Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • NoNoDrama
    • By NoNoDrama 15th Jun 10, 5:23 PM
    • 156Posts
    • 42Thanks
    NoNoDrama
    P45 from Job Centre Required
    • 15th Jun 10, 5:23 PM
    P45 from Job Centre Required 15th Jun 10 at 5:23 PM
    Apparently I am due a tax refund for 2009/2010. I was signing on at the start of the tax year until June the 15th. The tax office are asking for my P45 from the JC when I finished signing on. The thing is I can't remember getting one. How do I get one sent out to me? Dealing with them can be stressful at the best of times.

Thanks
Page 1
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 15th Jun 10, 6:51 PM
    • 8,408 Posts
    • 5,979 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    • 15th Jun 10, 6:51 PM
    • 15th Jun 10, 6:51 PM
    Apparently I am due a tax refund for 2009/2010. I was signing on at the start of the tax year until June the 15th. The tax office are asking for my P45 from the JC when I finished signing on. The thing is I can't remember getting one. How do I get one sent out to me? Dealing with them can be stressful at the best of times.

Thanks
    Originally posted by NoNoDrama
    What have you done since 15 June 2009? Have you needed to provide your P45 to anyone else since then? For instance, might you have used it when registering with an employment agency?
    • NoNoDrama
    • By NoNoDrama 15th Jun 10, 10:28 PM
    • 156 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    NoNoDrama
    • 15th Jun 10, 10:28 PM
    • 15th Jun 10, 10:28 PM
    I've been in the same job since then I think I gave my employer a p46 because didn't have a p45. will the job centre still have a p45 for me??
  • Premier
    • 16th Jun 10, 12:51 PM
    • 16th Jun 10, 12:51 PM
    You won't need the P45, but the P60 from your employer that'll cover you for the tax year (the benefits you received as well as the employment they later gave you)
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
    • NoNoDrama
    • By NoNoDrama 17th Jun 10, 1:32 AM
    • 156 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    NoNoDrama
    • 17th Jun 10, 1:32 AM
    • 17th Jun 10, 1:32 AM
    but i've got the p60 from my employer and it doesn't cover when i was on benefits just what i have earned with them.
  • Premier
    • 17th Jun 10, 11:41 AM
    • 17th Jun 10, 11:41 AM
    It should do. There's a separate box for 'previous employment' on the P60 for those that started work within the tax year with that employer.

If it doesn't (and you were receiving benefits) then you've probably not been charged enough tax on your current employment.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,130Posts Today

7,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• RT @toes_pointy: @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis Feeling smug. Used MSE sky code to change bband provider, saved £150 & got £50 free credit.?

• MSE weekly email: Ending - Brit Gas £300/yr off & free £30M&S, Vax 75%off, £15off Tesco Wine, £64/yr bband, £8 duvet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin