Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Orford
    • By Orford 6th Jul 10, 11:14 AM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    Orford
    • 6th Jul 10, 11:14 AM
    • 6th Jul 10, 11:14 AM
    Ignore everything, as in:
    Do not pay
    Do not communicate with them in any way,email, phone, letter
    After 3 or 4 ever more threatening letters they will go away.

Here's their letter-chain of what you can expect:
    http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/156986-parking-charge-notice-parking-6.html#post2652589
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 6th Jul 10, 11:16 AM
    • 8,814 Posts
    • 13,319 Thanks
    trisontana
    • 6th Jul 10, 11:16 AM
    • 6th Jul 10, 11:16 AM
    You don't have to do anything. Just ignore them and don't contact them. You have done nothing wrong and you do not owe them a penny. For further reassurance please read the other threads on here that deal with private parking tickets.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Daisy33
    • 6th Jul 10, 12:09 PM
    • 6th Jul 10, 12:09 PM
    Thanks for the comments but I have already e-mailed them stating that I had a valid ticket giving them the reg no I incorrectly put into the machine.

Their reply was that my appeal was denied!!!

I have no intention of paying this fine as I feel they are acting in an unreasonable manner
    • Orford
    • By Orford 6th Jul 10, 12:42 PM
    • 2,135 Posts
    • 1,597 Thanks
    Orford
    • 6th Jul 10, 12:42 PM
    • 6th Jul 10, 12:42 PM
    Their reply was that my appeal was denied!!!
    They invariably do, the appeals procedure is a total sham.

I have no intention of paying this fine as I feel they are acting in an unreasonable manner
    Originally posted by Daisy33
    Excellent,cease all contact from now on and just ignore everything
  • taffy056
    • 6th Jul 10, 1:08 PM
    • 6th Jul 10, 1:08 PM
    Hi

I have a parking fine from Parking Eye .....
    Originally posted by Daisy33
    No you don't! You have an unenforceable parking invoice from Parking Eye! Just ignore all letters from them, the bogus debt collectors, and the bogus solicitors letters, they are all trying to scam you, they are a bunch of chancers, and you have paid in any case. The thing to do now is IGNORE
  • mayforher
    • 6th Jul 10, 1:55 PM
    • 6th Jul 10, 1:55 PM
    Why have you received the fine? Is it because you parked in the aldi car park, stayed for longer than the time shown or didnt shop in aldi?
    Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
    Lloyds Credit Card - £3418
    Barclaycard Credit Card - £1813
    Lloyds OD #1 - £1650 Lloyds OD #2 - £900 Natwest OD - £500
    Bank of Dad - £500
    Total debt - £8791
  • taffy056
    • 6th Jul 10, 1:59 PM
    • 6th Jul 10, 1:59 PM
    Why have you received the fine?
    Originally posted by mayforher
    its not a fine!
  • AlexisV
    • 6th Jul 10, 2:01 PM
    • 6th Jul 10, 2:01 PM
    Doesn't matter. It's not a fine and Parking Eye should be ignored, as always.
  • mayforher
    its not a fine!
    Originally posted by taffy056
    you know what i mean. invoice whatever.
    Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
    Lloyds Credit Card - £3418
    Barclaycard Credit Card - £1813
    Lloyds OD #1 - £1650 Lloyds OD #2 - £900 Natwest OD - £500
    Bank of Dad - £500
    Total debt - £8791
    • Sir Roger deLodger
    • By Sir Roger deLodger 6th Jul 10, 2:16 PM
    • 964 Posts
    • 1,795 Thanks
    Sir Roger deLodger
    Why have you received the fine? Is it because you parked in the aldi car park, stayed for longer than the time shown or didnt shop in aldi?
    Who knows? This is Parking Eye we are talking about, not normal human beings.
  • taffy056
    you know what i mean. invoice whatever.
    The thing is these tickets are not enforceable, so no matter what the reason, they have no legal right to pass on invoices to people parking in the car park, and then trying to pass them off as fines, Aldi are perpetuating a scam by these PPC companies, they are scammers, liars and cheats, why pay people who have no ethics or morals, hope they all go out of business!
  • Oopsadaisy
    Please try the new telepathic FAQ about PPC issues.

Simply think of the question you have about PPCs, now focus and try to project that question onto the screen in front of you.

Done that? Great.

Wait a few seconds, whilst I receive your question, now here's my answer to the question.......

Telepathic FAQ says.................Ignore, ignore, ignore.

