Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Marriage, Relationships & Families > Need help NOW!! What am i entitled too from him? (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Need help NOW!! What am i entitled too from him?
Closed Thread
Views: 4,166
# 1
TallBlondie
Old 26-06-2010, 8:37 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Need help NOW!! What am i entitled too from him?

Questions answered thankyou.

Last edited by TallBlondie; 28-06-2010 at 9:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TallBlondie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
Loopy Girl
Old 26-06-2010, 8:48 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

As per CSA rulings, you are entitled to 15% of his net income for maintenance.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loopy Girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
Loopy Girl
Old 26-06-2010, 8:49 PM

And you should be getting more than 100pw in all your benefits...are you sure you are claiming to all you are entitled to?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Loopy Girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
thorsoak

As you are on income support, and LHA is paying 420 of your 650 monthly rental, you're left with a shortfall there of 230. Don't forget, you can claim a 25% reduction on your council tax bill as the single adult in the home.

How much does your OH earn?
The Following User Says Thank You to thorsoak For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 5
agscully
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi

If you are getting that much income support each month and you are a married person can i ask what does your husband do ? ...Work etc ? If so how much does he earn ? We be useful if we knew so we could all advise you how much you could ask for ?
Baby Due 11th August 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to agscully For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
mookiandco
Old 26-06-2010, 8:59 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Go and see a family solicitor, you are entitled to free legal advice as you receive income support. They will be able to look at what you both have and what you both need and advise you properly. Its hard to advise on here without knowing all the ins and outs. Perhaps pop into the benefits board for some assistance with that.
Proud Mummy to Leila aged 1 whole year

Last edited by mookiandco; 27-06-2010 at 2:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mookiandco For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
neneromanova
Old 26-06-2010, 9:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to neneromanova

All he has to give you is 15% of his monthly wages for CSA. And that is just for your child. Not you or the dogs.
DD1 Born 31st March 2008
DD2 Born 29th August 2010
DS1 Born 28th October 2013
Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to neneromanova For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 8
property.advert
Old 26-06-2010, 9:09 PM

Another burden on the state for years to come no doubt.

Bloated welfare state makes this so easy to do, split up and hold your hand out for freebies.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to property.advert For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
dmg24
Old 26-06-2010, 9:15 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsoak View Post
As you are on income support, and LHA is paying 420 of your 650 monthly rental, you're left with a shortfall there of 230. Don't forget, you can claim a 25% reduction on your council tax bill as the single adult in the home.

How much does your OH earn?
The OP will already receive full CTB.

With IS + CTC + LHA + CTB, the OP will clear at least 1,000 per month tax free.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dmg24 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
Person_one
Old 26-06-2010, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by property.advert View Post
Another burden on the state for years to come no doubt.

Bloated welfare state makes this so easy to do, split up and hold your hand out for freebies.
The OP described her marriage as hell, also that the split was not mutual. Divorce is legal in this country.

Should she be forced to stay married just to keep Daily Mail readers happy?
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Person_one For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 11
Fang
Old 26-06-2010, 9:34 PM
PPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person_one View Post
The OP described her marriage as hell, also that the split was not mutual. Divorce is legal in this country.

Should she be forced to stay married just to keep Daily Mail readers happy?
No she should get off her !!!! and get a job.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fang For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Person_one
Old 26-06-2010, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
No she should get off her !!!! and get a job.
That's not what she posted about. We don't know anything about her reasons for not working.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Person_one For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 13
Fang
Old 26-06-2010, 9:40 PM
PPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Person_one View Post
That's not what she posted about. We don't know anything about her reasons for not working.
No we don't, but we know that she expects the state and her estranged husband to support her and her pets. Which is not on. His child, yes. He should be paying 50% of every cost for the child, and she should be paying the other half.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fang For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
dmg24
Old 26-06-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
No we don't, but we know that she expects the state and her estranged husband to support her and her pets. Which is not on. His child, yes. He should be paying 50% of every cost for the child, and she should be paying the other half.
Supported by the fact that this is her fourth thread on the subject!

OP, is it not possible for you to work?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dmg24 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 15
Loopy Girl
Old 26-06-2010, 10:40 PM

Blondie, your benefits don't seem right..you should be getting approx 120 which is made up of your IS and CTC and then on top of that you should be getting your CB.

I assume the LHA you are getting is the maximum for your property size?

There is a calculator on the CSA website which will tell you how much he should be paying. Had a quick skim of other posts and I see your ex is in the Forces? Try to get a private arrangemet going with him as it is a nightmare trying to get CSA from Forces people. Basically they (Army) decide what - if any - CSA they will pay..and that is even if there is a wages arrestment on his wage. You are not entitled to any money via the CSA when he is on active duty.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loopy Girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
Barneysmom
Old 26-06-2010, 10:41 PM

Is there no way to get your marriage working again, it's a shame xxx

Oops sorry I never saw your above post.....
# 17
TallBlondie
Old 26-06-2010, 10:41 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy Girl View Post
Blondie, your benefits don't seem right..you should be getting approx 120 which is made up of your IS and CTC and then on top of that you should be getting your CB.

I assume the LHA you are getting is the maximum for your property size?

There is a calculator on the CSA website which will tell you how much he should be paying. Had a quick skim of other posts and I see your ex is in the Forces? Try to get a private arrangemet going with him as it is a nightmare trying to get CSA from Forces people. Basically they (Army) decide what - if any - CSA they will pay..and that is even if there is a wages arrestment on his wage. You are not entitled to any money via the CSA when he is on active duty.
Do you mean i am getting too much benefits?
The Following User Says Thank You to TallBlondie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 18
Loopy Girl
Old 26-06-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBlondie View Post
Do you mean i am getting too much benefits?

No I don't think you are getting enough!! You said in your opening post that you get IS/CTC and CB and 'they total 400 a month'.

You should be getting about 140 a week (560 per month) plus your LHA and your council tax benefit as well.

When you do get maintenance from him, you don't have to declare it to anyone - you get to keep all your benefits plus your maintenance.

There is a website www.entitledto.co.uk which is v good for telling you what benefits you are, well - entitled to!!, so put your details in there and make sure you are getting all your due.

As for other comments, you are quite entitled to claim benefits and don't have to justify it to anyone. I wish these people would complain to their MP's about the benefit system rather than posting nasty comments and passing judgement to people that are entitled to claim them and are doing no wrong.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loopy Girl For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
Loopy Girl
Old 26-06-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBlondie View Post
He has totally cut off all the people who care for him, he fears we will all be made to feel the pain and loss he is feeling if something happens to him. It took me weeks to get the real reasons out of him, initally he said we had lost our spark which i knew was rubbish. Its all very sad trust me, my best friend is walking around with the world on his shoulders and i can't do nothing about it.

Ive tried, but now i have to concentrate on sorting things for our girl.
What a sad situation he clearly feels very scared out there. Is there any way you could speak to his CO or a family officer as he sounds like he is suffering from depression and it would be a real shame to throw away your marriage.

When does this tour end? (sorry, I've not read your posts indepth -leave that to the weirdos!!) so sorry if you have said.
# 20
TallBlondie
Old 26-06-2010, 10:52 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy Girl View Post
No I don't think you are getting enough!! You said in your opening post that you get IS/CTC and CB and 'they total 400 a month'.

You should be getting about 140 a week (560 per month) plus your LHA and your council tax benefit as well.

When you do get maintenance from him, you don't have to declare it to anyone - you get to keep all your benefits plus your maintenance.

There is a website www.entitledto.co.uk which is v good for telling you what benefits you are, well - entitled to!!, so put your details in there and make sure you are getting all your due.

As for other comments, you are quite entitled to claim benefits and don't have to justify it to anyone. I wish these people would complain to their MP's about the benefit system rather than posting nasty comments and passing judgement to people that are entitled to claim them and are doing no wrong.
I understand them in a way, but they couldn't of assumed it about anybody different.

Doing calculator now.

54.67 tax credit.
65.45 Income support.
20.30 child benefit.

Last edited by TallBlondie; 26-06-2010 at 10:55 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TallBlondie For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread