IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Removing scratches on ceramic hob???
Closed Thread
Views: 9,900
# 1
livalicious
Old 07-07-2010, 1:57 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Default Removing scratches on ceramic hob???

Hi there

I very stupidly scraped a cooking pot across the black ceramic hob on our brand new Hotpoint Electric Cooker!! Not a happy bunny!

I know its probably not likely, but is there anything I could use to make it look a little bit better. It would take some sort of miracle to get those scratch marks off, but are there any products that would help a little?

Thanks!
# 2
sillywilly
Old 07-07-2010, 3:12 PM
PPR
MoneySaving Stalwart

Had the same problem, used Stardrops hob shine from the pound shop - worked a treat. HTH
The Following User Says Thank You to sillywilly For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
livalicious
Old 07-07-2010, 5:19 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Ooh thats good! Never heard of stardrops before. Is it any better than Astonish and Hob-brite, which Ive heard are good for ceramic hobs? Also, do you use a conditioner, like Toprens to keep it in good condition too. I need to buy some of these, but dont know which is best.
# 4
totalsolutions
Old 07-07-2010, 8:43 PM
PPR
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

I would check the the bottom of the cooking pot now.
# 5
livalicious
Old 08-07-2010, 9:48 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Got home lastnight, and the hob was good as new! The other half got some Hob-brite, and with a bit of elbow grease, managed to get the scraping all off. I was convinced it was scratched permanently. Turns out it was just the residue from the bottom of the pot!!! Sooo relieved! Thanks for the advice! The pot is fine too, no damage at the bottom.
# 6
Edinburghlass
Old 08-07-2010, 9:53 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Make sure you keep the bottoms of your pans clean as any burnt on food will heat up and mark the hob, that was my mistake. (not very moneysaving but I bought new pans and binned the old ones, I did get a good deal on the new pans though)
Martin has asked me to tell you that I'm the Board Guide of the Telephones, Reclaim Bank Charges, Silver Savers and Scotland boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides don't deal with this. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edinburghlass For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread