Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 27
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 17th Jul 16, 9:27 AM
    • 5,948 Posts
    • 14,936 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Our eldest is an unstablised epileptic, and aged 17 & in school. Amazing how many stools we fall between as he's not a child nor an adult!

Also, read this thread from start to finish & learned So Much - thank you all who've posted.

We're already in the process of getting a disabled buspass for him.
    If we can sort a disabled railcard for him, then he can begin to get around as freely as his public transport using agemates.
    • m4rc
    • By m4rc 13th Aug 16, 2:10 PM
    • 301 Posts
    • 387 Thanks
    m4rc
    I am actually very annoyed at you saying this.
    I have suffered from chronic back pain and cant walk a step outside without being in agony.
    so to say that I live the life if riley is so so wrong beluve me
    Originally posted by summerof0763
    Sorry but you really missed what they were saying, that was NOT what they meant at all.

I'll try and explain - they were saying that people COULD PRETEND to have a bad back and get free stuff. They could have said leg instead of back, or anything else, they were not picking on people with chronic back pain. Sadly there are many people out there who fake illness or disability to get things for free - benefits, free entry, a blue badge etc. We all know this, and although some get found out too many just sail through life taking what they can but not entitled to.

I have a chronic long term health condition but don't consider myself disabled, I struggle with my mobility and am in a lot of pain, but I don't claim anything, I have disabled children though, one is autistic, non-verbal and uses a wheelchair and we have to feed him, change him and everything else, I claim everything I can for him and his older brother.

I don't like the name of the thread either, and I don't like fakers or those who claim what they shouldnt, but the poster certainly didn't offend me or my children and nobody wih a genuine health condition should have been offended either unless they were faking their condition.
    • dipsy
    • By dipsy 17th Aug 16, 12:42 PM
    • 2,942 Posts
    • 9,640 Thanks
    dipsy
    http://www.did-card.co.uk/index.php

has anyone got this? saw it on fb today
    Originally posted by tonmar01
    would a cinema accept this as they normally take the code off the cinema card to put in their system

anyone else used one of these?
    2007 £1749
    2008 £291.99
    2009 JanMasscara £7.00 Feb megcabot books x 2 £20 XFactor tkts x 2 £58.00 (couldn't go though as they only phoned on day :-( ) foundation £7.99
    total so far for 09 £92.99
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 12th Oct 16, 8:26 PM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 14,652 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Bumping for a new member.
    • DomRavioli
    • By DomRavioli 12th Oct 16, 10:47 PM
    • 2,863 Posts
    • 4,772 Thanks
    DomRavioli
    would a cinema accept this as they normally take the code off the cinema card to put in their system

anyone else used one of these?
    Originally posted by dipsy
    as far as I know its only a CEA card accepted. Youd need to speakk to your local cinema.
    Observe, Adapt, Overcome.
    SPC 2015 #497
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 13th Oct 16, 12:36 PM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 14,652 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Reel and Cineworld only accept CEA card.
    • bushy1976
    • By bushy1976 14th Nov 16, 12:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bushy1976
    gatwick
    Hi I'mgoing on hols now in 2 weeks my husband is wheelchair bound and I got 2 special need children we checkingIin the day before we fly do you know where we can park it cost me £19 last year and I was there bout 35 mins thanks bushy1976 x
    • poppy12345
    • By poppy12345 14th Nov 16, 7:24 AM
    • 463 Posts
    • 301 Thanks
    poppy12345
    Hi I'mgoing on hols now in 2 weeks my husband is wheelchair bound and I got 2 special need children we checkingIin the day before we fly do you know where we can park it cost me £19 last year and I was there bout 35 mins thanks bushy1976 x
    Originally posted by bushy1976
    Being disabled will not give you free parking at any airport. You'll be better off paying for "meet and greet" prices start at around £80 if booked well in advance. More with such short notice like yours i'm sure. When you booked your holiday did you ask for airport assistance? With this someone will meet you and take you to your departure gate. If you didn't then you may have a problem getting that at such short notice too.
    • Big Graeme
    • By Big Graeme 23rd Nov 16, 5:52 PM
    • 3,198 Posts
    • 3,688 Thanks
    Big Graeme
    I've been to the following places and had one carer free with each disabled customer -

Edinburgh Zoo
    Highland Wildlife Park
    Five Sisters Zoo
    Chester Zoo
    London Zoo
    Kings Theatre
    Pavilion Theatre
    Many don't advertise but they all know the procedure if someone asks.

A Glasgow bus card that gets me and a carer free travel, current cost £10
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,910Posts Today

6,701Users online

Martin's Twitter