Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    aqueoushumour01
    450 amazon voucher: scam?
    • 22nd Aug 06, 9:24 PM
    450 amazon voucher: scam? 22nd Aug 06 at 9:24 PM
    I've just seen a listing for 450 in amazon gift vouchers sent by email. Perhaps it's just me being over-cautious but I've heard of a lot of people buying high valued vouchers and them not working.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/450-AMAZON-CO-UK-GIFT-VOUCHER_W0QQitemZ150025262587QQihZ005QQcategoryZ65 215QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one is being sold by an ebayer with 0 feedback. This always worries me when the item being sold is of potentially high value. They write under sellers instructions, "This is an email voucher. Paypal not accepted as payment method. You can pay on collection or if you have high feedback then i may accept payment after i email you the voucher"

They supposedly want the buyer to take payment to them and meet face to face. This perhaps makes it less likely to be a scam but is it likely that someone will have 450 worth of genuine amazon gift vouchers?

Currently the item has only been bid up to 30 - perhaps buyers are wary of this one. As it stands the winning bidder could get the bargain of the century if the item is genuine but if there's a rally at the last minute (it closes thursday at 2pm) the winner could find themselves out of pocket if it turns out to be a scam.
    Last edited by aqueoushumour01; 22-08-2006 at 9:34 PM.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,552Posts Today

6,938Users online

Martin's Twitter