Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • shazjack
    • By shazjack 6th Jun 10, 8:54 PM
    • 2,499Posts
    • 20,836Thanks
    shazjack
    Two prizes to give away (PRIZE ONE) GONE
    • 6th Jun 10, 8:54 PM
    Two prizes to give away (PRIZE ONE) GONE 6th Jun 10 at 8:54 PM
    I recently won 2 prizes that I can't take up due to health problems but would like to offer them to anyone who can make good use of them.

Prize 1 - FREE 2 night Mini Cruise Break to Amsterdam from Newcastle for 4 PEOPLE. I have checked with DFDS and they have assured me that I can give this prize to someone else if I can't go myself. Some dates left for June and July but not many! Prize must be booked no later than 14th June. There was only 50 chances to win this particular Free trip so I was lucky if nothing else!!

What's Included

• 2 nights onboard in a 4-berth en suite cabin
    • Coach transfers to and from the city centre
    • Optional complimentary sightseeing tour
    • Live entertainment onboard

If you are interested please just reply below to this post and if enough people respond I will put the names into hat or something and draw one out at by 11am tomorrow. Will then forward the lucky person the email link with winners code to claim the prize.

Comp link from here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2455389&highlight=mini+cruise+to+ amsterdam

Good Luck

Will put Prize TWO (2 x tickets to the AEGON Championships at Queens) in a separate thread so as not to confuse anyone - meaning myself !!!
    Last edited by shazjack; 07-06-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Page 1
    • kellyroxannesmith
    • By kellyroxannesmith 6th Jun 10, 8:55 PM
    • 1,344 Posts
    • 59,572 Thanks
    kellyroxannesmith
    • 6th Jun 10, 8:55 PM
    • 6th Jun 10, 8:55 PM
    I recently won 2 prizes that I can't take up due to health problems but would like to offer them to anyone who can make good use of them.

Prize 1 - FREE 2 night Mini Cruise Break to Amsterdam from Newcastle for 4 PEOPLE. I have checked with DFDS and they have assured me that I can give this prize to someone else if I can't go myself. Some dates left for June and July but not many! Prize must be booked no later than 14th June. There was only 50 chances to win this particular Free trip so I was lucky if nothing else!!

What's Included

• 2 nights onboard in a 4-berth en suite cabin
    • Coach transfers to and from the city centre
    • Optional complimentary sightseeing tour
    • Live entertainment onboard

If you are interested please just reply below to this post and if enough people respond I will put the names into hat or something and draw one out at by 11am tomorrow. Will then forward the lucky person the email link with winners code to claim the prize.

Comp link from here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2455389&highlight=mini+cruise+to+ amsterdam

Good Luck

Will put Prize TWO (2 x tickets to the AEGON Championships at Queens) in a separate thread so as not to confuse anyone - meaning myself !!!
    Originally posted by shazjack
    well done on ur win, thats fab n lovely of u 2 give 2 another person on here, x
    • avelte
    • By avelte 6th Jun 10, 8:57 PM
    • 4,945 Posts
    • 56,220 Thanks
    avelte
    • 6th Jun 10, 8:57 PM
    • 6th Jun 10, 8:57 PM
    well done of you,

i won the trip myself and i am not sure if i will go as i live in london and include extra cost,but i am still thinking of mine,maybe i will ,i would like to go
    A rule of the universe is, the more you give, the more you get
  • iceq121
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:03 PM
    Prize mini cruse
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:03 PM
    I have been trying for that prize every day for my husbands birthday present, i would love it if you could add me to the hat lol you would be a saviour
    • kimmy393
    • By kimmy393 6th Jun 10, 9:04 PM
    • 5,387 Posts
    • 5,795 Thanks
    kimmy393
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:04 PM
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:04 PM
    pm sent for tennis tickets. i so want to go to this have entered all the comps . pretty please xxx
    2015 Big wins: luxury 7 night holiday in sharm el sheikh, theatre tix, £123, IPad Air 16gb, Night in London hotel celebjuicetix :, Portable dvd playerT

Best 2014: £900 VIP cheltenham races day, £200 H&M voucher, £300 camera, 2 nights luxury apt Harrogate, 5 nights glamping cumbria
    Total:2010: £10,531, 2011:£11,075
    • DancerKaz
    • By DancerKaz 6th Jun 10, 9:08 PM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 1,921 Thanks
    DancerKaz
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:08 PM
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:08 PM
    What a shame you can't go but lovely of you to give the tickets up and give two other people a chance
    2010 Total £6,094 2011 Total £4,542 2012 Total £1,845 2013 Total £2,274
    2014 Calendar £10 Amazon £8 Grolsch Dreamboats&Petticoats Tkts Liverpool Tkts Pizza VIP Airport Liz Earle Products Madhur Jaffrey's 80th BirthdayManicure set Lip BalmDog FoodFestival of Speed TktsCockney Rebel TktsJury's Inn StayErasure TktsShrek Tkts£1,000!!!

• never too old
    • By never too old 6th Jun 10, 9:10 PM
    • 2,756 Posts
    • 29,936 Thanks
    never too old
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:10 PM
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:10 PM
    Congratulations on your wins
    Car loan £0
    HMRC 0
    ME £0
    • MyRubyRed
    • By MyRubyRed 6th Jun 10, 9:41 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 902 Thanks
    MyRubyRed
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:41 PM
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:41 PM
    What a kind gesture. I'd love to take the mini cruise xx
    • MyRubyRed
    • By MyRubyRed 6th Jun 10, 9:44 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 902 Thanks
    MyRubyRed
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:44 PM
    • 6th Jun 10, 9:44 PM
    well done of you,

i won the trip myself and i am not sure if i will go as i live in london and include extra cost,but i am still thinking of mine,maybe i will ,i would like to go
    Originally posted by avelte
    You could probably get cheap coach or rail travel up to Newcastle? The ferry port isn't that far out.
    • bellalestrange
    • By bellalestrange 6th Jun 10, 9:49 PM
    • 201 Posts
    • 3,287 Thanks
    bellalestrange
    Hi

Well done on your win, and for offering them out! We would love to go, please pop our name in the hat!!

Thank you
    X
    Wins 2014: £150 golf shoes
    Total wins for 2011:
    Total wins for 2009: £883.22
    Total wins for 2010: £2249.50
  • Ciriusly
    Hi Shazjack, I've been trying to win this trip for ages so wouldn't mind being considered! Thanks
    • shazjack
    • By shazjack 6th Jun 10, 9:57 PM
    • 2,499 Posts
    • 20,836 Thanks
    shazjack
    well done of you,

Originally posted by avelte
    I know I had it all worked out even down to finding the cheapest travel from Edinburgh to Newcastle!! The trainline.com had some brilliant prices last week, I was quoted £34 for return tickets total cost for 2 adults - not bad. Hope you can go I would love to hear how you got on.
    • freefan01
    • By freefan01 6th Jun 10, 10:06 PM
    • 4,240 Posts
    • 99,263 Thanks
    freefan01
    Shazjack this is very generous of you, I hope you win some fab prizes for your generosity
    (I don't want added to your 'hat') too far for me to travel but just had to comment, this board really does bring out the best in people
    Bestof2013-AcerLaptop,years supply of Lindt chocolate,Family to Spain,£500,13 bottles of Wine,iPhone 5,2 night island break,Pedal Bike&Helmet,HuntersWellies,TomTomGPSWatch,3 bottlesVodka
    Dec 2014 - DigitalRadio,Artwork,TekstaPuppy,2xSocks,Cushelle Koala,RoboFish,£50IcelandVouchers,DressingGown,CadburyHamper,
    AirwickSampleHamper
    • baxter1999
    • By baxter1999 6th Jun 10, 10:06 PM
    • 176 Posts
    • 3,878 Thanks
    baxter1999
    It`s lovely of you to offer the prizes, I`m sure this will earn you good comping karma and you`ll win a great prize you can enjoy, you deserve it.
    • shazjack
    • By shazjack 6th Jun 10, 10:24 PM
    • 2,499 Posts
    • 20,836 Thanks
    shazjack
    Thanx for all the kind words and yes I'm a great believer in Karma - maybe I will finally win that wii for my grandson !!!! That would be my ultimate prize to win at the moment - here's hoping I'm lucky again soon
  • pink1310
    aw thanks your such a lovely person for doing this.will you add my name in the hat.Thanks
    A.B.C.D.E.F.G.H.I.J.K.L.M.N.O.P.Q.R.S.T.U.V.W.X.Y.Z
    0.00/10k
  • sarahlasvegas
    I would love to be added to the hat for the amsterdam cruise, Ive entered everyday so far with no luck. Would make a brilliant birthday present for hubby and we're not too far from the port.

Really nice of you to offer it up.
    • mulle
    • By mulle 6th Jun 10, 10:43 PM
    • 212 Posts
    • 3,678 Thanks
    mulle
    That's really lovely of you!!! Got my fingers and toes crossed a Wii will find it's way to you and your grandson soon.

I'd love to be added "into the hat"... even though I live in Scotland, this is a prize I've been trying to win since it started... I know it's only for two nights, but to get away for a couple of days at this moment in time would be absolute bliss.

• always comping
    • By always comping 6th Jun 10, 10:44 PM
    • 6,334 Posts
    • 167,409 Thanks
    always comping
    can i go in for the cruise please????? lovely of you to offer them up hun xx
  • MrsMoo2U
    Dont want to be added, just wanted to say what a lovely gesture. Hope you get that Wii
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,790Posts Today

6,340Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin