PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Comments

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Just off to see the Calendar Girls--- As DOH just commented -- " Its just as well its not like the Rocky Horror Show where the audience have to dress up as part of the show!!!." Well for the Calendar Girls it would be undress and my bottom is NOT a pretty sight!!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone

Kinsey - you must have been disappointed by that response from your DDIL. I'm sure the things you were made are beautiful and I can understand you feeling that you don't want to bother any more. Hand made things are such labours of love and to feel that the thought, time and effort that goes into making something is not appreciated is not very nice.

Chalky - have a great time tonight. I hope you got my pm and emails yesterday. Love the latest blog photos!

Well, I've been helping DH today so I've not got any of the things done that I wanted to get done! I had to go out for materials, though, and couldn't help passing the haberdashery shop and buying yet more buttons! I don't even know what I'll use them for - I just had to buy them! They have a huge selection of ribbons in there, too, so I'm trying to justify buying some - as if I don't have a big box full already! Why are we girlies like that?

Well, I'm hoping to get the dinner done early so that I can sit down earlier and get more hooking done - I shall watch the Spain v Germany game tonight - it starts at 8.30 for us here in France.

It's been so so hot here today - we've got the fans going but I think we'll be getting the air-conditioning unit going if it gets any hotter. Still, my chilli plants seem to like it!

Anyway, we are missing so many people on here lately. Maytaurus - it's been ages and ages since we heard from you, as well as LC Wilson, Linedancerann, Pam, Orkney Star, Only Girl, and others. Lots of (((hugs))) to you all.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I nearly forgot! Look what I came across today http://www.woodwoolstool.com/ I can't believe the prices being charged. I love all the crochet but I wouldn't have the stools because they look as if they are full of splinters - not exactly ideal for children!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Evening all...no wooly stuff for me but hope to finish the next bit of cardi tomorrow - and then one left!
    Thanks for good wishes. Another day to go Fri and i hope to know by next week, Just taking it a day at a time tbh.
    Looked at the website miol...not my cuppa tea tbh but with an ample bottom perhaps need a little more strength!!
    Chalky hope youre settling in - do you find it hard to adjust when you get back or is it just normal?
    off to bed I go...hugs all
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    morning everyone
    isom, thinking of you right now, hope everything goes well, and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers
    have managed to complete a blanket this week.
    and i confess to cheating...
    conversation at a craft group 2 weeks ago, was about unfinished projects, i mentioned that i'd done all the charity ones without a problem, but when it came to sewing up my own stuff i never seemed to get on with it, i had a jumper sitting there from feb that just needed sewing up, so a friend kindly offered to do it for me, got it back finished off beautifully yesterday, and gave her my cardigan and a summer top to finish, she does seams the proper way and they are so neat, next week in class she is going to teach me to sew up correctly:T
    hope everyone has a lovely day
    hugs all
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • Hi Shaz
    Have actually finished some more stuff off - have decided that I need to complete stuff properly rather than only finishing half of it (so addng buttons at the same time as sewing up etc), so I don't have half fnished stuff cluttering up the place!!

Hope meeting goes well - and we'll rearrange a meeting!

D x
    :hello:
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    thanks dawn, not really loking forward to this meeting, but know i have to go as its in the best interests of my boys, they leave school next may, and we have to start making plans very soon, todays meeting will tell us our options, and hopefully give us the support we need to help the boys prepare for the next stage in their lifes
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Good Morning to one and all
    We have a return home regime going at the moment which is basically start work at 9.00. Coffee break 10.45-11.15 and then back to work til lunch at 1.00 p.m.
    We have a loooooong list of jobs which have been needing attention since before our jaunts. Well all going well, windows sparkling, garden and house tidy etc etc. Garden furniture next and so it goes on. All very well but I think I would rather be out in the Sunshine Bus -- so much smaller to keep clean and tidy!!

Well Calendar Girls was funny and sad and a woollen blanket played a large part!!
    Charlie Dimmock might need big buns but she cant act!!!

I am quietly hooking the lappys and pictures will be following soon!

Right 1 more job before coffee time!
    Love to one and all

Hope May pops on soon -- Miss you May --- Special thoughts to all the other MIA'S
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    sorry havent been in for a while other things have taken priority at the mo, found out how ill father in law is, its not good so spending ll the time i can helping support him and mum in law and trying to help my dh and the kids thruough this.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Mrs MP
    Completely understand - family takes over, and you have to be there for them (and try and get some time for you too, I know it's hard most of the time).

We are always here when you need/want us, for whatever reason - whether that be good, bad or indifferent, and you're important to us too....

Please take care of you, as well as everyone else, and pm me if you want a "chat" or a vent, or a shoulder or anything.

Lots of hugs and gentle thoughts heading your way,

Dawn xxx
    :hello:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills