Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    CSA and Rental Income
    • #1
    • 30th Jun 10, 1:28 PM
    CSA and Rental Income 30th Jun 10 at 1:28 PM
    I have an ex-wife and two children with her.
    I have an ex-partner and one child + bump.

    I work in Manchester and cycle to work from a small town 17 miles away.

    I'm paying maintenance already to my ex-wife and the children from that relationship come and stay with me on a regular basis.

    I have already voluntarily paid maintenance to my ex-partner and, as I understand it, there is a CSA claim going through now.

    The only way I can afford to stay on in the house in which I currently live (idyllic setting, three bedrooms, garage) is to rent out a room. Should I account for the rental income for purposes of calculating child maintenance payments?

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

155Posts Today

2,007Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

  • Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

  • RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

  • Follow Martin