This works with any question you care to try, go on test it.
    • DaveF327
    • By DaveF327 6th Jul 10, 10:27 PM
    • 1,137 Posts
    • 1,018 Thanks
    DaveF327
    Keep hold of that till receipt while you continue to ignore the threats. It will help you sleep better at night knowing you have evidence to throw at them should they try their luck in court.
  • LauraLeah91104
    i recieved one of these un-inforceable invoices from parking eye from parking in a b&q car park. I first received the first letter nearly 3 weeks after i had been to the car park, so a) they cant be that desperate to enforce it takes them 3 weeks to get in touch with you.
    b) i re-searched this alot when it first came into my possession as i refused to pay such a huge 'fine'!
    in march 2008 the law changed to try and make it harder for these companies to scam you, and they decided the best way to do this would be to create two bands, and these bands have a set fines. one set of bands for within london and a set for outside of london.
    these r below:
    within london; in the higher band, the fine will be set between £80-£120. and the lower band fee been between £60-£80.
    outside of london: the higher band fine set between £60-£80 and the lower band set between £40-£60
    There are lots of rules, but basically the lists are dependant of the severity of the conventrations.
    i.e- for parking in a disabled space without dispalying the blue band is classed as higher band, so the fine obviously depends on whether u parked within or outside of london.
    where-as parking in a bay for longer than permittted is classes listed in the lower band.
    I found all this out by doing a google search on parking enforcement rules, and all the information i found out was there in front of mw on the screen. This was when i was decided i wasnt going to pay as my fine was £80, and all i did was park in the bay for 2hours 10 mins, when the permitted time was 1 hour 30 mins. Which in the classes of bands is staying in a bay longer than permitted, i live outside of london, so the maximum fine i should have had was £60. I then googled the company who sent me the 'fine' and there was hundreds of people who had had run-ins with the same company. They all said the same, they got a few letters all stating the threats of baliffs and court etc etc, but after 5 or 6 they give up and try some one else.
    i mean, they pay £2.50 to the dvla to get your details, then the cost of printing a few letters and postage, its less than a tenner, so if one person pays up, then even if the next 7 people dont, they still havent lost anything.

hope this helps
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 13th Jul 10, 8:32 PM
    • 8,814 Posts
    • 13,319 Thanks
    trisontana
    i recieved one of these un-inforceable invoices from parking eye from parking in a b&q car park. I first received the first letter nearly 3 weeks after i had been to the car park, so a) they cant be that desperate to enforce it takes them 3 weeks to get in touch with you.
    b) i re-searched this alot when it first came into my possession as i refused to pay such a huge 'fine'!
    in march 2008 the law changed to try and make it harder for these companies to scam you, and they decided the best way to do this would be to create two bands, and these bands have a set fines. one set of bands for within london and a set for outside of london.
    these r below:
    within london; in the higher band, the fine will be set between £80-£120. and the lower band fee been between £60-£80.
    outside of london: the higher band fine set between £60-£80 and the lower band set between £40-£60
    There are lots of rules, but basically the lists are dependant of the severity of the conventrations.
    i.e- for parking in a disabled space without dispalying the blue band is classed as higher band, so the fine obviously depends on whether u parked within or outside of london.
    where-as parking in a bay for longer than permittted is classes listed in the lower band.
    I found all this out by doing a google search on parking enforcement rules, and all the information i found out was there in front of mw on the screen. This was when i was decided i wasnt going to pay as my fine was £80, and all i did was park in the bay for 2hours 10 mins, when the permitted time was 1 hour 30 mins. Which in the classes of bands is staying in a bay longer than permitted, i live outside of london, so the maximum fine i should have had was £60. I then googled the company who sent me the 'fine' and there was hundreds of people who had had run-ins with the same company. They all said the same, they got a few letters all stating the threats of baliffs and court etc etc, but after 5 or 6 they give up and try some one else.
    i mean, they pay £2.50 to the dvla to get your details, then the cost of printing a few letters and postage, its less than a tenner, so if one person pays up, then even if the next 7 people dont, they still havent lost anything.

hope this helps
    Originally posted by LauraLeah91104
    Could you please tell us what these so-called laws are that relate to private parking tickets. I have never heard of them and i don't think anyone else has. For a start, the blue badge scheme does not apply in private car-parks, so you cannot be "fined" for that.I think you are confusing legislation that deals with council fines with the (non-existent) "laws" that deal with private parking tickets.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 13th Jul 10, 10:18 PM
    • 8,814 Posts
    • 13,319 Thanks
    trisontana
    Come on LauraLeah91104 I am still waiting for information about these so-called laws dating from March 2008, especially the part about those two "bands".
    Last edited by trisontana; 13-07-2010 at 10:28 PM.
  • Coblcris
    Laura seems to be somewhat confused. March (31st) 2008 was the first day of the TMA.

Utterly irrelevant to Private Parking Companies.
  • robredz
    As private parking comes under the law of contract, and it is illegal for them to impose a "fine" I cannot see how these so called bands can be enforced
  • zo1234
    parking eye
    hi i have just received a fine from aldi for parking excess of 15 min than 1.5 hrs allowance stated. its from parking eye. can u tell me what happened when you ignored them ?
    thanx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

81Posts Today

2,106Users online

Martin's Twitter