've only just moved in and only registered to pay council tax on Friday.

They have said that I owe £294 to HMRC regarding Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Up until six weeks ago, I was firstly receiving ESA and then unemployment benefit, so not sure how I could even owe this money to start with.

Should I contact HMRC first (with the hope they answer the phone), or should I send a letter to pastdue asking for evidence of the debt?

Thanks - I feel awful receiving this letter at my partners address
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 15th Jan 17, 8:39 PM
    • 11,934 Posts
    • 9,015 Thanks
    fatbelly
    Hi

I received a letter from pastdue yesterday. It was addressed to me, but at my partners address. I have no idea how they got this address, because I've only just moved in and only registered to pay council tax on Friday.

They have said that I owe £294 to HMRC regarding Class 2 National Insurance contributions. Up until six weeks ago, I was firstly receiving ESA and then unemployment benefit, so not sure how I could even owe this money to start with.

Should I contact HMRC first (with the hope they answer the phone), or should I send a letter to pastdue asking for evidence of the debt?

Thanks - I feel awful receiving this letter at my partners address
    Originally posted by Anne4312
    That's over 100 weeks of self-employed NI contributions.

Have you been self employed?

Did you pay for a class 2 stamp?

Did you earn more than £5,965 a year ?
    • VioletSkyblue
    • By VioletSkyblue 23rd Jan 17, 10:27 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    VioletSkyblue
    My partnet just got a letter from this company today regarding an outstanding BT debt. Long Story Short: We had a 1 year BT contract started in november 2015 and gave us nothing but problems.

We called many times during the year to solve the problems of bad connection and the customer service wasn't helpful at all. After insisting a lot, they managed to send 2 engineers who couldn't fix it and then when we faced them saying that we were not paying a fair amount for the lack of service they provided, mentioning that my partner works online and needs a stable connection and their service was costing us money but they still didn't give a crap about that.

In the end since we were moving home and they told us that by moving to another address, our contract would automatically renew for another year, we decided to close the account on the 10th month. By doing they asked us to pay the amount of the 2 remaining months plus a fee, which we did complain about initially but in the end got so irritated by their incompetence and stubborness that we gave them my credit card details over the phone and thought it would end there.

In november they called my partner complaining about money not being paid to which he replied that they we gave them my credit card details and they accepted it therefore it is over and done, however I then went back on my statement and for some reason they didn't take the money but we did not state that to them. Now Past Due Solutions is chasing my partner for this debt of £145 pound + 35 of fees and I would really like not to pay it since they have given us nothing but trouble and costed us loads of money as my partner couldn't use internet to work for many days due to their faulty service.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 23-01-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Clarity
    • centurion01
    • By centurion01 21st Jul 17, 4:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    centurion01
    i too have had a few letters.
    i have received a few letters now from them regarding a ridiculous debt amount from a property i lived in for 6 months but the letter states between 2006-2008,all most 10 years ago.
    i repeatedly asked for evidence and i do not accept responsibility but they don't want to give me it without confirming my details,and i won't.
    surely this time period makes it statue barred? no money or acceptance has been made and its now effecting my family due to the suggested amount,i wouldn't mind the property they seem i owe a debt for i was only there 6 months.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 21st Jul 17, 9:39 PM
    • 13,211 Posts
    • 12,635 Thanks
    sourcrates
    i have received a few letters now from them regarding a ridiculous debt amount from a property i lived in for 6 months but the letter states between 2006-2008,all most 10 years ago.
    i repeatedly asked for evidence and i do not accept responsibility but they don't want to give me it without confirming my details,and i won't.
    surely this time period makes it statue barred? no money or acceptance has been made and its now effecting my family due to the suggested amount,i wouldn't mind the property they seem i owe a debt for i was only there 6 months.
    Originally posted by centurion01
    It will be statute barred by now yes, you should send the SB letter and let them deal with it from there on in.

• KellzBellz
    • By KellzBellz 28th Dec 17, 6:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KellzBellz
    I have had 2 text messages in the past week from 2 different numbers stating that I need to contact PDCS quoting a reference number they have put in text no information on what its about. What should I do?
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 28th Dec 17, 7:03 PM
    • 11,934 Posts
    • 9,015 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I have had 2 text messages in the past week from 2 different numbers stating that I need to contact PDCS quoting a reference number they have put in text no information on what its about. What should I do?
    Originally posted by KellzBellz
    Ignore them until they write a proper letter
    • WildThyme
    • By WildThyme 15th Jan 18, 6:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    WildThyme
    I have just received a letter from this company telling me I owed money to another company - Business Stream. I don't have an account with that company. I phoned the number on the letter and spoke to a person who told me that an advisor would ring me back - they never did!
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 15th Jan 18, 6:53 PM
    • 11,934 Posts
    • 9,015 Thanks
    fatbelly
    I have just received a letter from this company telling me I owed money to another company - Business Stream. I don't have an account with that company. I phoned the number on the letter and spoke to a person who told me that an advisor would ring me back - they never did!
    Originally posted by WildThyme
    Don't phone them. Send a prove-it letter.

They do have your phone number so are likely to harass you.

Your tactic will be to tell them to reply to the letter, and hang up.
    • Margaret Skinner
    • By Margaret Skinner 10th Feb 18, 5:01 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    Margaret Skinner
    Just wanted to let you know of my experience with this awful company. As far as I can see I seem to have now thwarted them into silence!

About two months ago I received a letter similar to the ones quoted in this thread saying I owed 40 odd quid to BT. It was addressed to my married name at my present address but concerned the address I lived at when I was married. I replied asking for details of the account and what the sum was for and letting them know I had been divorced and not lived at that address for a number of years and was therefore very suspicious that this was a scam and I would therefore have to report it. I also said I was not aware of any outstanding amount owed to BT.

Another letter came through offering a reduction in the amount owed if paid by a certain date and then a further letter appeared asking for confirmation that I had lived at the address concerned, the date I entered and vacated the property plus confirmation about my date of birth!

I replied saying I had been in touch with BT and they had assured me there was no outstanding monies due and that any accounts would now be time-barred and would, in any case, be in my ex-husband’s name as he owned the property and continued to live there for several years after we were divorced.

I ended by saying I would appreciate it if they would stop any further correspondence otherwise it would be deemed personal harassment and I would need to then contact my lawyer.

Yesterday a letter arrived saying:

‘I write in response to your recent contact. Unfortunately Past Due Credit Solutions are no longer dealing with this matter as it has been closed on our system. If you have any concerns or require further information please contact our client directly and they will be able to assist you.’

I’m really hoping that’s the end of it. I was actually very ill when the first letter appeared and could have done without the extra stress!

Just wanted to post this in case it’s of any help to anyone else.
    Last edited by Margaret Skinner; 10-02-2018 at 5:03 PM.
    Marg
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 10th Feb 18, 6:48 PM
    • 11,934 Posts
    • 9,015 Thanks
    fatbelly
    That should be the end of it. They'll probably go off and chase another Margaret Skinner!
    • Margaret Skinner
    • By Margaret Skinner 14th Feb 18, 3:36 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 130 Thanks
    Margaret Skinner
    They are quite welcome to do so!
    Marg
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

171Posts Today

1,663Users online

Martin's Twitter