IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Parking Eye - Aldi
Views: 13,459
# 1
Daisy33
Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Parking Eye - Aldi

Hi

I have a parking fine from Parking Eye stating that I exceeded my time on an Aldi car park. I did actually pay the parking but not having my glasses with me I entered the incorrect registration number without realising I had done this. I have the origional ticket & till receipt for this day

What should I do?
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy33 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Orford
Old 06-07-2010, 11:14 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Ignore everything, as in:
Do not pay
Do not communicate with them in any way,email, phone, letter
After 3 or 4 ever more threatening letters they will go away.

Here's their letter-chain of what you can expect:
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2652589
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orford For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
trisontana
Old 06-07-2010, 11:16 AM

You don't have to do anything. Just ignore them and don't contact them. You have done nothing wrong and you do not owe them a penny. For further reassurance please read the other threads on here that deal with private parking tickets.
I am an "internet guru" (copyright Stephan Hall @ UKCPS)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
Daisy33
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thanks for the comments but I have already e-mailed them stating that I had a valid ticket giving them the reg no I incorrectly put into the machine.

Their reply was that my appeal was denied!!!

I have no intention of paying this fine as I feel they are acting in an unreasonable manner
The Following User Says Thank You to Daisy33 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
Orford
Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy33 View Post
Their reply was that my appeal was denied!!!
They invariably do, the appeals procedure is a total sham.

I have no intention of paying this fine as I feel they are acting in an unreasonable manner
Excellent,cease all contact from now on and just ignore everything
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orford For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
taffy056
Old 06-07-2010, 1:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy33 View Post
Hi

I have a parking fine from Parking Eye .....
No you don't! You have an unenforceable parking invoice from Parking Eye! Just ignore all letters from them, the bogus debt collectors, and the bogus solicitors letters, they are all trying to scam you, they are a bunch of chancers, and you have paid in any case. The thing to do now is IGNORE
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taffy056 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
mayforher
Old 06-07-2010, 1:55 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Why have you received the fine? Is it because you parked in the aldi car park, stayed for longer than the time shown or didnt shop in aldi?
Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
Lloyds Credit Card - 3418
Barclaycard Credit Card - 1813
Lloyds OD #1 - 1650 Lloyds OD #2 - 900 Natwest OD - 500
Bank of Dad - 500
Total debt - 8791
The Following User Says Thank You to mayforher For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
taffy056
Old 06-07-2010, 1:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayforher View Post
Why have you received the fine?
its not a fine!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taffy056 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
AlexisV
Old 06-07-2010, 2:01 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Doesn't matter. It's not a fine and Parking Eye should be ignored, as always.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexisV For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
mayforher
Old 06-07-2010, 2:15 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffy056 View Post
its not a fine!
you know what i mean. invoice whatever.
Debt Free by Xmas 2014!
Lloyds Credit Card - 3418
Barclaycard Credit Card - 1813
Lloyds OD #1 - 1650 Lloyds OD #2 - 900 Natwest OD - 500
Bank of Dad - 500
Total debt - 8791
# 11
Sir Roger deLodger
Old 06-07-2010, 2:16 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Why have you received the fine? Is it because you parked in the aldi car park, stayed for longer than the time shown or didnt shop in aldi?
Who knows? This is Parking Eye we are talking about, not normal human beings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Roger deLodger For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
taffy056
Old 06-07-2010, 2:19 PM

Quote:
you know what i mean. invoice whatever.
The thing is these tickets are not enforceable, so no matter what the reason, they have no legal right to pass on invoices to people parking in the car park, and then trying to pass them off as fines, Aldi are perpetuating a scam by these PPC companies, they are scammers, liars and cheats, why pay people who have no ethics or morals, hope they all go out of business!
The Following User Says Thank You to taffy056 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Oopsadaisy
Old 06-07-2010, 4:41 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Please try the new telepathic FAQ about PPC issues.

Simply think of the question you have about PPCs, now focus and try to project that question onto the screen in front of you.

Done that? Great.

Wait a few seconds, whilst I receive your question, now here's my answer to the question.......

Telepathic FAQ says.................Ignore, ignore, ignore.

