Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    dabhand
    Quidco - the latest internet scam?
    • 5th Sep 06, 8:01 PM
    Quidco - the latest internet scam? 5th Sep 06 at 8:01 PM
    I bet I'm just one of many today who have had their accounts with Quidco terminated.

Could Quidco have just been waiting for Europcar to pull their campaign so that they could make their excuses about 'abuse' and run off with our money? Quidco seem to be suggesting in their 'Account termination' email that Europcar have pulled from their site because of abuse of the program through Quidco. However, Europcar have, in fact, ended their campaign with ALL cashback sites. Very sly Quidco.

I'm absolutely fuming about this.

By the way, this is not the first time Quidco have been aggressive in their approach. There was a post on some Forum (which I wish I had bookmarked!) a while back about how they tried to put TopCashBack out of business when TCB was just starting up. Apparently they contacted all the affiliate networks and said something to the effect that TCB were abusing their affiliate links and that everything was not above board with TCB. Utter nonsense of course, just scared witless of some competition.

Not looking so 'ethical' now, are we Quidco?!

If you're new to cashback sites then avoid Quidco at all costs!

Topcashback.com is actually better anyway, run by decent, honest people. What's more TCB actually keep you informed when you make enquiries about missing cashback.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

400Posts Today

1,957Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Fantastic run by new UK star Zharnell Hughes in @BritAthletics #BritishChamps 200m.I was v proud to present the medal http://t.co/sSSXpM1SBZ

• Ok a wee bit chuffed. Just been asked if I'd like to present a medal at #Britishchamps, someone is now missing a hand as I bit it off!

• Follow Martin