Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    Filling in divorce form D8 - property adjustment
    • #1
    • 3rd Jul 10, 1:30 PM
    Filling in divorce form D8 - property adjustment 3rd Jul 10 at 1:30 PM
    Hi. My husband and I seperated amicably 3 months ago and have decided to divorce. To keep things as inexpensive as possible we have decided to fill in the D8 forms ourselves. In the 'Prayer' section it asks about ancilliary relief. Although I am not seeking this (I am the petitioner) it asks about a property adjustment order. I am seeking sole ownership of the property (agreed by both parties) with a settlement figure which amounts to half the equity in the property. This will be finalised in the 'Consent Order'. My husband has agreed that this is all he wants.
    Do I have to apply for a property adjustment order in the D8 form or will I do this with the Consent order? Or could I do it myself through the Land Registry? He will not contest it as he has already purchased a new properrty and is desperate for the finances to be settled.
    Please help.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

806Posts Today

5,378Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

  • Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion!

  • Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties)

  • Follow Martin