This works with any question you care to try, go on test it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oopsadaisy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
DaveF327
Old 06-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Keep hold of that till receipt while you continue to ignore the threats. It will help you sleep better at night knowing you have evidence to throw at them should they try their luck in court.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaveF327 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
LauraLeah91104
Old 13-07-2010, 8:23 PM
MoneySaving Convert

i recieved one of these un-inforceable invoices from parking eye from parking in a b&q car park. I first received the first letter nearly 3 weeks after i had been to the car park, so a) they cant be that desperate to enforce it takes them 3 weeks to get in touch with you.
b) i re-searched this alot when it first came into my possession as i refused to pay such a huge 'fine'!
in march 2008 the law changed to try and make it harder for these companies to scam you, and they decided the best way to do this would be to create two bands, and these bands have a set fines. one set of bands for within london and a set for outside of london.
these r below:
within london; in the higher band, the fine will be set between 80-120. and the lower band fee been between 60-80.
outside of london: the higher band fine set between 60-80 and the lower band set between 40-60
There are lots of rules, but basically the lists are dependant of the severity of the conventrations.
i.e- for parking in a disabled space without dispalying the blue band is classed as higher band, so the fine obviously depends on whether u parked within or outside of london.
where-as parking in a bay for longer than permittted is classes listed in the lower band.
I found all this out by doing a google search on parking enforcement rules, and all the information i found out was there in front of mw on the screen. This was when i was decided i wasnt going to pay as my fine was 80, and all i did was park in the bay for 2hours 10 mins, when the permitted time was 1 hour 30 mins. Which in the classes of bands is staying in a bay longer than permitted, i live outside of london, so the maximum fine i should have had was 60. I then googled the company who sent me the 'fine' and there was hundreds of people who had had run-ins with the same company. They all said the same, they got a few letters all stating the threats of baliffs and court etc etc, but after 5 or 6 they give up and try some one else.
i mean, they pay 2.50 to the dvla to get your details, then the cost of printing a few letters and postage, its less than a tenner, so if one person pays up, then even if the next 7 people dont, they still havent lost anything.

hope this helps
# 16
trisontana
Old 13-07-2010, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLeah91104 View Post
i recieved one of these un-inforceable invoices from parking eye from parking in a b&q car park. I first received the first letter nearly 3 weeks after i had been to the car park, so a) they cant be that desperate to enforce it takes them 3 weeks to get in touch with you.
b) i re-searched this alot when it first came into my possession as i refused to pay such a huge 'fine'!
in march 2008 the law changed to try and make it harder for these companies to scam you, and they decided the best way to do this would be to create two bands, and these bands have a set fines. one set of bands for within london and a set for outside of london.
these r below:
within london; in the higher band, the fine will be set between 80-120. and the lower band fee been between 60-80.
outside of london: the higher band fine set between 60-80 and the lower band set between 40-60
There are lots of rules, but basically the lists are dependant of the severity of the conventrations.
i.e- for parking in a disabled space without dispalying the blue band is classed as higher band, so the fine obviously depends on whether u parked within or outside of london.
where-as parking in a bay for longer than permittted is classes listed in the lower band.
I found all this out by doing a google search on parking enforcement rules, and all the information i found out was there in front of mw on the screen. This was when i was decided i wasnt going to pay as my fine was 80, and all i did was park in the bay for 2hours 10 mins, when the permitted time was 1 hour 30 mins. Which in the classes of bands is staying in a bay longer than permitted, i live outside of london, so the maximum fine i should have had was 60. I then googled the company who sent me the 'fine' and there was hundreds of people who had had run-ins with the same company. They all said the same, they got a few letters all stating the threats of baliffs and court etc etc, but after 5 or 6 they give up and try some one else.
i mean, they pay 2.50 to the dvla to get your details, then the cost of printing a few letters and postage, its less than a tenner, so if one person pays up, then even if the next 7 people dont, they still havent lost anything.

hope this helps
Could you please tell us what these so-called laws are that relate to private parking tickets. I have never heard of them and i don't think anyone else has. For a start, the blue badge scheme does not apply in private car-parks, so you cannot be "fined" for that.I think you are confusing legislation that deals with council fines with the (non-existent) "laws" that deal with private parking tickets.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 17
trisontana
Old 13-07-2010, 10:18 PM

Come on LauraLeah91104 I am still waiting for information about these so-called laws dating from March 2008, especially the part about those two "bands".

Last edited by trisontana; 13-07-2010 at 10:28 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trisontana For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Coblcris
Old 13-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Laura seems to be somewhat confused. March (31st) 2008 was the first day of the TMA.

Utterly irrelevant to Private Parking Companies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coblcris For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
robredz
Old 14-07-2010, 1:18 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

As private parking comes under the law of contract, and it is illegal for them to impose a "fine" I cannot see how these so called bands can be enforced
The Following User Says Thank You to robredz For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
zo1234
Old 30-10-2010, 3:31 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default parking eye

hi i have just received a fine from aldi for parking excess of 15 min than 1.5 hrs allowance stated. its from parking eye. can u tell me what happened when you ignored them ?
thanx