Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    verntern
    Santander. Spanish economy in trouble?
    • 25th May 10, 4:45 PM
    Santander. Spanish economy in trouble? 25th May 10 at 4:45 PM
    Alarming to read BBC reports:

'The concerns about eurozone debt follow Monday's strongly-worded comments from the International Monetary Fund that the Spanish economy needs comprehensive and far-reaching reform.
    That added to investors' worries over the weekend rescue of Spanish bank Cajasur by the Bank of Spain, only the second time the central bank has saved a regional lender.
    Amid concerns over solvency in the sector, and in the wake of the Cajasur rescue, four Spanish savings banks then announced plans to merge.
    Cajastur, Caja de Ahorros del Mediterraneo, Caja Extremadura and Caja Cantabria said they had reached agreement to form a group th
    at would "strengthen solvency and assets of the participating banks".'

Santander may be bigger than these minor banks and our Government protect our savings. Do I sense a small whiff of Icesave all over again?

I am choosing to transfer my Santander ISA. A Spanish bank too risky at the moment.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,837Posts Today

8,207Users online

Martin's Twitter