Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance > Lloyds TSB Loan and Credit Card PPI for Self Empl... (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Lloyds TSB Loan and Credit Card PPI for Self Employed
Views: 2,968
# 1
Nutty Nomes
Old 10-06-2010, 1:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Lloyds TSB Loan and Credit Card PPI for Self Employed

Hello all,

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

My boyfriend is self employed and took out a loan with Lloyds TSB in June 2007 with PPI - any ideas anyone if he is covered with PPI as he is self employed and is it worth claiming?

Similarly he is still paying PPI on his Lloyds TSB credit card which he has had for a number of years.

Has anyone had any successes with Lloyds TSB for being mis-sold PPI for being self employed?

Again thankyou for any help or advice

Nutty Nomes xxxx
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following User Says Thank You to Nutty Nomes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2
dunstonh
Old 10-06-2010, 2:06 PM
Mega Magnificent Maxi-Meticulous Uber-MoneySaving Magnate

Most self employed people are covered under PPI. it is only a minority of plans that dont include self employment.

There are different versions of PPI offered by lloyds (often depending on whether you are ex lloyds or ex tsb). So, its probably best to ask them if self employed or not.
I am a Financial Adviser. Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to dunstonh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
tiggrae
Old 10-06-2010, 2:25 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Send a message via Yahoo to tiggrae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nomes View Post
Hello all,

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

My boyfriend is self employed and took out a loan with Lloyds TSB in June 2007 with PPI - any ideas anyone if he is covered with PPI as he is self employed and is it worth claiming?

Similarly he is still paying PPI on his Lloyds TSB credit card which he has had for a number of years.

Has anyone had any successes with Lloyds TSB for being mis-sold PPI for being self employed?

Again thankyou for any help or advice

Nutty Nomes xxxx
you need to check the small print of both policies, many exclude you from claiming on the insurance if you're not paying certain categories of National Insurance. Also, to claim for sickness benefit, you have to demonstrate any company operated by the self employed individual has now ceased to trade
I reclaim PPI for a living - but happy to help out where I can
The Following User Says Thank You to tiggrae For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
di3004
Old 10-06-2010, 2:54 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Hi there

Check on lloyds TSB website and there are policy details enclosed on there, once your on their website, click on insurance, it then comes up with what your covered for and the policy details, good luck.
The one and only "Dizzy Di"
# 5
Nutty Nomes
Old 10-06-2010, 3:06 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thank you so much for all your help and advice

Do you think it is worth trying to re-claim the PPI on the self employed basis or through mis-selling as not explained as optional

Nutty Nomes xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to Nutty Nomes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 6
di3004
Old 10-06-2010, 3:38 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nomes View Post
Thank you so much for all your help and advice

Do you think it is worth trying to re-claim the PPI on the self employed basis or through mis-selling as not explained as optional

Nutty Nomes xxx

Hi

You have the right to reclaim on any reason you have been mis sold on, so with the reasons you have for instance if they automatically added the ppi etc, give it a go.

Just a suggestion, you could also contact lloyds tsb to cover both grounds when reclaiming on the number below and they should be able to confirm if self employment is covered or not, just ring as a general inquiry.
Tel 0845 3005599

Then in regards of reclaiming, follow the guidelines on link below, you complete a FOS questionnaire - this is instead of a letter, you will find on stage one of reclaiming, keep copies, and they have 8 weeks in full to respond.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...loan-insurance

These questionnaires include all ppi reclaiming on credit card ppi/loan ppi and so on.

Hope this helps, good luck.X
The one and only "Dizzy Di"