Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Loopy Girl
    • 26th Jun 10, 8:48 PM
    • 26th Jun 10, 8:48 PM
    As per CSA rulings, you are entitled to 15% of his net income for maintenance.
  • Loopy Girl
    • 26th Jun 10, 8:49 PM
    And you should be getting more than £100pw in all your benefits...are you sure you are claiming to all you are entitled to?
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 26th Jun 10, 8:49 PM
    • 5,056 Posts
    • 22,916 Thanks
    thorsoak
    As you are on income support, and LHA is paying £420 of your £650 monthly rental, you're left with a shortfall there of £230. Don't forget, you can claim a 25% reduction on your council tax bill as the single adult in the home.

How much does your OH earn?
  • agscully
    Hi

If you are getting that much income support each month and you are a married person can i ask what does your husband do ? ...Work etc ? If so how much does he earn ? We be useful if we knew so we could all advise you how much you could ask for ?
    Baby Due 11th August 2012
  • mookiandco
    • 26th Jun 10, 8:59 PM
    • 26th Jun 10, 8:59 PM
    Go and see a family solicitor, you are entitled to free legal advice as you receive income support. They will be able to look at what you both have and what you both need and advise you properly. Its hard to advise on here without knowing all the ins and outs. Perhaps pop into the benefits board for some assistance with that.
    Last edited by mookiandco; 27-06-2010 at 2:36 AM.
    Proud Mummy to Leila aged 1 whole year
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 26th Jun 10, 9:03 PM
    • 2,828 Posts
    • 6,767 Thanks
    neneromanova
    • 26th Jun 10, 9:03 PM
    • 26th Jun 10, 9:03 PM
    All he has to give you is 15% of his monthly wages for CSA. And that is just for your child. Not you or the dogs.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

• property.advert
    • By property.advert 26th Jun 10, 9:09 PM
    • 4,040 Posts
    • 2,158 Thanks
    property.advert
    • 26th Jun 10, 9:09 PM
    • 26th Jun 10, 9:09 PM
    Another burden on the state for years to come no doubt.

Bloated welfare state makes this so easy to do, split up and hold your hand out for freebies.
  • dmg24
    • 26th Jun 10, 9:15 PM
    • 26th Jun 10, 9:15 PM
    As you are on income support, and LHA is paying £420 of your £650 monthly rental, you're left with a shortfall there of £230. Don't forget, you can claim a 25% reduction on your council tax bill as the single adult in the home.

How much does your OH earn?
    Originally posted by thorsoak
    The OP will already receive full CTB.

With IS + CTC + LHA + CTB, the OP will clear at least £1,000 per month tax free.
    • Person_one
    • By Person_one 26th Jun 10, 9:27 PM
    • 25,137 Posts
    • 86,529 Thanks
    Person_one
    Another burden on the state for years to come no doubt.

Bloated welfare state makes this so easy to do, split up and hold your hand out for freebies.
    Originally posted by property.advert
    The OP described her marriage as hell, also that the split was not mutual. Divorce is legal in this country.

Should she be forced to stay married just to keep Daily Mail readers happy?
  • Fang
    The OP described her marriage as hell, also that the split was not mutual. Divorce is legal in this country.

Should she be forced to stay married just to keep Daily Mail readers happy?
    Originally posted by Person_one
    No she should get off her !!!! and get a job.
    • Person_one
    • By Person_one 26th Jun 10, 9:37 PM
    • 25,137 Posts
    • 86,529 Thanks
    Person_one
    No she should get off her !!!! and get a job.
    Originally posted by Fang
    That's not what she posted about. We don't know anything about her reasons for not working.
  • Fang
    That's not what she posted about. We don't know anything about her reasons for not working.
    Originally posted by Person_one
    No we don't, but we know that she expects the state and her estranged husband to support her and her pets. Which is not on. His child, yes. He should be paying 50% of every cost for the child, and she should be paying the other half.
  • dmg24
    No we don't, but we know that she expects the state and her estranged husband to support her and her pets. Which is not on. His child, yes. He should be paying 50% of every cost for the child, and she should be paying the other half.
    Originally posted by Fang
    Supported by the fact that this is her fourth thread on the subject!

OP, is it not possible for you to work?
  • Loopy Girl
    Blondie, your benefits don't seem right..you should be getting approx £120 which is made up of your IS and CTC and then on top of that you should be getting your CB.

I assume the LHA you are getting is the maximum for your property size?

There is a calculator on the CSA website which will tell you how much he should be paying. Had a quick skim of other posts and I see your ex is in the Forces? Try to get a private arrangemet going with him as it is a nightmare trying to get CSA from Forces people. Basically they (Army) decide what - if any - CSA they will pay..and that is even if there is a wages arrestment on his wage. You are not entitled to any money via the CSA when he is on active duty.
    • Barneysmom
    • By Barneysmom 26th Jun 10, 10:41 PM
    • 9,457 Posts
    • 24,285 Thanks
    Barneysmom
    Is there no way to get your marriage working again, it's a shame xxx

Oops sorry I never saw your above post.....
  • TallBlondie
    Blondie, your benefits don't seem right..you should be getting approx £120 which is made up of your IS and CTC and then on top of that you should be getting your CB.

I assume the LHA you are getting is the maximum for your property size?

There is a calculator on the CSA website which will tell you how much he should be paying. Had a quick skim of other posts and I see your ex is in the Forces? Try to get a private arrangemet going with him as it is a nightmare trying to get CSA from Forces people. Basically they (Army) decide what - if any - CSA they will pay..and that is even if there is a wages arrestment on his wage. You are not entitled to any money via the CSA when he is on active duty.
    Originally posted by Loopy Girl
    Do you mean i am getting too much benefits?
  • Loopy Girl
    Do you mean i am getting too much benefits?
    Originally posted by TallBlondie

No I don't think you are getting enough!! You said in your opening post that you get IS/CTC and CB and 'they total £400 a month'.

You should be getting about £140 a week (£560 per month) plus your LHA and your council tax benefit as well.

When you do get maintenance from him, you don't have to declare it to anyone - you get to keep all your benefits plus your maintenance.

There is a website www.entitledto.co.uk which is v good for telling you what benefits you are, well - entitled to!!, so put your details in there and make sure you are getting all your due.

As for other comments, you are quite entitled to claim benefits and don't have to justify it to anyone. I wish these people would complain to their MP's about the benefit system rather than posting nasty comments and passing judgement to people that are entitled to claim them and are doing no wrong.
  • Loopy Girl
    He has totally cut off all the people who care for him, he fears we will all be made to feel the pain and loss he is feeling if something happens to him. It took me weeks to get the real reasons out of him, initally he said we had lost our spark which i knew was rubbish. Its all very sad trust me, my best friend is walking around with the world on his shoulders and i can't do nothing about it.

Ive tried, but now i have to concentrate on sorting things for our girl.
    Originally posted by TallBlondie
    What a sad situation he clearly feels very scared out there. Is there any way you could speak to his CO or a family officer as he sounds like he is suffering from depression and it would be a real shame to throw away your marriage.

When does this tour end? (sorry, I've not read your posts indepth -leave that to the weirdos!!) so sorry if you have said.
  • TallBlondie
    No I don't think you are getting enough!! You said in your opening post that you get IS/CTC and CB and 'they total £400 a month'.

You should be getting about £140 a week (£560 per month) plus your LHA and your council tax benefit as well.

When you do get maintenance from him, you don't have to declare it to anyone - you get to keep all your benefits plus your maintenance.

There is a website www.entitledto.co.uk which is v good for telling you what benefits you are, well - entitled to!!, so put your details in there and make sure you are getting all your due.

As for other comments, you are quite entitled to claim benefits and don't have to justify it to anyone. I wish these people would complain to their MP's about the benefit system rather than posting nasty comments and passing judgement to people that are entitled to claim them and are doing no wrong.
    Originally posted by Loopy Girl
    I understand them in a way, but they couldn't of assumed it about anybody different.

Doing calculator now.

£54.67 tax credit.
    £65.45 Income support.
    £20.30 child benefit.
    Last edited by TallBlondie; 26-06-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

237Posts Today

1,024Users online

Martin's Twitter